Alexis Ren is a 22-year-old model from California who hit the modeling world by storm in 2017 when she became Maxim’s cover girl for the August edition.
Her incredibly perfect, slim, and well-defined body shape also resulted in her appearing in the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit issue for 2018, a notoriously tricky achievement, even for a model like Alexis Ren.
Looking at her model photoshoot images and posts, you notice that she must be paying a lot of attention to her core and abs to have no sign of fat.
After listening to a TV interview with her, I decided to dig a little deeper into the Alexis Ren diet and her exercise and workout routine for every single day to see how it can help the average person with weight loss goals.
Let’s dive right in to discover Alexis Ren’s efforts to achieve her perfect bikini body through her diet and workout routine.
- Alexis Ren mixes different exercises at least five times per week, like crunches, kicks, climbers, and planks.
- Ren eats four times a day, mostly healthy meals packed with nutrients and low in calories.
- Alexis Ren also takes supplements to boost her nutrients and help shed unwanted body fat.
- Alexis combines different supplements like fat burners, greens powder, fat burners, and collagen.
- Ren believes that working on your entire body while taking a healthy diet is the key to attaining a perfect body.
Alexis Ren Sample Weekly Workout Routine
Suppose you’re one of Alexis Ren’s followers of her photos, workout videos, and posts on social media, mainly her Instagram feed. In that case, you notice a few things pretty quickly about her exercise and exercise routine at the gym.
First of all, she works out at least 5 days a week, but it’s multiple times a day in most cases. It’s not surprising, as that kind of figure doesn’t come without putting in the hard work.
View this post on Instagram
However, most of Alexis Ren’s workout routine videos don’t involve cardio and weight training at the gym. Instead, Alexis focuses on a brilliant combination of dedicated ab workout and cardio routines, including Pilates, hiking, running, boxing, and yoga.
Her Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube feeds are full of updates on Alexis Ren's workout routine daily, sans weight training, and one of the most popular things she has ever posted is her 10 minute ab exercise routine.
To help you prepare for it, I’ve listed out the different exercises, and you should watch Alexis Ren on YouTube.
The basic idea is to do each exercise in this exercise routine for 30 seconds without a break.
- Sit-ups: With knees bent, lift your body halfway
- Knee touch crunches: With knees bent and hands on thighs, lift until your hands touch the knees.
- Heel touches: Slightly lift yourself and move from side to side until your hands touch your heels
- Bicycle crunches: Laying down, move your legs in a cycling motion without touching the ground
- Russian twists: With knees bent, raise yourself halfway and twist from side to side
- Reach through crunches: Similar to knee touch crunches, but start with your hands above your body
- Legs to ceiling reaching crunches: Legs pointing straight up, lift yourself until you touch your toes
- Toe tap leg lifts: Like bicycle crunches, lift your legs off the ground and alternate each toe touching the ground.
- Flutter kicks: Lay flat on the ground and lift straight legs halfway, then alternate a kicking action
- Scissor kicks: Similar to flutter kicks, but cross your straight legs over each other
- Leg lifts: Begin with straight legs just off the ground, lifting them to the top and back again
- Leg up alternating toe crunch: Similar to the leg to ceiling crunches, but alternate right hand to the left foot and left hand to the right foot.
- Crunch kicks: Start in a seated position with knees bent, then lift feet off the ground and stretch them out and back in again
- Mountain climbers: From a plank position, alternate each knee pulling it up to your chest
- Plank: Hold an elbow plank with a dead straight body
- Right side plank: Balance on right arm with body straight
- Left side plank: Balance on the left arm with body straight
- Plank (again): Hold an elbow plank with a dead straight body
- Plank twists: In a plank position, twist your torso and bring your hip towards the ground
- Spider climbers: Similar to mountain climbers but with knees moving out and away from yourself
The 10 minute ab workout might not sound like much, but I bet you’ll struggle to keep up with it the first few times. Watch this video and be inspired!
Alexis Ren Diet Plan
Alexis Ren's social media has new photos and ideas for recipes she has to maintain her fantastic figure. She leads a very health-conscious life, and while she isn't vegan, she does limit a lot of meat and dairy products, from breakfast to dinner.
Her diet encourages young girls to eat healthy, which includes eggs and coffee over tea for breakfast, veggie burgers, eating fruit after lunch, and organic banana ice cream (made with almond milk). And absolutely no fast food or red meat to promote eating disorder symptoms!
Alexis Ren doesn't stick to a strict 3-meals-a-day diet but instead spreads her nutrition needs out over six or smaller meals, keeping it limited.
If you exercise a lot and aim for some drastic fat loss, that is an essential tip to follow. It helps keep hunger at bay and maintains motivation and nutrition simultaneously.
Here are just a few ideas and recipes for meals that she has shared over the years covering everything from breakfast to snacks (including items like trail mix and kale chips).
- Coffee, rather than tea, is a must first thing in the morning
- Smoothies with mixed fruits and berries
- Gluten-free pancakes with no sugar and just a few eggs
- Kale and chicken salad: basically plenty of protein from the chicken and vegetables to maintain the muscles
- Mixed bowl of fruit after lunch
- Veggie burgers with lettuce bun and organic avocado
- Banana ice cream: banana blended with almond milk, which is surprisingly delicious.
- Mixed fruit salad with papaya, pineapple, mango, strawberries, and watermelon
- Perfect protein bars (purple is her favorite)
- Trail mix without chocolate
- Kale chips (no hummus, though)
- Rice crackers with organic almond butter
As you can tell, it’s not just a simple workout to count calories alone, but rather all about eating good, organic, and clean food (devoid of things like bread, sugar, red meat, and alcohol) in limited amounts.
On top of all this, Alexis makes sure she takes in at least 2 liters of water per day. It’s not just about hydration but detoxing as well. The more you can flush out your system by drinking water, the better your overall well-being.
But the Alexis Ren diet doesn’t end there, as she relies on a few supplements to make her look and feel great.
Alexis Ren Supplement Stack
Having a balanced and clean diet will give you most of your body’s nutrients. But when you need to get the absolute most out of yourself to look your best, make sure you take some supplements. It becomes more vital when you have a specific lifestyle goal.
Here’s what I have heard her talk about in interviews and on social media:
1. Greens Powder
When she wakes up, Alexis Ren's priority is drinking a glass of green
Think of green juice as a superfood, where it's nutrient-dense in vitamins and minerals, which 92% of Americans lack in their diet. You can check out our list.
It will kick-start the body's processes of
Get 15% off using Coupon Code: TOTALSHAPE
2. Fat Burner
I have to give Alex Ren's consistency with her 5-day-a-week exercise routine schedule some credit. Going to the gym almost every day takes passion and dedication. After all, most people fail to achieve their fitness objectives due to inconsistent workout routine schedules.
Her goal of staying lean is well supported by her balanced diet and an effective fat burner. Using a fat-burning supplement while seriously taking your gym sessions is sure to keep your body toned and firm.
It reduces cravings, boosts body fat metabolism, and improves mental focus. As a result, you lose more weight without spending too much effort exercising.
Another of Alexis Ren's habits is to take collagen supplements daily, and this side-effect free supplement is vital for nourished skin and hair. It maintains a youthful look for years to come.
Because of the added strain from exercising will also help maintain and repair connective tissue on joints and muscles (1).
We like collagen because it boosts metabolism and energy, which is essential in performing workouts. Aim to take this at least once a day for best results.
Her lifestyle requires her to travel a lot, and that can put a strain on the stomach. It especially becomes a problem when the local cuisine doesn't agree with Alexis Ren.
With over 1 billion organisms, it keeps your tummy healthy. Take these first thing in the morning, especially on very busy days.
Among health experts propagating regular use of these little gut-dwelling allies is Dr. Peter Attia, a youthful-looking longevity researcher.
Biotin is also vital to strengthening your hair and nails, as well as for rejuvenating your skin.
This supplement is vital for cell growth and converting fat into amino acids.
While Alexis Ren’s age is only 22, and she doesn’t have any signs of aging, her busy lifestyle will put some strain on her appearance. Take Biotin once daily, either in the morning or evening.
6. Vegan Protein Powder
Alexis Ren has stated numerous times that maintaining muscle mass can be a challenge when aiming to keep every gram of fat off your body.
One of the most important things to support this is a vegan protein powder, which has the advantage of being highly bioavailable.
It has a lot of benefits to those who want to build lean muscles while working out and eating a healthy diet. It's easy to absorb, ensuring these advantages take effect faster. Take some after every training session for the best results.
7. Digestive Enzymes
Eating different foods than normal can also disrupt your digestive system causing some bloating. It could discourage you from exercising, derailing your path to wellness.
This is not something she can afford to encounter on a photo shoot, so she takes digestive enzymes with every meal.
You can get these over the counter, and they are great when you are making some drastic changes to your food intake.
Final Thoughts on Alexis Ren's Workout Routine
As you can see, Alexis Ren fully understands the importance of diet and workout in combination. You should never aim to make up for a diet of just fast food and red meat with more work at the fitness center, as that will just lead to disappointment.
And even if you stick to the Alexis Ren diet plan and exercise regime, you will need a few supplements to get you to your goals.
Fortunately, there are a lot of great products available that are perfectly healthy and pretty effective.
Let us know how you get on with the ab exercise routine above and if you found some clever hacks to improve it.
- Choi FD, Sung CT, Juhasz ML, Mesinkovsk NA., Oral Collagen Supplementation: A Systematic Review of Dermatological Applications, retrieved from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/30681787
- Harvard Health Publishing, Health benefits of taking probiotics, retrieved from https://www.health.harvard.edu/vitamins-and-supplements/health-benefits-of-taking-probiotics
- Michele Cho-Dorado, MD, Will digestive enzymes help IBS?, retrieved from https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/320823.php
About The Author
You May Also Like