If you've followed Dana Bailey online and especially on YouTube, you may have noticed that she spends a lot of time on her arms and shoulders.
Since I’m a bodybuilding and personal fitness coach, female clients often ask me how they can achieve a physique like Dana's.
So, I spent a few hours with the team watching her training session videos, and we pulled all the great workouts she did into one.
Let's take a closer look at the Dana Linn Bailey shoulder workout and how you can replicate it using all the tricks.
- Dana Linn Bailey doesn't hold back and often uses an insanely heavy dumbbell for exercises like front and lateral raises, as well as shoulder presses.
- Dana tries to train one delt muscle at a time in order to achieve that perfectly balanced shape.
- If you want to achieve a figure like the Women's Physique Olympia Champion, then you'll also need to consider what kind of supplements Dana takes.
Dana Linn Bailey Stats
- Born: May 30, 1983
- Height: 5'5"
- Weight: 135 lbs.
- Waist: 33"
- Chest: 31"
Dana Linn Bailey's Shoulder Workout Routine
We've heard people refer to it as the "delt homicide shoulder workout," and once you finish it, you'll know exactly why.
Your goal should be to do double pyramid sets with different weights so that you do 15 reps in the first, ten reps in the second, and 15 reps in the last set.
Make sure you pick a lighter weight for the 15 reps, and a good starting point would be something that's 70% of your ten-rep load.
Here are the specific exercises you should incorporate into an upper body day to get as much blood pumping as possible:
- Lateral Raises: Dana suggests working each arm separately, and you can also alternate training days with overhand and underhand grip setups to achieve different muscle activation .
- Face Pulls: This is a kind of standing rowing movement where you pull the handle to your face while keeping your elbows up high. It's a great way to target your rear delts .
- Plate Raise: Try to add a drop superset to these front weight plate raises; after you complete the regular sets, drop immediately to a lighter weight and do an extra set until failure.
- Cable Flyes: One of the tips she has given is to lean forward to achieve better muscle activation at the top and more tension at the bottom of the movement.
- EZ Bar Front Raises: By doing front raises with a bar, you can work on heavier activation of the front delt muscles.
- Upright Rows: You can do these with barbells, dumbbells or the cable machine, and the trick is to find the ideal forward-leaning angle to target your delts and traps.
- Shoulder Press: For the last movement, try to set the bench up with a slight recline, as this reversed position helps to target the front delts.
I would not suggest doing these as part of a huge chest day, as you would have some overlapping muscle activation that could hold you back.
"For my dumbbell side lateral raises, I like to use a double pyramid set of 15, 10, 15 reps."
- Dana Bailey
What's Her Diet Plan?
Dana's diet plan isn't overly complex or too hung up on a specific calorie intake.
To achieve fully trained shoulders with great toning, she will focus mainly on protein, which will be about 50% of her calorie intake.
Her main focus is on eating healthy and nutrient-dense food for every single meal and snack.
That means no processed food or refined carbs. And she likes to make sure that all her meals are freshly prepared.
Does She Take Supplements?
Yes, Dana Bailey takes several supplements to help her achieve an optimal physique.
First of all, to make eating massive amounts of protein a bit easier than having chicken breasts for every meal, she will take a high-quality protein shake multiple times a day.
The higher the quality, the better the effect on muscle mass will be, so make sure you stay away from cheap products.
The other thing that helps her stay toned without a calorie-deficit diet is taking a fat burner.
These products can help boost your metabolic rate throughout the day and maintain lower levels of fat reserves.
Get Your Shoulders Into The Best Shape Ever
By following the Dana Linn Bailey shoulder workout, you should start seeing some great results in 6-8 weeks.
Either have a dedicated shoulder workout a week or add half the exercises to two different upper body sessions.
And for the most trained shoulders you can imagine, introduce one of the high-quality fat burners we tested:
These won't make you slim on the couch eating a box of donuts, but the added metabolic boost can make a significant difference in your toning efforts.
About The Author
You May Also Like