Alexis Ren is a 22-year-old model from California who hit the modeling world by storm in 2017 when she became Maxim’s cover girl for the August edition.
Her incredibly perfect, slim and well-defined body shape also resulted in her appearing in the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit issue for 2018, which is a notoriously difficult achievement, even for a model like Alexis Ren.
Just looking at her model photoshoot images and posts, you notice that she must be paying a lot of attention to her core and abs in order to have no sign of fat at all.
After listening to a TV interview with her, I decided to dig a little deeper into the Alexis Ren diet and her exercise and workout routine for every single day to see how it can help the average person with weight loss goals.
Let’s dive right in to find out how Alexis Ren achieves her perfect bikini body through what her diet and workout routine.
Alexis Ren Sample Weekly Workout Routine
If you're one of Alexis' followers of her photos, videos, and posts on social media, especially her Instagram feed, then there are a few things you notice pretty quickly about her exercise and workout routine at the gym.
First of all, she works out at least 5 days a week, but in most cases, it’s multiple times a day. It’s not surprising, as that kind of figure doesn’t come without putting in the work.
View this post on Instagram
However, most of the workouts don’t involve weight training at the gym. Instead, Alexis focuses on a brilliant combination of dedicated ab exercises and cardio routines including Pilates, hiking, running, boxing, and yoga.
Her Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube feeds are full of updates on her daily workout routine, sans weight training, and one of the most popular things she has ever posted is her 10-minute ab workout routine.
To help you prepare for it, I’ve listed out the different exercises, and you should definitely watch her on YouTube as well.
The basic idea is to do each exercise in this workout routine for 30 seconds without a break in between.
- Sit-ups: With knees bent, lift your body halfway
- Knee touch crunches: With knees bent and hands on thighs, lift up until your hands touch the knees
- Heel touches: Slightly lift yourself and move from side to side until your hands touch your heels
- Bicycle crunches: Laying down, move your legs in a cycling motion without touching the ground
- Russian twists: With knees bent, raise yourself half way and twist from side to side
- Reach through crunches: Similar to knee touch crunches, but start with your hands above your body
- Legs to ceiling reaching crunches: Legs pointing straight up, lift yourself up until you touch your toes
- Toe tap leg lifts: Similar to bicycle crunches, lift your legs off the ground and alternate each toe touching the ground
- Flutter kicks: Lay flat on the ground and lift straight legs halfway, then alternate a kicking action
- Scissor kicks: Similar to flutter kicks, but cross your straight legs over each other
- Leg lifts: Begin with straight legs just off the ground, lifting them to the top and back again
- Leg up alternating toe crunch: Similar to the leg to ceiling crunches, but alternate right hand to the left foot and left hand to the right foot
- Crunch kicks: Start in a seated position with knees bent, then lift feet off the ground and stretch them out and back in again
- Mountain climbers: From a plank position, alternate each knee pulling it up to your chest
- Plank: Hold an elbow plank with a dead straight body
- Right side plank: Balance on right arm with body straight
- Left side plank: Balance on the left arm with body straight
- Plank (again): Hold an elbow plank with a dead straight body
- Plank twists: In a plank position, twist your torso and bring your hip towards the ground
- Spider climbers: Similar to mountain climbers but with knees moving out and away from yourself
Ten minutes might not sound like much, but I bet you’ll struggle to keep up with it the first few times. Watch this video and be inspired!
If you are looking to get a
Alexis Ren Diet Plan
Alexis is regularly posting new photos and ideas for recipes she has to maintain her amazing figure. She leads a very health-conscious life, and while she isn’t vegan, she does limit a lot of meat and dairy products, from breakfast to dinner.
Her diet includes items like eggs and coffee over tea for breakfast, veggie burgers, eating fruit after lunch, and organic banana ice cream (which is made with almond milk). And absolutely no fast food or red meat!
She also doesn’t stick to a strict 3-meals-a-day diet, but rather spreads her nutrition needs out over 6 or more smaller meals, keeping it limited.
If you exercise a lot and are aiming for some drastic fat loss, then that is a very important tip to follow. It helps with keeping hunger at bay and maintains motivation and nutrition at the same time.
Here are just a few ideas and recipes for meals that she has shared over the years covering everything from breakfast to snacks (which includes items like trail mix and kale chips).
- Coffee, rather than tea, is a must first thing in the morning
- Smoothies with mixed fruits and berries
- Gluten-free pancakes with no sugar and just a few eggs
- Kale and chicken salad: basically plenty of protein, from the chicken, and vegetables to maintain the muscles
- Mixed bowl of fruit after lunch
- Veggie burgers with lettuce bun and organic avocado
- Banana ice cream: essentially banana blended with almond milk, which is surprisingly delicious.
- Mixed fruit salad with papaya, pineapple, mango, strawberries, and watermelon
- Perfect protein bars (purple is her favorite)
- Trail mix without chocolate
- Kale chips (no hummus though)
- Rice crackers with organic almond butter
As you can tell, it’s not just a simple workout to count calories alone, but rather all about eating good, organic, and clean food (devoid of things like bread, sugar, red meat, and alcohol) in limited amounts.
On top of all this, Alexis makes sure she takes in at least 2 liters of water per day. It’s not just about hydration but detoxing as well. The more you can flush out your system by drinking water, the better your overall well-being will be.
But the Alexis Ren diet doesn’t end there, as she relies on a few supplements to make her look and feel great.
Alexis Ren Supplement Stack
Having a balanced and clean diet will give you the majority of the nutrients your body needs. But when you need to get the absolute most out of yourself in order to look your best, then make sure you take some supplements as well.
Here’s what I have heard her talk about in interviews and on social media:
1. Greens Powder
Every morning, the first thing Alexis does when she wakes up is drink a glass of green
Think of green juice as a superfood, where it's nutrient-dense in vitamins and minerals, which 92% of Americans lack in their diet. You can check out our list of the .
This will kick-start the body’s processes of
Get 15% off using Coupon Code: TOTALSHAPE
2. Fat Burner
I have to give Alexis all the credits for being consistent with her 5-day-a-week workout routine schedule. Going to the gym almost every day takes passion and dedication.
Her goal of staying lean is well supported by her balanced diet and an effective fat burner. Using a fat-burning supplement while taking your gym sessions seriously is a sure way to keep your body toned and strong.
It reduces cravings, boosts the metabolism of body fat, and also improves mental focus.
Alexis takes collagen supplement daily, and this side-effect free supplement is vital for nourished skin and hair.
Because of the added strain from exercising, it will also help to maintain and repair connective tissue on joints and muscles (1).
What we like about collagen is that it also boosts metabolism and energy, which is essential in performing workouts. Aim to take this at least once a day for best results.
Her lifestyle requires her to travel a lot, and that can put a strain on the stomach.
With over 1 billion organisms, it keeps your tummy healthy. Take these first thing in the morning, especially on very busy days.
Among health experts propagating regular use of these little gut-dwelling allies is Dr. Peter Attia, a youthful-looking longevity researcher.
Biotin is also vital to strengthening your hair and nails, as well as for rejuvenating your skin.
This supplement is important for cell growth and converting fat into amino acids.
While Alexis Ren is only 22, and she doesn’t have any signs of aging, her busy lifestyle will put some strain on her appearance. Take Biotin once daily, either in the morning or evening.
6. Vegan Protein Powder
Alexis Ren has stated numerous times that maintaining muscle mass can be a challenge when you’re aiming to keep every gram of fat off your body.
One of the most important things to support this is a vegan protein powder, which has the advantage of being highly bioavailable.
It has a lot of benefits to those who want to build lean muscles while working out and eating a healthy diet. Take some after every training session for best results.
7. Digestive Enzymes
Eating different foods than normal can also disrupt your digestive system causing some bloating.
This is not something she can afford to encounter on a photo shoot, so she takes digestive enzymes with every meal.
You can get these over the counter, and they are great when you are making some drastic changes to your food intake.
Final Thoughts on Alexis Ren's Workout Routine
As you can see, Alexis fully understands the importance of diet and workout in combination. You should never aim to make up for a diet of just fast food and red meat with more work at the fitness center, as that will just lead to disappointment.
And even if you stick to the Alexis Ren diet plan and exercise regime, you will need a few supplements to get you to your goals.
Fortunately, there are a lot of great products available that are perfectly healthy and pretty effective.
Let us know how you get on with the ab workout routine above and if you found some clever hacks to improve it.
- Choi FD, Sung CT, Juhasz ML, Mesinkovsk NA., Oral Collagen Supplementation: A Systematic Review of Dermatological Applications, retrieved from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/30681787
- Harvard Health Publishing, Health benefits of taking probiotics, retrieved from https://www.health.harvard.edu/vitamins-and-supplements/health-benefits-of-taking-probiotics
- Michele Cho-Dorado, MD, Will digestive enzymes help IBS?, retrieved from https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/320823.php