While initially recognized for being Arnold Schwarzenegger’s son, Baena has generated more recognition lately through his bodybuilding efforts.
As someone who’s trained many aspiring bodybuilders for over a decade, I wanted to build a workout routine for clients who took their inspiration from Joseph Baena.
I referred to his Instagram profile for up-to-date information about his workout and diet principles, where he shares frequent updates from his fitness journey. The results of my research have remarkably influenced my clients' training routines.
Let's dissect Baena’s path to achieving a well-built figure.
- Joseph Baena is an emerging bodybuilder inspired by Arnold Schwarzenegger’s (his father's) successful bodybuilding career.
- His workout consists of four sets of each intense training exercise for a medium rep range, with supersets and drop sets.
- Baena consumes a protein-rich diet and complements it with protein shakes, creatine, turmeric, and fish oil.
Joseph Baena Stats
- Date of birth: October 2, 1997 (25 years)
- Height: 6’2” (188 cm)
- Weight: 187 lbs. (84.8 kg)
- Waist: 32 in. (81.3 cm)
- Chest: 42 in. (106.6 cm)
View this post on Instagram
Joseph works out at Gold’s Gym in Venice Beach, California.
He shares his workout pictures and video posts on social media, often posing with Schwarzenegger’s recreated looks.
Following in his father's footsteps both in the gym and on the big screen, he recently showcased his physique in the acting projects “Lava” and “Call of Duty: The Last Airshow.”
Joseph Baena’s Bodybuilding Workout
Joseph Baena’s bodybuilding workout is an up-to-date version of how his dad, Arnold Schwarzenegger, trained and consists of high-volume exercises and drop sets.
View this post on Instagram
Baena told Men’s Health in an interview that he engages in six days of training per week, with two-hour workout sessions and 20 minutes of fasted cardio.
Here are the exercises he performs:
- Incline dumbbell bench press: 4 sets of 12–15 reps to target upper chest muscles
- Seated barbell military press: 4 sets of 12–15 reps to focus on shoulders
- Barbell biceps curl: 4 sets of 12–15 reps to target the biceps
- Lateral raise drop set: 3 sets to target deltoids and shoulders
- Seated cable row: 4 sets of 12–15 reps to focus on the back
- Barbell bent-over row: 4 sets of 12–15 reps to work upper back muscles
- Hack squat: 6 sets of 10–20 reps to target leg muscles
He performs most of the exercises for four sets of medium rep range.
“Every exercise I’m probably going to do at least four sets between 10 and 15 reps. At least four sets is essential with every exercise. The third set of the exercise is when you burn the most and the fourth set is when you grow the most.”
- Joseph Baena
Baena shares that he has relied on the book his dad wrote, “The Encyclopedia of Modern Bodybuilding,” since his early days in bodybuilding.
View this post on Instagram
He continues to apply its principles to every exercise in his current routine while staying up-to-date with new trends.
He follows a rigorous workout schedule, training six days a week with both cable machines and free weights such as barbells or dumbbells.
He takes active rest days, which often involve activities like trekking or cardio with lighter-weight training.
Full Day of Eating
Here’s what his full day of eating looks like:
- Breakfast: 4 scrambled eggs, spinach, mushrooms, and 2 slices of multigrain avocado toast
- Lunch: Chicken/turkey, rice, salad, and vegetables
- Afternoon snack: Protein shake made with orange juice
- Dinner: Mediterranean food, chicken/turkey, plant-based meat substitutes
- Cheat meals: Sweets, shawarma
He consumes a protein-packed diet and recommends a simple, healthy, and fresh meal plan to support his bodybuilding routine.
Joseph takes a number of supplements to pump his body during workouts.
- Protein powders: Joseph Baena includes protein shakes into his routine to accelerate the growth of lean muscle mass, maintain mass, and support recovery.
- Creatine: Joseph includes high quality creatine in his diet when he’s trying to bulk up. It enhances the body’s anaerobic energy capacity, reduces the breakdown of protein, and promotes muscle growth .
- Turmeric: Baena recommends turmeric because of its anti-inflammatory powers. It prevents muscle soreness as he works on building his figure.
- Fish oil: He benefits from taking fish oil supplements because they contain omega-3 fatty acids. They benefit his performance and recovery and reduce the risk of injuries .
How Much Protein Does Joseph Baena Eat a Day?
The exact amount of protein Joseph Baena eats in a day is not publicly known. However, he includes protein in all of his meals in the form of eggs, chicken, turkey, plant-based meat substitutes, and protein shakes.
How Many Hours a Day Does Baena Workout?
Baena works out for two hours a day, six days a week. He also performs 20 minutes of fasted cardio in the morning before his bodybuilding sessions.
Transform Your Body with Joseph Baena's Proven Workout Plan
Irrespective of being the son of Schwarzenegger, Joseph’s dedication to his workout routine and his physique transformation demonstrate his commitment to putting in the effort for remarkable gains.
Baena supplements his training with protein shakes to meet his increased protein needs during intense exercise regimens.
Based on the latest reviews and personal research, we have put together the best protein powders you can take to power up your workout plan:
Browse through our list and find the best product for your fitness journey.
About The Author
You May Also Like
29 Fitness Trainers Share Their Tips
What To Eat & What Supplements To Take?