In this era of high-intensity workouts, easy exercises usually don’t get a lot of credit.
But what most people don’t know is that beginner-friendly workouts can have incredible fat-burning capabilities too.
After hours of research, we’ve come up with a list of the best workouts for torching fat and losing weight.
- The best workout for beginners to lose weight consists of simple bodyweight exercises that burn calories and tone muscles.
- The recommended exercises for beginners include plank, mountain climbers, bicycle crunches, reverse crunches, and push-ups.
- Combining these workouts with cardio exercises and maintaining a well-rounded exercise program can lead to significant weight loss and overall health benefits.
What Is The Best Workout For Beginners To Lose Weight?
This workout routine consists of simple bodyweight moves meant to burn calories and tone your muscles.
We designed this fat-burning regimen with beginners like you in mind.
And you won’t need any fancy equipment or prior exercise knowledge.
To effectively lose weight, combining a well-rounded exercise program with your workout routines is important.
Cardiovascular exercises such as brisk walking, jogging, or cycling can enhance calorie burning and contribute to weight loss. Remember, consistency and gradual progression are key to achieving sustainable results.
If you’re just starting your fitness journey, here's an easy workout program that you can follow.
- Place your forearms on the ground with your elbows stacked under your shoulders.
- Make sure your forearms are parallel to each other.
- Lift your body up and extend your arms.
- Engage your core and hold this position for about 30 seconds.
2. Mountain Climbers
- Start by getting into a plank position (arms extended).
- Move your right knee forward under your chest, keeping your toes just off the ground.
- Return to the starting position and move your left knee forward under your chest.
- Perform steps 2 and 3 as fast as possible for 30 seconds.
3. Bicycle Crunches
- Lie flat on the ground with your arms resting on your sides.
- Place your hands behind your head. If you want to, you can also interlock your fingers.
- Lift your right leg until your thighs are perpendicular to the ground and your calves are parallel.
- Simultaneously lift your left shoulder and rotate your upper body so that your left elbow touches your right knee.
- Straighten your right leg, but don’t let it touch the ground.
- Simultaneously lift your left leg and twist your upper body so that your right elbow touches your left knee.
- Do this seven times for each leg.
4. Reverse Crunches
- Lie flat with your arms resting beside your body and your palms touching the floor.
- Lift your legs and bend your knees toward your head, making sure that your butt and hips lie firmly on the ground.
- Push your legs up toward the ceiling, lifting your butt off the ground.
- Lower your legs, but don’t let your feet touch the floor.
- Beginners can do 3 sets of 10 reverse crunches.
- Get down on all fours with your palms flat on the floor shoulder-width apart.
- Straighten your arms and legs.
- Lower your body until your chest is almost touching the floor.
- Push your body back up.
- Repeat this move 10 times.
Sample Beginner Workout Schedule
You can do this workout three times a week and alternate it with cardio exercises. Remember to do your warm-up and cool-down routines before and after your workout.
Perform each movement for 60 seconds.
- March in place
- Arm circles
- Hip circles
- Standing toe touches
- Lateral step with arm swings
- Jog in place - 30 seconds
- Standing quad stretch - 30-second hold for each leg
- Standing hamstring stretch - 45 seconds
- Standing wall stretch - 30 seconds
- Child’s pose - 45 seconds
Monday, Wednesday, Friday (Total Body)
Perform each exercise for 40 seconds and rest for 20 seconds before moving on to the next.
Focus on maintaining proper form to prevent injuries and ensure that you’re maximizing your workout.
Rest for 1 minute after each set and repeat the entire circuit 4 times.
- Mountain Climbers
- Bicycle Crunches
- Reverse Crunches
Tuesday & Friday (Cardio)
Perform 30 minutes of walking, jumping jacks, jogging, running, cycling, or swimming to build your cardio endurance.
If you have access to a gym, you can also hop on the treadmill, bike, elliptical, or rower.
This is your active rest day, which means you get to choose an activity you enjoy. For example, you can try yoga, pilates, or even go biking around your neighborhood.
Feel free to relax as this is a complete rest day.
Bonus Tip: Once you feel a bit stronger, you can further challenge yourself by lifting a pair of dumbbells or weights in the succeeding weeks.
You can also increase the workout time to 45 seconds and decrease how much time you rest to 15 seconds.
What Are The Health Benefits Of These Workouts?
Easy workout sessions are the foundation of a beginner fitness plan. They will help you build healthy habits that, when maintained, can lead to significant weight loss.
“Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.”
- Jim Ryan, Olympic Athlete
These workouts are considered “beginner-friendly” because they don’t require a lot of gym equipment. Their intensity can also be tweaked to match your current fitness level. You can even set your own pace to get the perfect balance between challenge and comfort.
But just because they’re easy doesn’t mean they’re ineffective.
Engaging in any type of exercise provides immediate benefits, including better brain activity and improved mood. Regular exercise can also have long-term effects, such as a reduced risk of disease .
How To Achieve Weight Loss With Easy Workouts
This fat-burning workout routine can help you shed those unwanted pounds as long as you don’t compensate for exercising by increasing your food intake.
If you learn to control your eating, you’ll have greater chances of losing weight.
Being consistent with your workout will also help you burn more fat over time.
You can also create meal plans that support losing weight, which means adding more fruit, vegetables, and lean protein to your diet.
About The Author
You May Also Like