Many athletes have found that garlic improves blood flow, raises testosterone, and lowers cortisol levels, making it a great pre-workout.
As a fitness trainer for many years, I researched and tested a few dozen garlic supplements to determine which ones were the easiest to use and had the best ingredients to improve physical performance.
In this review, I will share the results of my research and the list of the ten best garlic pills, so keep reading because, in the end, I will reveal which one has stood out for me the most.
My 10 Best Garlic Supplements
1 - Kyolic Garlic (Editor's Choice)
If you're looking to increase your workout tolerance and reduce blood pressure, the Kyolic aged garlic extract might be a good choice for you .
After taking this garlic supplement for a month, I was able to endure noticeably longer workouts and do more intense sessions with my clients.
- Aged Garlic Extract : 600 mg (two capsules serving size)
- Ideal for sensitive stomachs
- All-natural, organic garlic supplement
- Helps regulate high blood pressure
- Some users reported sleeplessness after taking this pill
2 - Odorless Garlic Oil Pills by Sports Research
A pure garlic oil extract that’s easy on your stomach comes from Sports Research.
It has combined ingredients specifically to help you strengthen bones, lose weight, and get more energy during workouts .
I liked that Sports Research's pills were small, tasteless, and didn't cause any stomach issues.
- Allium sativum extract : 10 mg (two softgels serving size) *Equivalent to 1000 mg of garlic
- Petroselinum crispum concentrate : 400 mcg *Equivalent to 200 mg of fresh parsley
- Copper Chlorophyll Complex : 56 mcg
- No aftertaste
- Free of allergens, fillers, and hormones
- Helps increase physical endurance
- Some customers complain about skin itching and flushing
3 - Nature's Bounty Garlic
One of the best garlic supplements I’ve tried was from Nature's Bounty because it has a high dose, and it’s beneficial for athletes who prioritize strengthening their immune systems.
I usually get a few colds during the cold season, but taking this supplement increased my resilience after only two weeks of use.
- Allium sativum powder : 400 mg (one enteric-coated tablet serving size) *Equivalent to 2000 mg of garlic
- Superior quality, third-party tested
- Free of allergens and additives
- Supports immunity and overall health
- Some consumers didn't like the strong garlic odor and aftertaste
4 - NaturaLife Labs Pure Garlic
First on my list is NaturaLife Labs' fresh California-grown garlic supplements.
Since this product is appropriately dosed, you can take only one or two capsules of this herbal supplement to give you immediate muscle energy and strength.
I took one capsule per day in combination with my other vitamins and pre-workout, and in about a week and a half, I noticed I could do more reps, lift heavier weights, and work out longer.
- Allium sativum extract : 15 mg (one softgel serving size) *Equivalent to 1500 mg of fresh garlic bulb
- Chemical-free formulation
- Boosts energy levels fast
- Support faster muscle recovery
- High-dose, fast-acting supplement
- It may not be ideal for people with severe medical conditions
5 - BRI Nutrition Odorless Garlic
With BRI Nutrition, you don't have to wait months to get the garlic benefits such as boosting your immunity, increasing energy levels, and improving your overall health.
After only two weeks of use, I've noticed significantly increased energy output and greater stamina during our workouts.
- Allium sativum extract : 10 mg (two softgels serving size) *Equivalent to 1000 mg of garlic bulb extract
- Petroselinum crispum concentrate : 400 mcg *Equivalent to 200 mg of fresh parsley seed oil
- Copper Chlorophyll Complex : 56 mcg
- Absorbs quickly and delivers fast results
- Improves immunity and cardiovascular health
- Helps in the detoxification process
- Not suitable for people with allergic reactions to parsley
6 - Puritan's Pride Odorless Garlic
If you are not allergic to soy, Puritan's Pride odorless garlic claims to promote healthy circulation, which should make sure your muscles get oxygen as you train.
After taking this supplement for over a month, my clients reported an increased ability to finish their workout without getting exhausted or having too sore muscles.
- Allium sativum extract : 10 mg (two softgels serving size)
- *Equivalent to 1000 mg of garlic
- Works well with other vitamins
- Promotes good blood flow
- No foul smell or rancid taste
- Not suitable for people with a known allergy to soy
7 - Horbäach Odorless Garlic Softgels
The Horbäach odorless garlic extract has the highest potency on the list; however, I suggest trying it out first as it might cause unpleasant reactions to some people due to its high dosage.
After a few weeks of use, some of my clients claimed it provided some amazing results, while others reported it triggered mild heartburn.
- Allium sativum concentrate : 36 mg (three softgels serving size) *Equivalent to 3600 mg of garlic
- Gluten, dairy, wheat, and hormone-free formulation
- Boosts mood and energy levels fast
- Helps increase muscle oxygenation due to improved circulation
- Some consumers find taking three capsules a day is inconvenient and costly
8 - Sundown Garlic
Sundown's organic garlic oil may be an ideal choice if you're looking for a mild supplement to support your muscles and bones.
However, I did not notice any major effects until one month of using it, and afterward, I felt a gradual improvement in strength and energy over the following months.
- Allium sativum extract : 10 mg (one softgel serving size)
- *Equivalent to 1000 mg of garlic
- Allergen-free formulation
- Support immunity and heart health
- Helps increase muscle oxygenation
- It might be a little underdosed for people who engage in heavy workouts
9 - Zhou Extra Strength Odorless Garlic
If you’re not fond of eating fresh whole garlic cloves, Zhou claims it can improve your physical performance and help you combat respiratory and skin problems .
Most of my clients reported positive results, although they did mention a slight garlic taste which faded quickly enough.
- Allium sativum extract : 415 mg (one enteric-coated tablet serving size) *Equivalent to 5000 mcg [12000 mcg/g] of Allicin
- Helps relieve muscle pains
- Helps increase physical energy
- Enhances the immune system
- Has a mild garlic aroma and aftertaste
10 - Aged Black Garlic Capsules by Think Remedy
Finally, the garlic capsules by Think Remedy may improve athletic performance by decreasing inflammation in the body, allowing you to work out with less pain and soreness .
After a month of taking their aged black garlic capsules, I've noticed that I can focus more on my workout and have more energy each morning.
- Aged black garlic powder : 692 mg
- S-Allyl-Cysteine : 1.2 mg
- Improves muscle oxygenation
- Clean, vegan-friendly formulation
- Helps accelerate muscle recovery
- Some consumers didn't like the smell and taste
Buyer’s Guide - Things to Consider Before Buying Garlic Supplements
Before buying a garlic supplement, you should consider its main ingredients, as some may offer different health benefits.
You should also consider your preferred diet and any food allergies or intolerances you may have.
Garlic and its secondary metabolites have shown excellent health-promoting and disease-preventing effects on many human common diseases, such as cancer, cardiovascular and metabolic disorders, blood pressure, and diabetes. Johura Ansary,
PhD Scholar, Department of Biomedical Science, Marche Polytechnic University
While most garlic supplements are available in capsules, some come in coated tablets, soft gels, and liquid drops.
Also, their effectiveness may vary depending on their type, such as garlic powder, aged garlic extract, and garlic oil macerate, so make sure to choose the one that best suits your convenience and needs .
Value for Money
To get the most out of your money, choose a supplement with a high dose in a single capsule serving size. You should also look for a supplement that does not leave a rancid taste in your mouth.
Related Article: Best Testosterone Boosters
How Does Garlic Help Athletic Performance?
Eating raw garlic may improve athletic performance by enhancing blood circulation, testosterone levels, and lowering stress, allowing more muscle oxygenation, increased energy, and improved mental focus .
When is the Best Time to Take Garlic Supplements?
The best time to take garlic supplements is about one hour before going to the gym to increase stamina and endurance .
Our Recommended #1 Product
After years of using and testing many garlic supplements, I've consistently kept coming back to NaturaLife Labs' garlic supplement.
I favor this supplement because I can take one capsule and get 1500 mg of garlic extract, which I found to be just the right amount to boost my energy and strength. Other supplements on the list may be slightly underdosed when taken in a single capsule.
Also, if I need more energy to perform better, I can take two pills without upsetting my stomach or feeling overwhelmed.
Taking Kyolic Garlic allowed most of my clients and me to work out for longer, recover faster, and build stamina and resilience to stress.