If you’re looking for the raw energy and focused power of a gorilla in your workout, then this might be one of the best pre workout supplements for you.
In this Gorilla Mode review, our fitness experts will look into the claimed benefits of this pre-workout and the other supplement facts to determine whether it is Gorilla Mode.
Read on if you want to find out more about this new, highly hyped supplement on the pump and physical performance category.
- Supplies the maximum dosage of pre-workout ingredients that have been proven to be effective
- Offers 11 flavor options
- Contains a high dose of caffeine
- Mixes easily
- Available on the company website and Amazon
- Creatine Monohydrate
- Betaine Anhydrous
- Agmatine Sulfate
- Caffeine Anhydrous
- N-Phenethynl Dimethylamine Citrate
How It Works
- Improves strength and endurance
- Increases energy levels
- Boosts focus and mental sharpness
- Improves pumps during workouts
What Is Gorilla Mode Pre-Workout Supplement?
Gorilla Mode is a pre-workout supplement that provides the maximum dosage of all the effective pre-workout ingredients. It may increase muscle strength and endurance, aid intramuscular hydration, and increase nitric oxide (NO) levels.
Gorilla Mode pre-workout is manufactured by the same company that made the Gorilla Mind Rush nootropic supplement.
You will experience its effects minutes after taking it.
Packed with L-citrulline, creatine monohydrate, agmatine, and betaine, this pre-workout supplies your muscles with blood flow to maximize pump and gym performance. It allows you to train more consistently and more often, ensuring your long-term goals will become a reality.
For a pre-workout with more insane pump, check out their other product: Gorilla Mode Nitric
Pre-workout related articles:
As mentioned, Gorilla Mode pre-workout supplement contains more of the pre-workout ingredients that matter, but what do these ingredients do?
Let’s look at each of them in a little more detail in this review and how much you get in a total daily dose of two scoops.
L-Citrulline (9000 mg)
This ingredient has a two-fold effect and is found in almost every good pre-workout supplement on the market.
L-citrulline is the most effective supplement for boosting nitric oxide (NO) levels in the blood, and nitric oxide has an active role in cardiovascular health .
The second benefit is significantly increased muscle endurance and a reduction in soreness, meaning you can go harder, longer, and with more regularity .
I’m quite impressed with how generous the Gorilla Mode creators were with the amount of L-citrulline, which is more than any other good pre workout products in the market. I had an insane performance at the gym with improved pumps and increased muscle strength and muscular endurance.
Creatine Monohydrate (5000 mg)
Creatine is the go-to ingredient to enhance physical performance. Studies have shown that it can impact muscle strength and muscle size, and so if you’re looking for a serious pump, you shouldn’t be using a pre-workout with it .
The ingredient's effect is owed to its ability to increase phosphocreatine stores in the body, which is used during intense workout routine to produce ATP .
A daily dose of 3 to 5 g of creatine is effective in maintaining creatine stores. Within just a month, I did notice a massive increase in strength as I was able to add more weights to my deadlifts and bench press.
You can read our other article if you're after a pre-workout without creatine.
GlycerPump (3000 mg)
When added to water, glycerol powder can help you hyper-hydrate your muscles by preventing the natural drop in osmolarity, which causes your kidneys to drain the excess water .
Hydration is one of the most important factors in muscular endurance, with just a 2% loss in hydration, causing a 20% drop in performance, coupled with glycerol’s studied improvement to aerobic and anaerobic exercise as a whole .
Betaine Anhydrous (2500 mg)
Betaine is another ingredient whose primary reason for inclusion in your scoop per day is to help improve hydration in the best pre-workout for men.
A few studies show it may reduce your risk of cardiovascular disease and help to improve digestion  .
L-Tyrosine (1500 mg)
This one is for your mind more than your body, but the effects will help you increase your intense focus levels, energy, and mood.
The manufacturers claim it is the most bioavailable form of tyrosine, and it is an amino acid that enhances cognitive function by balancing the neurotransmitters in your brain  .
The amino acid certainly enhanced the mental clarity effects of caffeine in this pre-workout, and I experienced more focus and increased concentration even under stressful situations.
Tailored For Men and Women
Agmatine Sulfate (1000 mg)
This is another ingredient focused on improving the NO levels in your blood flow.
Studies have shown agmatine to be much more effective than arginine, used in many other pre workout supplement options . It is also said to manipulate the body’s pain receptors, allowing you to power through a more intense workout .
Kanna (500 mg)
A mood enhancer and cognitive aid, Kanna, is included to increase the amount of serotonin available to the brain.
This results in an ingredient that can lower stress levels, improve focus, and elevate your overall mood . Working out should make you feel good, and serotonin release is a big part.
After a few weeks of using the pre-workout, I had a noticeable mood lift throughout the day, which helped me focus better during and after workouts. It also helped me gain a better outlook in life, further motivating me to better myself both physically and mentally.
Caffeine Anhydrous (350 mg)
Unless you are caffeine-sensitive, there should be no question as to why it’s included in your pre-workout. Its effects include improving both brain and body function and increasing the number of calories you can burn, which are well documented at this point  .
There is simply no other ingredient in other pre-workout supplements that can do a better or more thorough job getting you amped up and performing at your best.
A dose of 350 mg worked well to lift my energy levels and mood during exercise sessions without noticeable side effects, even when combined with a morning cup of coffee.
Related: Pre-workout vs. Coffee - What Gives You More Energy for a Workout
N-Phenethynl Dimethylamine Citrate (350 mg)
Gorilla Mode, owing to the company’s past efforts in the nootropic field, focuses just as much on giving your mind what it needs per day as it does to the body.
This is another ingredient that looks to enhance your mood, improve energy levels, and generally give you a better overall mental state of being .
Bioperine (10 mg)
Bioperine is a trademarked black pepper extract standardized to 95% piperine. But what does that mean? Black pepper extract works as an inhibitor to the enzymes that break down caffeine and noradrenaline in the body .
Effectively, it means that other ingredients in the pre-workout hit harder by increasing their absorption. And it may have helped to intensify the effects of each ingredient.
Huperzine-A (400 mcg)
As mentioned before in this Gorilla Mode review, the product helps you work on your brain muscle growth as much as your body muscles. Huperzine is one of the essential ingredients for brain health  .
It will help deliver your body the energy and focus on performing well at the gym and improving memory and cognitive function in the long run.
Gorilla Mode Pre-Workout works because it contains a high dose of products proven to work. Most pre-workouts are pixie dust containing some taurine, vitamin B12, and caffeine.
- Mike Cernovich, Gorilla Mind Creator, Filmmaker & Journalist
Gorilla Mode Pre-Workout Benefits
With a long list of active ingredients, Gorilla Mode Energy is a pre-workout that claims to increase nitric oxide (NO) levels, amino acid, and intramuscular hydration to:
- Boost strength and endurance
- Increase energy levels and blood flow
- Enhance focus and mental sharpness
After two weeks of using Gorilla Mode pre-workouts (I prefer the Tiger's Blood flavor, by the way), I can confidently say that it does what it claims to do.
Within just 30 minutes of taking Gorilla Mode pre-workouts, it gave me an insane energy boost during workouts that made it possible to train harder and more intensely.
Many users report higher energy, intense focus, and improved pumps during workouts which lasts for a few hours after a session after using Gorilla Mode.
It was also easier for me to increase my reps to more than 50% of my usual routine, which is a giant leap even for me. And I was impressed at how my recovery time felt slightly shorter per set.
Overall, I’m satisfied with how Gorilla Mode pre-workouts helped me increase my energy levels, endurance, strength, and sharpness of the mind, which are the things I'm looking for in a pre-workout.
- It contains NO and amino acid for insane pumps
- Many positive comments about good endurance and energy boosts
- A high dose of caffeine may help with mental focus and fat burning
- Tastes good
- Not suitable for people with caffeine sensitivity
Tailored For Men and Women
Best Gorilla Mode Pre-workout Flavors
Gorilla Mode tastes very refreshing, and it comes in 11 flavor options, unlike most pre workout supplements. The original flavor is Tiger’s Blood, and it’s one of my favorites.
But let’s take a closer look at all of the Gorilla Mode flavors available right now:
- Tiger’s Blood: This is a mix of strawberry, watermelon, and coconut, and it’s the one I order most often. But I would say that you have to like coconut flavor as it’s quite strong.
- Firefly Lemonade: This is a combination of peach and lemonade, and it’s a great balance between sweet and bitter. You can barely taste the peach, but it provides enough sweetness to avoid it being too tangy.
- Fruit Punch: If you tend to prefer sweet-flavored solid pre-workouts, then this is probably your best option. It has a great combination of different fruits but is definitely a bit sweeter tasting than most of the others.
- Mojo Mojito: This is an interesting one as it’s a less bitter version of lemon-lime with a bit of a hint of mint. It’s refreshing enough and not too sweet.
- Volcano Burst: This combines tropical orange, mango, and pineapple, and it’s a great balance of sweet and sour. I also find that incredibly feels natural, as if you’d mixed some fresh fruit juices.
- Mango Peach: This is one of the most natural flavors that Gorilla Mind has created, and you definitely get a nice taste of these two fruits. Mango Peach is also not too sweet, and it’s a flavor I regularly order.
- Bombsicle: If you’ve ever had a bomb pop, then you’ll immediately recognize this one. You’ll taste cherry, blue raspberry, and lime, and it’s definitely one of the unique flavors the company offers.
- Cherry Blackout: This is quite a natural cherry flavor, which is great. But it’s not quite tangy enough for my liking. What you’ll probably find is that it’s more of a cherry pie flavor and sweetness.
- Mouth-Watering Watermelon: Here’s another very natural flavor that unmistakably tastes like watermelon. It’s not sweet or bitter and is very easy to drink.
- Jungle Juice: This one is a combination of pineapple, coconut, and mango fruit and is also a good combination.
- Lemon Lime: This doesn’t exactly taste like Sprite, and it’s quite bitter. Think of it as a flat sprite with an added squeeze of lemon, and it seems like this isn't the most popular flavor.
No doubt that this should belong among the best tasting pre-workout supplements.
Tailored For Men and Women
Since most pre workout supplements like this one consist of high-dosed nootropics and other stimulants like caffeine and huperzine-A, some people may experience adverse effects from those ingredients.
This can include an increase in blood flow pressure, nausea, and headaches. Make sure to follow the recommended dosage of 2 scoops per day to avoid having these side effects.
But if it's your first time to take a pre-workout, or you're particularly sensitive to stimulants, take a quarter to half a scoop in the beginning and observe how your body reacts.
Lastly, the manufacturer advises users not to blend Gorilla Mode with Gorilla Mode Energy, 2 AM, or Rauwolscine supplements.
Even with a relatively high caffeine content like most pre workout supplements, I have not experienced any jitters, crashes, or tingling after almost 2 weeks of consistent use.
Most users report that they have not experienced problems with their sleep even after taking in the afternoon.
How Much Gorilla Mode Can You Take?
You can take two scoops a day of Gorilla Mode pre workout supplement. New users are advised to take a half or even quarter dose when they first start to feel how much they need. Going over two scoops, though, is discouraged and inadvisable.
Based on my experience, a single scoop falls short of the energy and motivation I need during workouts, especially when I had a poor night’s sleep.
Since I’m used to taking pre workout supplements, I find a daily dosage of two scoops to work perfectly in improving my focus, power, and pumps.
How Well Does It Mix?
The pre-workout supplement mixes pretty well, given the long and potent ingredients list. There is a certain level of trial and error in working out the right amount of water for the viscosity and texture that you like, but any shaker should be able to handle it.
After taking Gorilla Mode pre workout the first time, I had to add a little more water to dissolve the solids settling on the bottom of the shaker.
It’s probably because it’s a bit thicker than the lower-quality pre-workout products available on the market.
Where Can You Buy Gorilla Mode?
You can buy Gorilla Mode pre-workout on the manufacturer's official website. It is also available on Amazon.com for about the same price.
I like buying on the manufacturer’s official website to receive legit products at a discounted price.
Tailored For Men and Women
Gorilla Mode Cost
With 10 available flavors to choose from, Gorilla Mode is priced at $49 per tub. But they also offer a 3-tub package with a discounted price of $137.
However, these are both exclusive of shipping fees and taxes.
Since I usually use one and a half to two scoops for a heavy workout, the price per serving comes at around $2 when I buy Gorilla Mode pre workout package at a discounted rate.
This product is a bit pricey than most pre workout supplements, but I can say that it’s totally reasonable based on the Gorilla Mode taste and results I got.
Shipping and Returns
Gorilla Mode FDA approved pre workout formula can be shipped anywhere globally, but it might take up to 10 business days for customers outside the US.
They offer a 30-day return and refund/exchange policy, subject to approval. However, the pre-workout must not be used and must still be in the original packaging to be considered.
I availed the pre-workout 3-tub package and got it after 3 days from ordering on their website. It would be nice to waive the shipping fee for bulk orders. But overall, I’m quite satisfied with the shipping speed and process.
- Contains a sufficient amount of caffeine for improved muscle endurance and strength
- Combination of caffeine and L-theanine gives longer-lasting energy
- Enhances focus and motivation
- Increases stamina
- Transparent pre-workout formula with no artificial sweeteners
- Only available in a fruit punch flavor
- Pricier compared to most pre-workouts
- Reduces stress levels
- Sustains energy levels
- Boosts overall strength in the muscles and promote muscle growth
- Enhances endurance to postpone fatigue
- Increases motivation for longer workouts
- Quite expensive compared to most pre-workouts
- Some flavors taste too sour, according to reviews
- Aids muscle repair and muscle growth
- Boosts focus and motivation
- Increases power and endurance
- Makes you feel energized and alert
- Decreases muscle fatigue
- Might have clumping issues
- Uses sucralose as a sweetener
Should you cycle off of Gorilla Mode?
You should cycle off of Gorilla Mode pre workout for 5-7 days in any given month in order to see the best effect for prolonged periods. The manufacturers recommend replacing the pre-workout with one of their nootropic stacks during this period.
Can you combine Gorilla Mode Pre-Workout with the nootropic stacks offered by Gorilla Mind?
You can combine Gorilla Mode pre workout with the nootropic stacks, but it's not recommended since it contains a blend of cognitive enhancers.
The manufacturers state that you shouldn't combine a full dose per day with a full dose of Gorilla Mind Rush.
You could take it with Gorilla Mind Smooth, which can help reduce stimulant jitters for those sensitive to caffeine.
Is Gorilla Mode vegan and vegetarian-friendly?
There is no confirmation of Gorilla Mode pre workout being vegan and vegetarian-friendly, but the capsules are made from gelatin.
Why doesn’t Gorilla Mode have some of the ingredients commonly found in other pre-workouts?
Gorilla Mode pre workout formula doesn’t have some of the ingredients commonly found in pre-workouts due to Mike Cernovich’s research and his formulations. Also because of the benefits and side effects of these ingredients.
Is Gorilla Mode Supplement Worth It?
I think Gorilla Mode pre workout is worth it. Like Cernovich’s somewhat dated idea on masculinity, Gorilla Mode subscribes to the bigger-is-better mentality.
It packs a serious punch compared to most pre-workouts on the market with a much higher daily dose of the ingredients it thinks work.
As stated in this Gorilla Mode review, its efficacy is apparent, and most pre-workout users report feeling a sharp rise in focus and power from the supplement. With such a full daily dose, you get a lot of bang for your buck.
There is also the fact the company also produces and has extensive experience in the cognitive enhancement department with Gorilla Mind, which means the pre-workout also has a much stronger nootropic effect than most.
If you’re curious, you can gauge the sports nutrition effects for yourself.
Our #1 Recommendation
- Contains nitric oxide for insane pumps
- Many positive comments about good endurance and energy boost
- High dose of caffeine may help with mental focus and fat burning
- Tastes good
- Get 10% off using code: TOTALSHAPE
- Does not list calorie count
About The Author
You May Also Like
Reviews & Buyer’s Guide
Excellent review! Gorilla Mode’s pre-workout, Gorilla Stim, and fat burners have not failed me in the least.
Thanks for this! Learned a lot of info on prework outs.
Does Gorilla have a fat burner?
Gorilla Mode watermelon is the best!