You often hear people say that vegans could end up lacking certain nutrients. But a carefully planned plant-based diet might solve that.
If you want to boost your testosterone levels, then it might become difficult to achieve that just through food, whatever range of vitamins, minerals and amino acid it contains.
The good news? Increasing your T levels is easier with the right testosterone-boosting supplements.
But, as always, there are a lot of crappy products out there.
Our team has spent the last six months testing over 30 products, browsing through various information, opinions and content, and we’ve come up with a list of best vegan testosterone boosters.
Our Top Vegan Testosterone Boosters (February 2023)
1 - Testogen (Editor's Choice)
I wouldn’t recommend this for athletic performance, but if you have low testosterone levels and only need to slightly boost your free testosterone, then Testogen may improve things enough.
Someone reported fat burning and muscle growth results, but it’s not something we noticed during testing.
- Main ingredient : D-aspartic acid (2,352 mg)
- May contain a good dose of zinc to support hormone levels
- Positive reviews about better focus, thanks to the vitamin, mineral and amino acid range;
- May have some body fat burning ability
- No cons
A recurring comment from performance athletes was that the health effects were minimal, with other natural testosterone-boosting supplements being more effective and bringing better results.
2 - Aphro-D
The product promises to increase muscle mass, strength, sexual performance, energy, and mental focus.
Upon checking customer reviews online, we saw thousands of men share stories of how Aphro-D changed their lives.
- Main ingredient : Tongkat Ali (amount not disclosed)
- Helps with lean muscle mass growth
- Boosts stamina and endurance for better workouts
- Improves sex drive and performance
- Increases energy levels
- Hides behind a proprietary blend
As for my own experience, I've seen improvements in my physical and mental performance after two months of use, so I won't think twice about recommending this to my clients.
3 - TestoPrime
TestoPrime contains several vitamins, nutrients, and herbal ingredients that work together to support healthy testosterone production.
This all-natural product claims to increase energy levels, improve sleep, help with muscle gains, and enhance post-workout recovery and focus, all without the risk of side effects.
While using TestoPrime, I wake up feeling more energized and refreshed, probably due to its sleep-enhancing effects. I also felt more powerful at the gym, which allowed me to lift heavier weights with more reps.
- Main ingredient : Panax ginseng (8,000 mg)
- Enhances sleep
- Boosts energy levels
- Improves recovery and focus
- Taking four capsules a day might be a lot to remember
Based on our research, many customers seem to be happy with what this supplement has done for them.
4 - Prime Male
Prime Male was designed to help replace testosterone that you naturally lose with age. It’s a well-rounded product suitable for all age groups, with a strong ingredient profile.
It promises to give you support so you can maintain youthful levels of health and vitality, by providing you with more energy, strength and drive. Tangible benefits could include reduction of body fat, increased mood and lean muscle.
The clear, scientific approach to this supplement's construction marks it ahead of many similar brands. As a vitality complex, we rate it very highly.
- Main ingredient : D-aspartic acid (1,600 mg)
- May increase energy, strength and libido
- No non-essential ingredients
- May help reduce fat mass and build muscle
- 4 capsules a day so you’ll need to get into the habit of taking it regularly
- Premium priced
Overall a fantastic, well-crafted product with a great combination of ingredients, at optimal levels. Perfect for anyone concerned with declining testosterone levels as a result of age.
5 - Centrapeak
This seems to be supported by men who have measured higher hormone levels and experienced not only an increase in testosterone levels but energy levels as well. There were no side effects reported.
- Main ingredient : Boron (10 mg)
- Claims to reduce Sex Hormone Binding Globulin (SHBG) for increase in testosterone levels
- May help block estrogen release
- The formula claims to promote natural testosterone production in your body
- Available in good bulk discount offers
- You’ll need to remember taking three pills per day
The only downside is that the dose is split over three pills, so make sure to get your reminder set up.
6 - Military Muscle
Formulated to optimize a soldier’s physical training, Military Muscle has gained nothing but well-deserved attention from athletes and gym enthusiasts as well.
What’s an athlete not to like when it has all the expected booster nutrients that get athletes, fitter, much quicker and grow muscle mass faster.
This fairly new entry supplement also makes recovery in less time possible.
- Main ingredient : D-asparatic acid (2,300 mg)
- Claims to help with muscle growth
- May improve mood and increase libido
- Promotes faster recovery
- It’s not the cheapest option
Despite the price tag, Military Muscle deserves a place in this list. Its nearly-complete ingredient profile is solid and well-balanced.
7 - T-hero by Essential Elements
We were surprised by the small number of ingredients, but our dietitian confirmed that they seem to be chosen well.
It seems like quite a few people were able to increase their testosterone levels, and our clients have used it successfully for muscle mass growth.
Another nice thing that make the customers content are the discounts on bulk orders.
- Main ingredient : Ashwagandha Extract (600 mg)
- Doesn’t use any fillers or common allergens
- Claims to only use a small number of scientifically proven natural ingredients
- The bulk orders are good value for money
- Some people have mentioned that the capsules are a bit large
Now, because you only take two capsules, they seem to be a bit bigger and tougher to swallow.
8 - Primasurge by Jacked Factory
Primasurge seems to work well and give the best results in a stack with the company’s pre-workout supplements. The chosen ingredients seem to increase free testosterone levels, as we confirmed with some blood tests on clients.
Professional athletes seem to like it as there are some recommended stacks for healthy strength and endurance boosts.
And our clients have said that they feel their body doesn’t get testosterone levels spikes like with other testosterone booster supplements.
- Main ingredient : Ashwagandha Extract (250 mg)
- Seems to have a good selection of proven natural ingredients;
- Many professional bodybuilders favor this diet supplement among other natural testosterone boosters;
- Positive reports about it being easily digested
- The ingredients list is missing zinc
We couldn’t quite figure out why the company didn’t include zinc since maintaining the optimal zinc levels is essential in order to boost testosterone levels.
9 - Tribulus by Arazo Nutrition
Of all the products tested, this one is a good choice if you don’t like swallowing lots of pills throughout the day. The full dose comes with two pills that you could take at the same time.
The company also has another product that you may want to stack, based on the information we’ve seen.
It might be an effective solution but would cost a bit more, compared with the other testosterone booster supplements.
- Main ingredient : Tribulus terrestris extract (1,500 mg)
- Only requires two capsules per day
- Seems to work well when stacked with Testo Boost
- Many reviews about better physical performance and results
- Limited to one active component
It’s a simple product, but it might be just a bit too simple with only one component.
10 - Pure Long Jack by Micro Ingredients
I know a few of our readers don’t like taking capsules and prefer just having a powder to mix into a shake.
Pure Long Jack does just that, and there is no flavor to it, so it’ll mix well with your smoothie.
The feedback we got seemed to be supporting that it could boost testosterone levels in the body, with some reporting additional benefits in the bedroom activities.
- Main ingredient : Long Jack Root (350 mg)
- The powdered supplement seems to be easy to digest
- Might be suitable for mixing into a smoothie
- Some men reported positive impacts on libido
- Limited ingredients which may not result in significant boosts and results;
Based on the information our dietitian pointed out, the ingredients may not be the most effective ones.
11 - TestoJack by NOW Supplements
You’d expect it to be a potent supplement for increasing free testosterone levels based on a name like that.
We did see reports about increased sexual activity, but a lot of performance athletes were disappointed with the muscle growth and fat loss results.
- Main ingredient : Horny goat weed extract (250 mg)
- Several reviews about improvements to sex drive
- May improve your overall physical and mental energy levels
- Doesn’t have an overly complicated formula
- Some people were not content with the dosage - had to take six capsules a day to notice a difference in the physical performance results
The formula is simple, but it seems like the chosen ingredients aren’t strong enough to make a difference and boost testosterone levels at the normal dose.
12 - Testosterone Booster by Dr. Martin's Nutrition
This is one of the testosterone levels-boosting supplements that claims to increase testosterone levels as well as burn off some excess body fat and increase muscle mass .
Some men will like that in a product, but we generally prefer to use separate products that contain a better fat burning and muscle growth formula.
- Main component : Horny goat weed extract (amount not provided)
- Comes with a 100% money-back guarantee
- Claims to help burn off some excess fat and increase muscle mass
- The formula has limited ingredients
- Some men didn’t get the best results with the standard dose
It’s another product where user experience seems to suggest it’s just not strong enough to achieve healthy testosterone levels at the normal daily dose.
13 - More Man by Sapien Labs
One of the products with a stronger dose of zinc is this More Man one. This mineral could be something you’re deficient in, which may negatively affect your testosterone levels .
We also read a lot of articles where men found they had better performance results - better workout sets within a couple of weeks of taking it.
- Main ingredient : Horny goat weed extract (200 mg)
- Many opinions about increased endurance
- Contains a good dose of zinc which is needed for the increased testosterone levels
- The label is transparent with exact details of each component;
- While it does contain some zinc, there are a few other ingredients that don’t have scientific support.
1 - Avoid Stimulants
You’ll notice that all the above supplements focus on a vitamin (vitamin D, especially D3, B vitamins - vitamin B6), mineral, and herb formula. But caffeine or other stimulants is the one thing they all lack.
And that was a conscious decision.
Some products hide that they don’t work all that well by giving you a high dose of caffeine that makes you feel alert for completely different reasons.
Our advice is to avoid such lower quality products.
2 - Get The Right Dosage
You have to experiment a bit with the dosage no matter what product you choose.
Start with the recommended dose and then increase to the maximum if you’re planning for an intense muscle growth phase.
You don’t need a maximum T count all the time, which leads us to the next item.
3 - Plan For Off-Cycles
Your body’s testosterone production will fluctuate in many ways.
But it’s even more important to consider that your body may get used to the active ingredients, which means it won’t give you high hormone levels anymore.
We generally advise taking a break for 7 to 10 days every six weeks for the best results.
This shouldn’t cause negative heart health, or overall health or training issues, and you could always eat more natural plant-based foods like leafy greens and chia seeds to bridge the gap.
“For example, take test boosters for too long, and your body may become so dependent on them that it slows down its natural production of testosterone hormone.”
- Krissy Kendall, Sports Nutritionist
Should Vegans Take Testosterone Boosters?
Yes, vegans should take testosterone boosters if they haven’t been able to fine-tune their plant-based diet yet. Switching from animal to plant-based products initially lowers testosterone production which may further affect red blood cell production for both men and women due to the lack of certain nutrients like vitamin D.
Try eating more vitamin D, iron, and omega-3 fatty acids from natural ingredients like chia seeds and pumpkin seeds.
Is a Vegan Diet Bad for Testosterone?
No, a vegan diet isn’t bad for testosterone. However, you need to start eating more vitamin D and zinc-rich foods like ginger, leafy greens, chia seeds, pumpkin seeds, and extra virgin olive oil, which goes for both men and women.
In our experience, these natural ingredients, such as, chia seeds, would be good enough for normal and healthy testosterone levels, but athletes may still need a supplement for the optimal results.
What Foods Lower Testosterone?
Foods that lower testosterone levels include soy and soy-based products, dairy products, vegetable oils, certain seeds and nuts, processed foods, baked goods, tea, and alcohol. More extensive studies are yet to establish which specific substances in these foods lower testosterone levels.
Who Should Take Testosterone Boosters?
Older men who have naturally low testosterone levels and those who have abnormally low testosterone levels should take testosterone boosters. Younger men may also consider taking T-boosters to improve training, sexual performance, and overall physical health.
It's always recommended to consult a professional first when taking a testosterone booster or any dietary supplement.
Our #1 Recommended Vegan Testosterone Booster
Testogen is the testosterone booster we'd recommend to our clients.
It uses natural ingredients that have been proven to deliver results, including increased energy levels, muscle mass growth, and mental focus.
This supplement has no problematic components and is guaranteed safe to use. It is also backed up by a massive community of men who rave about its effectiveness, so we're inclined to trust this product.
About The Author
You May Also Like
Does It Effectively Boost Testosterone Levels?
Our Honest Thoughts