You want to eliminate fat from the comfort of your own home, but your neighbors aren’t going to appreciate the thuds that come along with many exercises.
I have compiled a guide so my fitness clients can maximize fat and calorie burn through a quiet cardio workout when getting out of the house for exercise isn’t an option.
Read on to find out what I have learned over the years that make an effective, neighbor-friendly living room workout.
- A specific combination of different apartment-friendly exercises can help you burn fat and lose weight without disturbing your neighbors.
- You can achieve fat loss quietly with just ten minutes of high-intensity, low-impact cardio.
- Intensity is key to burning extra calories during your workout routine - up the tempo, and you’ll burn more calories.
Can You Workout, Burn Fat, and Do It Quietly?
You absolutely can workout, burn fat, and do it quietly; you just have to get creative.
Time constraints, space limitations, and close neighbors create a “think outside the box” scenario for exercise, but it’s not impossible.
There are many bodyweight exercises, some of which will be discussed later on, that do not involve jumping or equipment but target every major muscle group, challenging the entire body, efficiently promoting fat, and, ultimately, weight loss.
Remember diet and exercises work in tandem. Maintaining a calorie deficit is essential to getting the most out of your workouts and should never be overlooked.
Burn Fat in Ten Minutes With Little to No Noize
According to the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), just 75 minutes of high-intensity exercise per week is enough to keep you fit and healthy, translating to 10-11 minutes per day of vigorous exercise .
Tabata is a form of high-intensity interval training (HIIT), and the traditional protocol is twenty seconds of work followed by ten seconds of rest for eight rounds.
You can use this guideline to create an at-home workout that burns fat in 10 minutes, just up the rounds, and you can implement exercises of your choice; this also offers you variety.
Here’s a sample workout; remember, high intensity here is key for 20 seconds, then rest for 10 seconds before moving on to the next exercise.
- Mountain climbers
- Side Crunches
- Chair Dip
Repeat for a total of 10 minutes and make sure you are stepping on your toes and not your whole foot or heels to minimize the noize.
"HIIT is an extremely effective and efficient form of exercise, elevating your heart rate quickly and burning a significant amount of calories in a short amount of time,"
-Tom Holland, MS, CSCS, CISSN.
More Great Quiet Exercises
These exercises will have you breaking a sweat and burning fat in the comfort of your home. Remember to up the tempo to burn more calories, but be sure to maintain the correct form.
Follow the steps of each exercise below to complete one rep.
- Start with feet hip-width apart.
- Start with either your left or right foot and kick that leg to the side as fast and high as you comfortably and safely can
- Replace your foot on the ground.
- Repeat for 20-30 reps, then switch sides.
Alternating Reverse Lunge
- Stand with feet flat and together.
- Take a large step backward (controlled lunge) with your left foot.
- Lower your hips so your right leg is parallel to the floor and your knee is positioned directly over your ankle.
- Keep your left knee bent at a 90-degree angle and pointing toward the floor. Step your left foot in, and lunge back with your right foot.
- Repeat. The more reps will increase your heart rate.
- Stand with feet slightly wider than your shoulders.
- With knees bent, lower your hips and bring your thighs parallel to the floor. Bend your elbows, keeping weight in your heels.
- Stand completely straightening your legs and squeezing your glutes at the top of the movement.
- Continue for a minimum of 30 seconds or as long as you can maintain proper form and pace.
- Lie on the floor with your hands behind your head and bend your knees to your chest.
- Lift your shoulder blades off the ground, pull your abs toward your spine, and press your lower back into the mat.
- Your hands should just be supporting your head, don’t pull on your head or neck.
- With legs extended, turn your upper body to the right.
- Bring your left elbow toward your right knee.
- Make sure to move your rib cage, not just your elbows.
- Repeat on the other side.
Squat With Side Kick
- Start with your feet shoulder-width and your hands held out in front of you for balance.
- Bend your knees, lowering your hips into a squat, keeping weight in your heels.
- Rise completely, straighten your legs, and lift your right leg out to the side, making sure to squeeze your outer glute to get the most out of the exercise.
- Step back into starting position and squat down again. Stand up and lift your left leg to the side, squeezing the outer glute.
- Lower your leg back to the floor.
- At the beginning of this exercise, your feet should be hip-distance apart with toes slightly pointing out.
- Squat, and with both hands, hold a kettlebell between your legs. Make sure to keep your back flat and abs engaged.
- While inhaling, press into your feet and burst up, straightening your legs and swinging the kettlebell in front, so your hands are in line with your shoulders.
- Exhale, and with control, come back to the starting position, allowing the kettlebell to swing back between your legs.
What Quiet Exercise Burns The Most Fat?
A quiet exercise that burns the most fat is the bicycle crunch. The bicycle crunch targets your entire core, and to give yourself a cardio challenge; you can up the tempo; just make sure to maintain the correct form.
What Fat-Burning Exercises Can I Do At Home With No Jumping?
You can do several fat-burning exercises at home with no jumping, including a windmill, squat punch, front lunge, plank, inchworm, ballet half kick, arm/leg raise, and walking burpee.
You Can Work Out Quietly and Burn Fat
Don’t let space limitations and close neighbors deter you from shredding fat. You have excellent weight loss workout options that are effective and quiet.
I remember my early apartment days fondly cramming in a late-night quiet and quick workout during study breaks.
I was dead set on making the most of these workouts, so I added a reliable one of the following fat burners into the mix, got rid of fat, gained muscle, and never looked back.
Start today; you can keep the exercise quiet, the intensity high, the fat burning fast, and the neighbors happy.
Was this article helpful?
About The Author
You May Also Like