Fat burning supplements that actually work can provide the edge you need to get you to your weight loss or cutting goals.
With the right combination of healthy diet and exercise routine, these types of supplements can significantly improve your chances of success.
And because the products I recommend are entirely natural fat burners, you won’t have to be concerned about the snake oil chemicals that are commonly found in less than organic supplements.
Studying vegan fat burners is a bit tricky, so we interviewed several vegan coaches and nutritionists to help us come up with this list.
So, let’s dive right into the list of the top vegan fat burners.
Our Top Vegan Fat Burners (October 2022)
1 - PhenQ (Editor's Choice)
Believe me when I say we've tested literally hundreds of commercial fat burners and this brand consistently stands out.
PhenQ Fat Burner is a thermogenic, fat burning powder that has been used by many of my clients as part of a diet and nutrition booster for weight loss goals.
It's safe for everyone who are serious about losing weight and improving physical performance. My clients rave about the insane energy boost during workouts after taking PhenQ!
But you do need to be careful and possibly take a lower dose if you’re sensitive to stimulants because it contains a significant amount of caffeine.
- Boosts energy for better gym performance
- Suppresses appetite
- Improves overall mood and brain function
- Replenishes body's lost electrolytes
- Quite a high dose of caffeine
But those natural stimulants work well to increase your metabolism which can release more energy that comes in handy when you exercise. And with some very good bulk discounts, you can actually save a load of money as well.
2 - PhenGold
PhenGold is ultimately an all-natural solution to burn fat, obtain essential nutrients, boost metabolism, and enhance your mood — all while helping you stay true to your vegan diet.
It contains natural, vegan-friendly ingredients, and essential nutrients like L- Theanine, L-Tyrosine, and vitamins B3, B6, and B12; everything you need and more to boost your metabolism and enhance your mood.
An enhanced mood makes your weight loss experience less challenging.
My favorite part about PhenGold is that it works similarly to appetite suppressants. So, it’s perfect for people who started a vegan diet or complain about always being hungry.
- Rhodiola Rosea : 250 mg
- Cayenne Pepper : 200 mg
- Green Tea : 500 mg
- Enhances Energy Levels and Improves Mood
- Suppresses Appetite
- Burns Fat and Stops Fat Production
- Vegan/Vegetarian Friendly
- Only Available Online
- Might Be Expensive Unless Bought in Bulk
In my experience with helping clients on their fitness journey, I’ve learned that there are three essential parts to losing weight: fat loss, fast metabolism, and appetite suppression. PhenGold gives you all three.
3 - LeanBean
This vegan fat burner makes the top part of my weight supplements list for females both for body fat reduction and energy boosting purposes.
I’ve spoken with a few clients who take this on a daily basis, and they have achieved some good results.
The green tea extract, along with green coffee bean extract, can have a pretty decent thermogenic effect on your body.
Add to that the turmeric and raspberry ketones, and you can also achieve some naturally higher brain energy.
- Non-GMO and made with natural ingredients
- Effective vegan fat burning supplement
- Appetite suppressant
- A higher dose of ketones could work better
It contains a good choice of nutrients you can take on a daily basis to work towards the body you desire. The only downside is that it could do with a bit more ketones.
With 3000mg of Glucomannan, it’s approved for weight loss in the European Union. It’s recommended to take 6 capsules per day: 2 during breakfast, lunch, and dinner, respectively.
4 - Burn Lab Pro
Burn Lab is clearly doing something right.
In my time as a personal trainer, I have watched this brand grow, with their products becoming more and more commonplace at the gym and in recommendations from colleagues and clients.
It’s quite easy to see why they are doing so well, and I have to commend their transparency and dedication to results-driven products.
The Burn Lab Pro fat burner is no exception and it’s one of the best vegan fat burners today because of its top quality ingredients.
- Claims to help boost energy and burn fat
- Suppresses appetite
- No caffeine and vegan-friendly
- Only available direct through their website
Whilst other fat burners will recommend you take doses 3 - 4 times a day, you should only take Burn Lab Pro once a day, about an hour before working out.
It is specially formulated to be used in conjunction with intermittent fasting, so most users have reported some positive results.
You can use it without fasting and still lose weight, but by leaning in to its intended purpose, you’ll get much better value from the product.
This vegan fat burner is only available direct from their own website, they do offer a 30-day money-back guarantee and there are discounts available for buying in bulk.
5 - Phen375
Phen375 fat burner is formulated in an FDA-certified facility, thus reassuring its users that Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) are observed in making the product.
After hearing out the testimonies of its users and researching its ingredients, I understood exactly why this product has earned this spot in this article among the many fat burners we tested.
Regular users have reported that they have healthily experienced fat burning and weight loss as the product has caused them to have regular bowel movements, better sleep, and increased energy levels.
Phen375 is not just a dietary pill; it could be your ally in your daily activities. By taking the pill as indicated, you get to enjoy the benefits that come with its healthy and highly refined ingredients.
- Helps stimulate metabolism
- Helps reduce food cravings
- Boosts athletic performance
- Can only be purchased online
Once you do regular exercise and eat healthily while taking Phen375 fat burning supplement, you may be well on your way to your weight loss journey.
6 - Powher Fat Burner
Powher Cut, Powher’s best vegan fat burner, is specially created for ladies to help you step up your game in your weight loss efforts. It is made with 100% natural ingredients that help you resist food cravings, support healthy blood glucose concentrations, and reduce fatigue.
Its main ingredient is Konjac root or Glucomannan, a type of soluble fiber that also acts as a prebiotic, thus keeping your gut clean and healthy. Furthermore, this fiber is expected to help relieve constipation.
- Promotes better metabolism
- Boosts endurance capacity
- Supports healthy weight loss
- Some may experience jitters due to its caffeine content
Due to natural caffeine content in Powher fat burner, you may experience caffeine crash. But so far, this is very rare because the caffeine content is minimal.
For better results, follow the recommended dosage of Powher Cut – 2 capsules, three times a day, right before breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Also, remember to exercise regularly and rehydrate more often when taking a fat burning supplement.
7 - Lean PM
Next on my list of vegan fat burners is quite a novel idea and one that I was very skeptical of. Could you seriously lose weight while you sleep?
The answer is yes. Fat loss is possible while sleeping, but not a huge amount. This fat burner is not a replacement for all the other work you put into your diet and exercise, but you can burn an extra 100 to 150 calories with these types of fat burners and similar supplements.
Lean PM fat burner doesn’t just help reduce a little bit of body fat, but it also promotes better and more rested sleep at night as it doesn't contain any caffeine and other stimulants.
- Speeds up metabolism to burn more fat
- Green tea extract detoxifies the body
- Improves sleep
- A bit more effective hunger suppression would be good
8 - NutraLeaf
My dietitian friend Sam introduced me to NutraLeaf fat burner, and of all the fat burners I’ve tested, it’s the one that I got most curious about.
Countless online reviews highlight that it doesn’t just work for fat loss and weight loss, but it also can help prevent new flabby stuff from forming. Who doesn't want that?
The raspberry ketones help to break down body fat into fatty acids by giving your metabolism just enough of a nudge to be more effective.
- Made with 100% natural plant-based products
- Prevents the creation of new fat cells
- Breaks down stored body fat
- Appetite suppressant
- Not entirely based on organic ingredients
Personally, I like taking it on days when I go for longer fasting periods as I do think that the cayenne helps reduce hunger and food cravings.
The only downside I found is that it’s not an organic or all-natural fat burner, but it's still a great option for all vegans who are aiming for fat loss.
9 - Vintage Burn
Old School Labs (OSL) reassures you that Vintage Burn is one of their best vegan fat burners sold in the market.
Vintage Burn fat burner is manufactured in an FDA-certified facility using only premium ingredients that include raspberry ketones, Garcinia Cambogia, and green tea extract.
Old School Labs claims that these natural ingredients allow you to effectively burn three times as many calories as fat per pound. Quicker fat burning means better weight and fat loss.
Also, one thing to take note of is what sets it apart from the other fat burners. Old School Labs takes pride in uniquely formulating its thermogenic fat burning supplement, making it the only muscle-preserving fat burner.
- Carefully selected ingredients that help burn fats
- Supports the preservation of muscle
- Enhances focus and mood naturally
- Several users report stomach discomfort after taking it
While Vintage Burn fat burner claims to be one of the best fat burners, you should still check the label before adding it to the cart. Its caffeine content is believed to be relatively higher compared to its competition.
Even so, it is guaranteed 100% vegan-friendly, gluten-free, and works for both genders. With its special thermogenic quality that burns fat faster than most, Vintage Burn fat burner is one to look out for.
Buyer’s Guide on Vegan Fat Burners - 4 Factors to Consider before Buying Vegan Fat Burner
Factors you should consider before buying a vegan fat burner are ingredients, form, type, and cost.
I believe you would not walk into a shop and buy any random vegan fat burner before checking what it has to offer. It is recommended to research vegan weight loss products before purchase. With rushed decisions, there are a few ways things might go wrong.
To begin with, the products could have been classified as "Vegan" as a marketing trick. Second, it's possible that some of the substances are contaminated or questionable, requiring further research. Finally, the vegan fat burner may be deficient in critical thermogenics in sufficient concentrations to produce any results.
Give some thought to what type of vegan fat burner might be best for your routine. Do you think capsules will make it easier for you to consume, or would you rather have a vegan fat burner tea?
The vegan fat burner supplements are also available in form of powder, which can be mixed into a shake and consumed. What matters most is your comfort at the end of the day. As a result, choose the form of your vegan fat burner mindfully.
The type of vegan fat burners can be:
- Appetite Suppressants: These vegan fat burners suppress your hunger by making you feel full and full for extended periods of time. When you eat less, you create a calorie deficit, which makes fat burning easier and more sustainable.
- Thermogenic fat burners: It boosts your body's heat production by improving metabolic processes. Some kinds are not containing stimulants.
- Fat Blockers: They work by preventing fat absorption in the body, which helps to promote the creation of adipose tissue and flushing out excess fat through bowel movements.
The cost of the vegan fat burner you buy is determined by a variety of things. The cost of vegan fat burner supplements is determined by the type, formula, serving size, quantity of sales in a single order, and the manufacturer's credibility or "brand value."
How do Vegan Fat Burners work?
Vegan fat burners usually work in one of three ways: by increasing thermogenesis or fat oxidation or regulating appetite and cravings.
- Increase thermogenesis: Vegan fat burners elevate your body's core temperature and boost your metabolism, allowing you to burn more calories.
- Regulate appetite and cravings: Vegan fat burners operate as an appetite suppressant by managing insulin and glucose levels, keeping you in a caloric deficit and curbing cravings.
- Increase fat oxidation: Some vegan fat burners contain substances that help mobilize fat storage and increase fat burning while maintaining lean body mass.=
Many low-quality fat burners, including plant-based, natural vegan fat burners, are mainly concerned with producing short-term weight loss by flooding you with stimulants. They don't promote the kind of long-term fat loss. That is why you need to pay attention to the quality and ingredients of a supplement.
The most effective fat burners, on the other hand, will usually act in numerous ways at once, decreasing hunger, improving energy, and enhancing fat oxidation - all without creating adverse effects.
How to use Vegan Fat Burners?
Take 1 or 2 capsules of your vegan far burner with breakfast and 1 capsule with lunch, depending on the brand. It’s always best to check the manufacturer’s recommendation on the label.
Vegan Fat Burners Benefits
In combination with a healthy diet and exercise routine, the benefits of vegan fat burners can lead to:
- Increased metabolism
- Weight loss
- Improved focus
- Increased energy levels
Do Vegan Fat Burners Have Side Effects?
Yes, vegan fat burners can have side effects, but they are most common when these weight loss supplements are taken in excess.
Here are a few things to look out for, as they can also indicate that your body won’t react as well, and you won’t lose weight as fast as you think.
This is most commonly due to too much caffeine, where you will feel like you cannot sit still or focus your full attention on a specific task. (2) Make sure you’re careful with any product that contains anhydrous caffeine or green tea extract. They are common in supplements that focus on fat burning.
If you take a fat burner which has extracts from green tea or coffee bean, then it’s best to try and limit your coffee intake. Doubling up on your caffeine will result in less of a weight loss response, and you can end up struggling with sleep as one of its side effects.
Excessive intake or allergy to some of the extracts may cause nausea. Just make sure you use a process of elimination, as one of my clients once complained about nausea, which was actually due to a different protein supplement. If you're stacking on supplements, it might be difficult to pin point which specific one produces these kinds of side effects.
This is also mainly due to excessive consumption of some of the extracts, including caffeine. It’s unpleasant but it will quickly stop and reverse if you reduce the dose or take a break for a few days.
Natural Fat Burning Ingredients
Nutritionists have long recommended certain foods to help with fat loss and fat burning, and this isn’t just down to limiting your calories. All of the above products take advantage of some proven and natural health benefits from at least some of the sources below.
1. Caffeine: It’s All About Stimulants - This is one of the most effective thermogenic ingredients. But before you decide to stand in line at Starbucks several times a day, just note that after a certain daily amount, you’ll actually become used to it, and the weight loss effect and its function in fat loss won’t be as efficient.
From a metabolic standpoint, combining caffeine with exercise is like putting premium fuel in a European sports car. It simply runs better than it does with regular unleaded in the tank.
Brian Stanton, Certified Health Coach
2. Green Tea Extract: More Than An Antioxidant - I personally don’t like the taste of green tea so much, but I’ve been taking the extract in various supplements on a regular basis to help my body burn fat. Beyond helping to detoxify, green tea can work well with caffeine to help with fat burning that can result to a more effective weight loss. (3)
3. Soluble Fiber: To Fill You Up - When you want to lose some extra pounds and avoid weight gain, then it’s all down to limiting your food intake. Small meals and snacks are better, as well as some fasting. What soluble fiber does is fill you up more with stuff that doesn’t increase your calories.
4. Yohimbine: The African Secret - It’s believed to have originated as an aphrodisiac, so be careful about what this might do to your love life. 😉 But beyond some additional bedroom activity, it’s also been shown to help directly with weight loss through effective fat burning. (4)
5. Raspberry Ketones: Get Some Brain Energy - Staying focused on work and exercise tasks is vital to helping you maintain motivation. Raspberry ketones are a good way to increase brain energy to reduce distractions.
6. Coleus Forskohlii: An Ancient Medicine - While there isn’t any scientific consensus on its direct impact on fat, it is believed to improve testosterone levels, which may help you perform more intense workouts, and may aid in muscle recovery as well.
7. Capsaicinoids: Chilli Without The Burn - Don’t worry; you won’t have to burn your mouth to burn some belly fat. This difficult to pronounce substance can be taken as an extract, and studies have shown that it will help to reduce body fat.
8. Synephrine: A Difficult One To Find - This one is difficult to source, and in many cases, it’s also going to cost you quite a lot. However, my dietician said I should mention it because there are a few weight loss and fat burning supplements out there that contain this natural fat burning ingredient that may help you in fat burning and losing weight.
Concentrated Fat Burning Ingredients
The following fat burning ingredients are quite difficult to get enough of in the food you eat. Some of them are available in protein powders because they help with muscle recovery, but I personally like seeing them on the labels of fat burners as well.
1. Conjugated Linoleic Acid (CLA)
This is a modified version of Omega-6 and not something your body can produce, so you have to get it through your diet. It has been shown to work quite well for getting rid of stubborn fat stores resulting to quicker fat loss.
This is one of the 20 standard amino acids and is believed to help with fat burning and fat oxidation, as well as appetite suppression. More and more companies are choosing to add this, and you’ll pretty much always find them in cutting stacks. (5)
This wonder of nature has recently been proven to be directly linked to transporting fatty acids that were metabolized from fat to your muscle fibers. As a result, you reduce the risk of a bottleneck when trying to melt away some love handles.
Many people look to L-carnitine as a way to help shed unwanted pounds and lose weight fast. When combined with diet and exercise, some studies have found that supplementing with it can, in fact, be an effective way to enhance weight loss.
- Rachael Link, Registered Dietician
Common Non-Vegan Ingredients In Fat Burners To Look Out For
Not all plant-based products will actually say they are vegan on the label. So, what you’ll need to do is look at the ingredients list and see if you can find any of the following. If you do, then avoid them at all costs:
- Glutamic Acid
- Linoleic Acid
There are a lot of other things that are generally common in fat burning and weight loss supplements, but these are the ones I found on some thermogenic fat burners.
1. What is the best vegan fat burner and appetite suppressant?
The best vegan fat burner and appetite suppressant is L-tyrosine and Garcinia Cambogia. Combined, they work quite well to curb food cravings and melt away that flabby stuff to get beach ready.
2. When should you take vegan fat burners?
You should take vegan fat burners just before you eat a meal or snack to speed up absorption and limit any chance of nausea. However, when and how to use fat burners also depend on the dosage and ingredients of the specific vegan fat burner.
3. Are vegan fat burners safe?
Yes, vegan fat burners are safe as long as you stick with the recommended dose and avoid any products you could be allergic to. Always check the label, and if you’re uncertain, try starting with a lower dose.
4. Should vegans take fat burners?
Yes, vegans should take fat burners if they have some big weight loss goals. Even a small increase in the speed of melting stored fat will add up over a few weeks and months.
Can you use a vegan fat burner with other supplements?
Yes, you can use a vegan fat burner with other supplements. However, there's always a risk that certain ingredients in a supplement may not work well in conjunction with other ingredients.
It's best to always check the instructions on the labels in case there are warnings and certain contraindications.
Also, it's not a good idea to take two different non-vegan or vegan fat burners as it may cause overdose on some ingredients. Caffeine, for example, is a common thermogenic and stimulant added to a fat burning supplement which can cause serious side effects when consumed in excess.
How do you use fat burners?
Fat burners are used as a short-term tool to manage your weight. Therefore, it must be supplemented with a healthy diet and exercise routine for you to get the best results. These fat burners simply enhance your weight loss through certain fat burning ingredients.
Constant supplementation of fat burning supplements or any other type of supplement may cause your body to adapt to certain ingredients which can lower the efficacy of their fat burning effects.
Therefore, it's a good idea to take cycles of around 4 weeks on and 2 weeks off to prevent serious side effects. Check the labels for instructions as it can vary from one product to another.
What Is The Best Vegan Fat Burner?
Of all the best vegan fat burners that I have researched and tried out, I keep going back to PhenQ.
The science behind the product, the company's reputation, and the encouragement to try a more bold and effective approach to diet such as intermittent fasting would all be enough on its own. But the fact that their product is vegan with fat burning ingredients is the icing on the cake.
It’s also considered as the best vegan fat burner supplement with tons of positive reviews online in Facebook groups and forums where you will always find more reliable opinions than on just the company website. You can read our extensive PheQ review and see our and other people's experiences.
Have you tried any of these vegan fat burners? How was your experience with their fat loss claims?
Other users have also found it effective for fat loss. The images here speak for themselves:
Was this article helpful?
About The Author
You May Also Like