As a certified fitness trainer, I've made it a norm to look at successful bodybuilders' training routines to gain insight that will motivate my clients and readers to attain their best body physique.
Calum Von Moger is a classic and aesthetic bodybuilder whose leg workout routine caught my attention.
He recently shared an intense leg day workout setting objectives of shrinking out over the next few months.
In this article, I will provide Calum Von Moger's stats, leg workout routine, diet plan, and supplements he uses for his exercises.
- Calum Von Moger's approach to lifting and bulking up is based on learning the basic exercises.
- He eats nearly every two hours to nourish his body sufficiently. This ensures that his body maintains a calorie surplus.
- Calum Von Moger prefers free weights to machines for the majority of his routines. He feels that when compared to machines, dumbbells, and barbells stimulate higher muscle activation and total growth improvements.
Celebrity Stats/Career Highlights
- Age: 32 years
- Height: 6ft 2in
- Weight: 235-260 lbs
- Waist: 32in
- Chest: 48in
Leg Workout Routine
Calum Von Moger's firm and classic physique is the product of his devotion to his exercises and diet.
He didn't get his huge body overnight. His massive legs, in particular, are the product of a rigorous leg workout regimen.
Below is Calum Von Moger's leg workout routine:
- 6 sets of 6 to 15 repetitions of Smith machine squat
- 4 sets of 8 to 12 repetitions of leg press
- 4 sets of 8 to 12 repetitions of barbell hack squat
- 4 sets of 8 to 12 repetitions of stiff leg deadlift
- 4 sets of 15 repetitions of leg curls
- 4 sets of 15 repetitions of leg extensions
- 4 sets of 50 reps of standing calf raise
Smith Machine Squat
Smith machine squats are an excellent way to strengthen and tone the lower body.
This exercise is ideal for beginners because it gives more stability than a typical free-weight squat.
Smith machine squats engage many body regions, including the glutes, quadriceps, and hamstrings, while enabling you to lift heavier loads more efficiently than traditional squat variations for leg gains.
Performing leg presses correctly, and with perfect technique, you may safely build leg strength without risking injury.
It also lets you focus on different leg muscles while putting less effort on other body parts because leg presses may be done while seated.
Barbell Hack Squat
Barbell hack squats are an excellent workout for increasing strength and muscle mass.
This workout is great for shaping your quads.
Barbell hack squats place less strain on the back than regular barbell squats, enabling you to focus more fully on specific muscle areas.
Stiff Leg Deadlift
The stiff leg deadlift is fantastic for anyone wanting to improve their muscle strength and stability.
This multi-joint complex activity works the major lower-body muscles, including the adductors, glutes, calves, and hamstrings.
Learning how to do stiff leg deadlift is also a fantastic way to strengthen your lower back and the muscle groups that stabilize your spine.
Leg curls are the best leg exercises to isolate and develop the leg muscles, especially the hamstrings.
Leg curls provide several advantages that other leg workouts do not offer.
Leg curls not only help build muscle and increase strength, but they also assist in avoiding lower body injuries while enhancing athletic performance.
Leg extensions are an excellent approach to tone and strengthen the quadriceps.
They can enhance total knee stability by developing leg muscles, joints, and ligaments.
Calf raises are a simple, low-impact way to strengthen the soleus and gastrocnemius muscles.
Calf muscles that are strong and flexible improve stability and balance, reduce the incidence of ankle and foot injuries, and improve agility when jumping and running.
Posts You May Like:
Calum Von Moger's daily fitness program includes up to 3 hours of training. Moger works out for an hour of cardio and up to 2 hours of weight training weekly.
Moger continues this training program six days a week and adheres to a rigorous diet to retain muscle mass.
Calum Von Moger prefers to train instinctively. He does not mimic the exercise plans of other lifters; instead, he tailors his workouts to his own needs.
According to Calum Von Moger, the program focused on fewer sets, more repetitions, and more exercises.
"Leg day consists of only working on quadriceps, hamstrings, and calves. It's my second day of this split. So, it's a high-intensity workout, with low volume but high repetitions, fewer sets, and more exercises."
- Calum Von Moger, Australian Bodybuilder & Actor
He begins his leg exercises to maximize muscle gains with 1-2 warmup sets and three working sets for each exercise.
Calum Von Moger prefers free heavy weights to machines for most of his workout routine.
He feels that when compared to machines, dumbbells, and barbells stimulate higher muscle activation and total growth improvements.
Calum Von Moger does not enjoy traditional aerobic workouts. Instead, he likes to take a daily stroll to improve his cardiovascular health.
He strongly integrates cardio exercises when preparing for a performance. In this case, he performs cardio 5 times a week.
He does fast cardio once a week and regular cardio 3 times a week.
Calum Von Moger has a fast metabolism, allowing him to consume a large amount of food.
Cottage cheese and watermelon are one of his all-time favorite meals. He likes veggies, potatoes, and meat while cooking at home.
Calum Von Moger takes up to 3 protein shakes daily in between meals.
Here is Calum Von Moger's diet plan:
- Meal 1: 1 ½ cups Oats, 1 Scoop Protein, Berries & Yogurt
- Meal 2: 6 Egg Whites, 1 Egg & 6 ounces Buffalo Meat
- Meal 3: 9 ounces Chicken, 7 ounces Rice & 1 cup Vegetables
- Meal 4: 9 ounces of Red Meat & 7 ounces Potato
- Meal 5: 9 ounces Chicken, 7 ounces Rice, Salad & 1 cup Vegetables
- Meal 6: 12 Egg Whites & ½ cup Cream of Rice
Diet / Nutrition Principles
Most athletes and bodybuilders keep detailed records of their macronutrient intake. This is not a priority for the Calum Von Moger diet.
Calum Von Moger has a rough idea of what his system requires to remain in top form, so he does not worry about every gram of protein, carbs, and fat.
Calum Von Moger will consume around 9 ounces of protein every meal when trimming.
On low-carb days, he consumes about 7 ounces of carbohydrates for the day. And on high-carb days, Calum will consume 9 ounces of carbohydrates.
He follows a high-calorie food plan to build and maintain his big body.
Battling to maintain putting on weight owing to a fast metabolic rate, he understood he needed to make up for this with plenty of eating.
Here is a list of Calum Von Moger's supplements:
- Creatine: Creatine aids in the continual supply of energy to working for muscle groups by increasing production in working muscles .
- Whey protein: Whey protein is a highly beneficial approach to increasing protein intake. It is necessary for increasing muscle growth and strength while decreasing body fat .
- Branched-chain amino acids (BCAA): Prevent muscle breakdown between exercises, aid recovery, and boost athletic performance .
What Is the Weight of Calum Von Moger?
Calum Von Moger's stage weight is 235 lbs, while his off-season weight is 255 to 260 lbs.
Which Supplements Does Calum Von Moger Use?
The supplements that Calum Von Moger uses are Staunch (his protein supplement), pre-workouts, and creatine.
About The Author
You May Also Like