Kari Pearce, a renowned competitive CrossFit games athlete and fitness influencer, has long been known for her impressive strength and athletic ability.
Her passion for core training and her ab workout routine have attracted many fitness enthusiasts, including personal trainers like myself.
In this article, we’ll look at what Kari Pearce does to get those power abs, including her workout, nutrition tips, and other secrets our research revealed.
- Kari Pearce’s ab workout is effective because she incorporates a variety of exercises that target the entire core.
- With her sculpted muscles, Kari Pearce has been named America’s Fittest Woman four times.
- Through her online fitness program, Pearce shows anyone how to build high-definition PowerAbs.
Kari Pearce Stats/Career Highlights
- Age: 33
- Hometown: Ann Arbor, Michigan
- Height: 5’ 3”
- Weight: 140 lbs
- Five times Crossfit games participant
- America’s Fittest Woman title in 2016, 2018, 2019, and 2020
- Founder of PowerAbs
Ab Workout Routine
Kari Pearce has shared several ab workouts over the years, and we will look at a few now.
Here is a 10-minute workout to burn fat and sculpt defined abs.
According to Kari Pearce, these five of the best ab exercises don’t require any equipment, making them doable at home or while traveling.
She performs these exercises in a circuit, completing each for a set amount of time or reps before moving on to the next exercise.
This ab workout targets all the core muscles, including the rectus abdominis, obliques, and transverse abdominis.
You can modify each exercise to be appropriate for your fitness level.
- Hollow Body Hold: 30-60 seconds, four sets
- Leg Raises: 10-15 reps, five sets
- Crossbody V-up: 20 reps (10 per side), three sets
- Spider-Man Push-Up: 12 sets (six per side), four sets
- Plank Walkout: Six reps, four sets
- Squat Thrust + Plank Jack: 15 reps, four sets
- Russian Twists: 20-30 reps, four sets
Here’s another workout option from Kari Pearce to do right at home to get defined ab muscles and a strong core.
- Plank to Extended Plank: 10 reps
- Superman Snow Angels: 10 reps
- Cross Body Mountain Climbers: 20 reps (10 on each side)
- Bicycles: 20 (10 on each side)
“One of the biggest misconceptions is thinking ab exercise is just going to melt stomach fat. We can build the muscles underneath and strengthen them, but they won’t show without losing body fat,”
- Kari Pearce, Crossfit Athlete & PowerAbs Program Founder
Read more: 7 Minute Ab Workout
Workout Principles for Abs
Kari Pearce trains up to three times a day, performing various exercises, including strength training, swimming, high-rep weightlifting, and sometimes running. Her total daily workout time can be as much as three hours.
Kari’s workout principles seem to center around perseverance and overcoming setbacks that sometimes don’t set you back at all.
For instance, when nagged by injury during her weightlifting career, she switched to competitive Crossfit and qualified for an event within six months of starting to train.
Kari believes you do not have to spend hours doing ab exercises; pick the right ones and effectively sculpt definition and gain strength in your core muscles with consistent workouts that can be as little as 10 minutes.
Related post: 30 Minute Ab Workout: Sculpt Your Abs
Kari Pearce consumes between 3000-3500 calories daily, and the macronutrient breakdown is as follows:
- Protein: 150 grams
- Carbs: 350 grams
- Fat: 90-100 grams
Diet / Nutrition Principles
Kari consumes five to six small meals daily, using protein shakes as snacks.
For optimal results, she ensures the right balance of macros in each meal by combining lean proteins, complex carbs, and healthy fats.
Kari’s preferred food items are chicken breasts, eggs, peanut butter, and oatmeal.
Whey protein can help build muscle, boost immunity, and promote recovery .
Other celebrity ab workouts:
About The Author
You May Also Like