At 22, Californian model Alexis Ren dazzled as Maxim's August 2017 cover girl and graced the 2018 Sports Illustrated Swimsuit issue, showcasing her flawless, slim physique.
As a fitness trainer who’s helped hundreds of women achieve their dream bodies, Alexis’s toned abs and fat-free core, evident in photoshoots and posts, told me one thing: her diet plan and routine were gold.
So, I explored her daily diet and exercise routine, uncovering insights for ladies out there pursuing weight loss.
Let's delve into how Alexis Ren sculpted her ideal bikini body.
- Alexis Ren's workout routine includes weight training, running, yoga, Pilates, kickboxing, and other forms of cardio.
- Ren eats mostly healthy meals packed with nutrients and low in calories four times a day.
- Alexis ensures she consumes enough protein to fuel her muscles, which, as a study in the Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition shows, can improve body composition and strength with a high protein diet (3.4 g/kg/d).
- Alexis combines different supplements like fat burners, greens powder, fat burners, and collagen.
What Does Alexis Ren's Workout Routine Comprise?
Alexis Ren's workout routine primarily comprises ab-focused weight training, daily running, pilates, and yoga for recovery, with occasional participation in activities like Spinning and CrossFit.
As someone who's trained women of all body types, I can tell that Alexis is also no stranger to Spinning and CrossFit.
Now, let's dive into her ab workout routine.
The Alexis Ren 10-minute Ab Workout
The basic idea of this routine is to do each exercise for 30 seconds without a break:
- Sit-ups: With knees bent, lift your body halfway.
- Knee touch crunches: With knees bent and hands on thighs, lift until your hands touch the knees.
- Heel touches: Slightly lift yourself and move from side to side until your hands touch your heels.
- Bicycle crunches: Laying down, move your legs in a cycling motion without touching the ground.
- Russian twists: With knees bent, raise yourself halfway and twist from side to side.
- Reach through crunches: Similar to knee touch crunches, but start with your hands above your body.
- Legs to ceiling reaching crunches: Legs pointing straight up, lift yourself until you touch your toes.
- Toe tap leg lifts: Like bicycle crunches, lift your legs off the ground and alternate each toe touching the ground.
- Flutter kicks: Lay flat on the ground and lift straight legs halfway, then alternate a kicking action.
- Scissor kicks: Similar to flutter kicks, but cross your straight legs over each other.
- Leg lifts: Begin with straight legs just off the ground, lifting them to the top and back again.
- Leg up alternating toe crunch: Similar to the leg to ceiling crunches, but alternate right hand to the left foot and left hand to the right foot.
- Crunch kicks: Start in a seated position with knees bent, then lift feet off the ground and stretch them out and back in again.
- Mountain climbers: From a plank position, alternate each knee, pulling it up to your chest.
- Plank: Hold an elbow plank with a dead straight body.
- Right side plank: Balance on right arm with body straight.
- Left side plank: Balance on the left arm with the body straight.
- Plank (again): Hold an elbow plank with a dead straight body.
- Plank twists: In a plank position, twist your torso and bring your hip toward the ground.
- Spider climbers: Similar to mountain climbers but with knees moving out and away from yourself.
This 10-minute ab workout might not sound like much, but I bet you’ll struggle to keep up with it the first few times. Watch this video and be inspired!
Friendly Workout Tips
From my personal trial of Alexis Ren's workout and guiding my clients through it, I've gathered some key tips:
- Stay hydrated: Ren's routine is intense, so I wouldn't recommend doing it unless you're well hydrated. According to findings from the University of Connecticut, proper hydration before exercise can increase muscular strength and performance .
- Protein intake: Ensure that you've consumed sufficient protein in your meals if you plan on doing Ren's ab workout regularly. A study I found in the Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition found that high protein consumption in women helped them stay lean .
- Sleep for recovery: A review from Medical Hypotheses shows that sleep plays a significant role in muscle recovery . I personally recommend getting 6–8 hours of sleep every day to see optimal results in your strength and weight loss.
Her Workout Principles
Observing Alexis Ren's workout principles resonates with my own training philosophy. Her mix of ab workouts, cardio routines, and yoga aligns closely with the holistic approach I advocate.
First of all, she works out at least five days a week, but it’s multiple times a day in most cases. It’s not surprising, as that kind of figure doesn’t come without putting in the hard work.
Secondly, Alexis focuses on a brilliant combination of dedicated ab workouts and cardio routines, including Pilates, hiking, running, boxing, and yoga, which offers her followers a more holistic approach to fitness.
The Alexis Ren Diet Plan
Inspired by Alexis Ren's social media posts and videos, I've crafted a diet plan similar to hers, which I've also incorporated into my own routine.
This plan not only complements her exercise regimen but has personally helped me optimize my fitness results.
- Coffee, rather than tea, is a must first thing in the morning
- Smoothies with mixed fruits and berries
- Gluten-free pancakes with no sugar and just a few eggs
- Kale and chicken salad: basically plenty of protein from the chicken and vegetables to maintain the muscles
- Mixed bowl of fruit after lunch
- Veggie burgers with lettuce bun and organic avocado
- Banana ice cream: banana blended with almond milk, which is surprisingly delicious.
- Mixed fruit salad with papaya, pineapple, mango, strawberries, and watermelon
- Perfect protein bars (purple is her favorite)
- Trail mix without chocolate
- Kale chips (no hummus, though)
- Rice crackers with organic almond butter
As you can tell, it’s not just a simple workout to count calories alone, but rather all about eating good, organic, and clean food (devoid of things like bread, sugar, red meat, and alcohol) in limited amounts.
On top of all this, Alexis makes sure she takes in at least 2 liters of water per day. It’s not just about hydration but detoxing as well. The more you can flush out your system by drinking water, the better your overall well-being.
But the Alexis Ren diet doesn’t end there, as she relies on a few supplements to make her look and feel great.
Her Diet Principles
Alexis Ren's social media has new photos and ideas for recipes she has to maintain her fantastic figure. She leads a very health-conscious life, and while she isn't vegan, she does limit a lot of meat and dairy products, from breakfast to dinner.
Her diet encourages young girls to eat healthy, which includes eggs and coffee over tea for breakfast, veggie burgers, eating fruit after lunch, and organic banana ice cream (made with almond milk). And absolutely no fast food or red meat to promote eating disorder symptoms!
Alexis Ren doesn't stick to a strict 3-meals-a-day diet but instead spreads her nutrition needs out over six or smaller meals, keeping it limited.
If you exercise a lot and aim for some drastic fat loss, that is an essential tip to follow. It helps keep hunger at bay and maintains motivation and nutrition simultaneously.
The Alexis Ren Supplement Stack
Like myself, Alexis isn't a stranger to supplements. Her supplement stack comprises high-quality supplements that aid her workout routine and diet plan and help her maintain an amazing physique.
Based on what she's said in videos and posted on social media, here's a list of what she might take every day.
1. Greens Powder
When she wakes up, Alexis Ren's priority is drinking a glass of green
Think of green juice as a superfood, where it's nutrient-dense in vitamins and minerals, which 92% of Americans lack in their diet. You can check out our list.
It will kick-start the body's processes of
2. Fat Burner
I have to give Alex Ren's consistency with her 5-day-a-week exercise routine schedule some credit. Going to the gym almost every day takes passion and dedication. After all, most people fail to achieve their fitness objectives due to inconsistent workout routine schedules.
Her goal of staying lean is well supported by her balanced diet and an effective fat burner. Using a fat-burning supplement while seriously taking your gym sessions is sure to keep your body toned and firm.
It reduces cravings, boosts body fat metabolism, and improves mental focus. As a result, you lose more weight without spending too much effort exercising.
Another of Alexis Ren's habits is to take collagen supplements daily, and this side-effect-free supplement is vital for nourished skin and hair. It maintains a youthful look for years to come.
Because of the added strain from exercising, it will also help maintain and repair connective tissue in joints and muscles .
We like collagen because it boosts metabolism and energy, which is essential in performing workouts. Aim to take this at least once a day for best results.
Her lifestyle requires her to travel a lot, and that can put a strain on her stomach. It especially becomes a problem when the local cuisine doesn't agree with Alexis Ren.
With over 1 billion organisms, it keeps your tummy healthy. Take these first thing in the morning, especially on hectic days.
Among health experts propagating regular use of these little gut-dwelling allies is Dr. Peter Attia, a youthful-looking longevity researcher.
Biotin is also vital to strengthening your hair and nails, as well as for rejuvenating your skin.
This supplement is vital for cell growth and converting fat into amino acids.
While Alexis Ren’s age is only 22, and she doesn’t have any signs of aging, her busy lifestyle will put some strain on her appearance. Take Biotin once daily, either in the morning or evening.
6. Vegan Protein Powder
Alexis Ren has stated numerous times that maintaining muscle mass can be a challenge when aiming to keep every gram of fat off your body.
One of the most important things to support this is a vegan protein powder, which has the advantage of being highly bioavailable.
It has a lot of benefits for those who want to build lean muscle while working out and eating a healthy diet. It's easy to absorb, ensuring these advantages take effect faster. Take some after every training session for the best results.
7. Digestive Enzymes
Eating different foods than normal can also disrupt your digestive system, causing some bloating. It could discourage you from exercising, derailing your path to wellness.
This is not something she can afford to encounter on a photo shoot, so she takes digestive enzymes with every meal.
You can get these over the counter, and they are great when you are making some drastic changes to your food intake.
About The Author
You May Also Like