As a personal fitness and strength coach for athletes, I’m always interested to find out how professional bodybuilders adapt their exercise routines for different body parts.
And when bodybuilder Sadik Hadzovic shares specific information, you want to pay attention.
Our team spent over a day going over videos and interviews with Sadik to find out how he prepared for the New York Pro after taking some time away from competitive events.
We also tested the workout routine with four clients and got some impressive results with guys who had hit a plateau.
- Sadik Hadzovic’s shoulder training involves a wide mix of free-weight training, including shoulder press, dumbbell side laterals, and seated dumbbell press movements.
- Sadik has mentioned he prefers putting more emphasis on the front delts, probably because they are a more visually impactful part of a man’s physique.
- To achieve this kind of men’s physique, it takes a great combination of lifting heavy weights and taking the right approach to diet and supplements.
Sadik Hadzovic’s Stats
- Born: June 8, 1987
- Height: 5’11”
- Weight: 195 lbs.
- Waist: 30”
- Chest: 46”
Sadik Hadzovic’s Shoulder Workout Routine
Sadik Hadzovic’s shoulder workout routine is a carefully planned program that targets all the major muscles.
Looking at different videos that Sadik has posted on social media, he seems to be working out in the eight to 10 rep range and doing three to four sets for each exercise.
Here are the preferred shoulder workout movements that we tested with a few clients and got excellent results from:
- Lateral Raise: Doing dumbbell side laterals is going to be one of the most effective ways to train your deltoids . The great thing is that this will engage the front and mid delts, which have more of a visual impact.
- Seated Dumbbell Press: You’ll want to set up your bench at a slight angle for these. Doing this as a unilateral workout will give you the opportunity to specifically shape the delts.
- Standing Military Shoulder Press: It’s a similar movement to the one above, but you’ll be working both shoulders at the same time. Doing compound exercises like this can speed up your progress.
- Front Raises: This is another one of my favorite bodybuilding movements to achieve well-defined shoulders. By moving the strain forward, you’ll experience more strain in the front delts for an amazing physique.
- Bent Over Reverse Flyes: Don’t bend over too far; otherwise, you’ll turn this into a back exercise. But a slight forward tilt of the body will allow you to target the rear delts.
- Dumbbell Hammer Press: The final movement is a variation of the overhead press by holding the dumbbells with palms facing each other.
As you can see, there is a lot of work that Sadik Hadzovic goes through.
And for most people, this would be enough for one workout session. Alternatively, you could pick half of these and combine them with arm or back exercises.
“I utilize every type of press there is; from seated military to standing hammer press.”
- Sadik Hadzovic
What’s His Diet Plan?
Sadik Hadzovic’s diet plan is quite unique in bodybuilding circles, as he follows a high-protein and high-fat diet.
Most other bodybuilders will focus on high protein and carb diets, but his approach is obviously working.
Having listened to a few interviews, I’d say he’s not into keto.
The other thing he mentions is getting his carbs in early and avoiding all refined carbs.
After training, he focuses on protein and fat to help with repair and recovery.
You might want to experiment with such an approach, but be careful with your sources of fat and make sure they are healthy options.
Does He Take Supplements?
Yes, Sadik Hadzovic takes supplements as part of his overall diet plan.
As an influencer with a lot of followers in the bodybuilding world, you often see him talking about different protein shakes that he tries out.
Based on what I can tell, he mainly takes a high-quality whey protein shake.
What I’ve also seen him talk about is a pre-workout supplement.
These won’t give you instant superpowers, but they have enough of an impact on physical and mental energy and stamina to make a difference over several months.
Start Reshaping Your Upper Body Physique Today
If you’ve been lacking some toned muscle shape around your shoulders, then I highly recommend the above workout options.
We’ve tried these with a few clients, and they showed results after just five weeks.
I would also advise you to introduce a high-quality pre-workout supplement into your stack:
We’ve extensively tested these products to identify the best-performing ones for our clients.
About The Author
You May Also Like