As someone who’s been taking pre workout supplements for years now, I can say that I know them pretty well.
And while they definitely help increase my energy, I've observed that I tend to develop a tolerance towards them over time.
This forced me to increase my dosage, which I try to avoid as much as possible.
So, I decided to test the Vintage Blast Pre Workout by Old School Labs, the world’s first two-stage natural pre workout energy drink that claims to steadily enhance exercise performance.
Let’s get on with the review.
What is Vintage Blast Pre Workout?
The Vintage Blast Pre Workout is dubbed as the world’s first two stage natural pre workout supplement for men and women.
Its premium ingredients are specifically formulated to digest more slowly than others, so your body can receive a continuous delivery of energy that will help you power through your entire workout.
This product is noted for improving your overall exercise capacity, mental focus and drive, reducing soreness and lactic acid buildup, all while working against dependency.
“A hard body required hard work. Enjoy the challenge and respect the time it takes to see the change.” - Michael Wittig, Personal Trainer
Its manufacturer, Old School Labs, claims that this supplement can improve recovery by providing key electrolytes and micronutrients that aid with hydration, pH levels, and decreased oxidation.
Launched in 2013, Old School Labs is relatively new in the nutritional supplements realm, but it’s already one of Amazon's fastest-growing brands.
The company sponsors various personalities in the sports industry, including boxers and NFL athletes.
What are the Ingredients?
The Vintage Blast’s ingredients are divided into two stages.
Stage 1 Group: Start Strong
- L-Citrulline Malate (5000 mg): This ingredient is a naturally-occurring amino acid that can help open up your veins and arteries. This, in turn, helps improve your blood flow and blood pressure, leading to enhanced athletic performance .
- Beta Alanine (1,000 mg): Beta Alanine has antioxidant, immune-enhancing, and anti-aging properties that can improve your exercise capacity and decrease muscle fatigue.
- L-Arginine AKG (1,000 mg): This element turns into nitric oxide and helps your body build protein. It also aids in building muscle, improving heart health, and healing wounds faster.
- L-Carnitine Tartrate (250 mg): This ingredient has a rapid absorption rate, which is why it’s added to most sports supplements. Plus, it helps alleviate muscle soreness and aid your recovery during exercise.
- Caffeine Anhydrous (150 mg): This powerful substance is often the go-to supplement for many athletes because of its positive effects on exercise performance. It significantly increases endurance, focus, and fat burning.
Stage 2 Group: Finish Strong
- D-Aspartic Acid (2,000 mg): This amino acid plays a role in increasing testosterone production, therefore, improving athletic performance, reducing feelings of tiredness, and increasing the size and strength of your muscles.
- N-Acetyl-L-Tyrosine (250 mg): This ingredient is noted for its higher absorption and efficacy. It’s also said to help boost your physical and mental performance.
- Micro encapsulated Caffeine (100 mg): As the name suggests, this component provides a controlled caffeine release. This will prolong its stimulating effects on your body, helping you stay alert and energized even towards the end of your workout minus the caffeine “crash.”
It’s also important to note that this product is non-GMO, 100% vegetarian, gluten-free, and contains no sugar and artificial ingredients.
- Naturally sweetened with stevia leaf extract
- Improves stamina for a longer and better workout
- Gives clean energy without the jittery and fatigued feeling
- Contains no artificial colors or ingredients
- The flavor may be too sour for some
- Pricier than other pre workout drinks
- May take a bit of time to dissolve completely
How Does Vintage Blast Taste?
The Vintage Blast Pre Workout is only available in a Blueberry Lemonade flavor. Users often compare it to the taste of homemade lemonade.
So if you’re not a fan of sour drinks, you might want to mix a scoop of this pre workout with a good amount of water.
Old School Labs recommends taking Vintage Blast by mixing a scoop with 14-16 oz water 30 minutes before your workout.
To test how well you can handle the product, you can first mix a half scoop with the same amount of water and drink it 15 to 30 minutes before exercising.
Any Side Effects?
Honestly, I haven’t noticed any side effects while taking this two stage pre workout supplement.
However, as I checked other user reviews, I discovered that some people complain about it being too sour.
This downside may cause digestive issues, so if you have sensitive stomachs, this might not be a good option.
Another thing to note is that it contains caffeine. If you’re allergic or prefer something caffeine-free, you better steer clear of this supplement.
We found some mixed reviews about this product online:
“Vintage blast not only improves my workout performance but also enhances my endurance and overall cardiovascular health.”
- D Keller
“There are no crashes or early jitters! I love it. I notice a huge difference right after taking it.”
- J Myles
“It’s natural, it energizes me in the morning, and gives me laser focus when I’m in the gym.”
- Carrie L.
However, these feedback are worth nothing as well:
“It’s a good product, but it’s too sour. I can’t take it in the morning. It makes me acidic.”
“Expensive and does not work. The texture is grainy, and the taste is too strong.”
- Mike Z
Does Vintage Blast have creatine?
No, Vintage Blast doesn’t have creatine.
I believe the manufacturers were right to skip this ingredient.
According to some users, the drink requires a lot of water and mixing to fully dissolve. The addition of creatine would have certainly made its solubility worse.
Is Vintage Blast safe?
Yes, Vintage Blast is safe.
This supplement is 100% vegetarian, gluten-free, non-GMO, and contains no artificial ingredients. It’s also manufactured in an FDA-certified facility in the USA.
Do I Recommend the Vintage Blast Pre Workout?
In my personal experience, I can say this supplement’s two stage formula delivered on its promise of providing a steady and long term boost of endurance through my entire workout.
However, I didn’t notice a lot of difference in my stamina especially during strength training and cardio days.
I also would agree with the weird texture -- it just doesn’t dissolve nicely even with a blender.
If you’re looking for a pre workout supplement made with all-natural ingredients, tastes good, and improves your exercise performance, I recommend using 4 Gauge instead.
I do develop tolerance with it over time, but with proper cycling and dosage, I think it’s one of the best pre workouts in the market today.
HAVE QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS?
Join the discussion here on Facebook.