As a personal trainer, I often look to the most successful athletes for inspiration and guidance; Kai Greene is undoubtedly no exception.
So, I dedicated several hours to examining one of the most inspiring bodybuilders, Kai Greene's arms' training session, sure to inspire even the most novice fitness enthusiasts.
- The best arm workouts Kai Greene performs are the rope triceps pushdown, incline dumbbell curl, dumbbell tricep extension, EZ bar bicep curl, D handle cable curl, and cable preacher curl with a V handle.
- Diversifying the angles and regularly challenging your body with different stimuli are vital for well-rounded arm growth.
- To maintain peak physical performance, Kai Green adheres to a strict regimen of optimal hydration and strategically balanced protein and carbohydrate consumption.
- Though some may be intimidated by this workout, you could go for lighter weights and incorporate one of the pre-workouts.
- Age: 47
- Height: 5”8’
- Weight: 303 lbs (off-season)
- Waist: 33”
- Chest: 58”
Kai Greene’s Arm Workout Routine
Kai Greene shares his varied workout routines that target different muscle groups with his followers on his social media platforms, including an arms training video that works the short head and the long head of the biceps, as well as the triceps and forearm.
- Rope triceps pushdown - 4 sets with 10 to 15 reps
- Incline dumbbell - 4 sets with 10 to 15 reps
- Standing dumbbell tricep extension - 4 sets with 10 to 12 reps
- EZ bar bicep curl - 4 sets with 10 to 12 reps
- D handle cable curl - 4 sets with 10 to 12 reps
- Cable preacher curl with a V handle - 4 sets with 10 to 12 reps
For Kai Greene, health comes first, before performance and aesthetics.
As someone dedicated to pursuing excellence in fitness, he understands the importance of having a healthy cardiovascular system - not just for endurance but for improving one's appetite.
Similarly, a study has revealed that high-intensity workouts are linked to an increase of the molecule Lac-Phe in blood, which is associated with suppressed appetite and lowered body fat .
Kai believes it’s not enough to repeat the same arm workouts week after week.
To see real progress, he recommends diversifying your movements, angles, and intensity and keeping tension throughout the entire range of motion.
That's why Kai performs antagonistic supersets once a week for all of his arm workouts.
“Health comes first. Performance and aesthetics follow. Your cardiovascular health is important, do make a ritual out of your cardio. You won’t be gassed during your training and your appetite will improve”
- Kai Greene, Professional Bodybuilder
Post You May Like: Top Resistance Band Supersets for Upper Body Workouts
Kai Greene’s Diet Plan
- Meal 1: Ezekiel bread, egg whites, white rice, and an apple
- Meal 2: Vanilla protein powder and almond milk
- Meal 3: Grilled flank steak, cucumber, olive oil, and sweet potatoes
- Meal 4: Chicken breast, walnuts, and quinoa
- Meal 4: Protein shake, raisins, and avocado
- Meal 5: Tuna steak, yams, parmesan cheese, and asparagus
Kai Greene consumes 5-7 meals a day, strategically timed to ensure his body has the fuel it needs to perform at its best.
Kai relies on a structured meal plan that involves eating every two hours and paying close attention to critical factors such as hydration, protein, and carb intake.
He orders food delivery as he has no time to cook daily.
Which Supplements Does Kai Greene Take?
Kai Greene takes pre-workouts, post-workouts, and protein powders to improve his athletic performance.
His company’s product range should give you an idea of other supplements he regularly takes:
- Whey protein
- Mass gainer
- Pump booster
What Are the Best Arm Workouts Kai Greene Uses?
The best arm workouts Kai Greene uses are triceps pushdowns, concentration curls, close grip cable extensions, hammer curls on the preacher bench, and cable pushdowns.
How Big Are Kai Greene Arms?
Kai Green’s arms are 22 inches - a size typically reserved for the biggest and most muscular bodybuilders of all time.
About The Author
You May Also Like