American action movie hero Vin Diesel is one of the most iconic actors in Hollywood, best known for his role in The Fast and the Furious series.
Because of his attractive build, my clients have been asking me to find out what a Diesel workout routine looks like to help them become more like the movie star.
After a few weeks of research and reading about Deisel’s training, I’ve put together a workout plan that should be able to develop a body towards what he’s built.
Let's get into it!
- Diesel’s workout routines entail push-ups, skull crushers, tricep dips, dumbbell kickbacks, tricep extensions, side lateral raises, barbell lunges, deadlifts, and shoulder shrugs.
- Bananas, apples, tuna fillets, sweet potatoes, turkey breast, brown rice, vegetables, chicken breasts, salmon fillets, broccoli, and mixed salads are Vin Diesel's favorite meals.
- Diesel takes these supplements; multivitamins, and whey protein.
Vin Diesel’s Stats
- D.O.B: July 18, 1967 (54 years old)
- Height: 5’11.75“ (182 cm)
- Weight: ~225 lbs (102 kgs)
- Chest: 52 inches (132 cm)
- Waist: 34 inches (86 cm)
- Biceps: 18 inches (46 cm)
Vin Diesel Workout Routine
Here is a breakdown of Deisel’s five-day lifting routine:
Monday: Chest, Triceps, and Shoulders
For this routine, Vin Diesel does six supersets for a total of 12 exercises.
- Superset I: Medium-grip barbell bench press and decline-barbell bench press
- Superset II: Dumbbell flys and push-ups
- Superset III: Incline dumbbell chest press and cable crossovers
- Superset IV: Skull crushers (with an EZ bar) and standing overhead triceps extension
- Superset V: Reverse-grip pushdown and incline triceps extension (with a barbell)
- Superset VI: Tricep dips and dumbbell kickback
Tuesday: Back and Shoulders
On Tuesday, Diesel targets his back and shoulders with three supersets for a total of six exercises.
- Superset I: Side lateral raise and dumbbell shoulder press
- Superset II: Bent-over barbell row and wide-grip lateral pull-downs
- Superset III: Dumbbell shrugs and Romanian deadlift
Diesel targets his legs with three supersets for a total of six exercises.
- Superset I: Standing calf raises and barbell squat
- Superset II: Barbell lunge and wide-stance barbell squat
- Superset III: Barbell lunge and clean-grip front squat
Thursday: Back and Shoulders
For this workout, Vin performs three supersets. Each exercise is done for four sets with eight reps per set.
It consists of six different exercises:
- Superset I: dumbbell shoulder press and lateral raises
- Superset II: Lateral pull-downs and bent-over rows
- Superset III: Shoulder shrugs and deadlifts
“When I work out in the gym, I like to focus mainly on abs, arms and back. I have been training those muscles the most because I personally love seeing women that have good upper body strength.”
- Vin Diesel
Diesel doesn't superset his legs on Fridays. He does six different exercises for four sets of eight reps each.
- Barbell back squats
- Calf raises
- Sumo squat
- Front squats
- Clean and snatch (or clean and squat)
In addition to lifting weights, Diesel also does a lot of cardiovascular and core exercises. He trains martial arts when he’s preparing for a movie to help him out with his stunts.
“I did a lot of jiu-jitsu for Furious 7. Really it was for what I believe is the best fight sequence in the whole Fast and Furious Saga.”
- Vin Diesel, American Actor
His Workout Principles
Here are some workout tips by which Diesel swears.
The Diesel workout prioritizes that you find time to exercise despite having a busy day. Diesel’s busy schedule has him moving around a lot, but he still puts in the time to lift.
Shocking the Muscles
Diesel claims to shock his muscles by starting out with a low rep range, followed by a higher one. According to him, this helps him add serious muscle and burn fat.
Training Smart, Not Hard
His workout routine might be super intense, but Diesel takes his rest days seriously so his muscles can recover. He takes Saturdays and Sundays off from heavy lifting.
What’s Vin Diesel’s Diet Plan Like?
Diesel’s diet plan consists of three heavy meals a day to fuel his muscles and recover after his workouts.
- One cup of porridge
- Chia seeds
- One apple
- Two slices of bread (or some cranberries)
- One banana
- One tablespoon of almond butter
- Two tuna filets
- Two cups chopped vegetables (or two cups brown rice)
- One cup of green beans
- Two slices of turkey breast
- One sweet potato
- Two chicken breasts
- One bell pepper
- One cup of brown rice
- Mango or broccoli or one cup of quinoa
- Two salmon fillets
- Mixed salad
His Diet Principles
Here are some of the diet principles he abides by to keep his gains.
Eat Big to Get Big
Vin has admitted that he loves to eat. Diesel eats three large meals a day to fuel his muscles with all the necessary nutrients.
He eats a good amount of carbs, lean proteins, vegetables, and fruits and drinks plenty of water.
Avoiding Processed Foods
Diesel strictly avoids processed foods as he believes natural foods help his mind and body, giving him the fuel to work out harder.
What Supplements Does He Take?
Diesel takes supplements like protein powder and multivitamins.
Although he sticks to a whole-food diet for the majority of his nutritional needs, developing those muscles without certain supplement aid would be extremely hard.
Vin Diesel’s supplements stack includes these:
- Whey Protein: Whey protein contains all essential amino acids needed to supply muscle growth after strenuous training. This contributes to better functioning muscles and faster and more effective recovery .
- Multivitamins: Vin Diesel also uses organic multivitamin supplements to maintain good immunity and for overall well-being and mood stability which are required for motivation and effective training.
How Much Does Vin Diesel Bench?
Diesel can reportedly bench 350 pounds. This was back in 2016, so he may be tackling heavier weights these days.
Should You Try The Vin Diesel Workout?
Vin Diesel’s workout routine was well-acclaimed by our intermediate lifters who were having difficulty making gains. However, even rigorous training and diet can take years before you approach a body like Diesel’s.
To speed up your muscle-building efforts, I would recommend checking out some natural and legal steroids which are entirely based on natural ingredients studied for their link to improving strength, performance, and muscle growth.
These aren’t magic pills to help you become like Vin overnight, but they can help you get there noticeably easier and faster.
About The Author
You May Also Like