Everyone who follows Gina Carano’s sports or acting career path must admit that she turns into gold whatever she touches.
This hot and tough woman has achieved massive success as a Muay Thai and MMA fighter, Hollywood star (primarily acting in action movies, TV series, and video games), and a cover model for numerous fitness magazines.
Expectedly, she caught my and my clients’ attention since we all admire her strength, fitness, competitiveness, motivation, and perfectly curved body shape.
So, I started researching her fun yet exhausting exercise routines. For all those fans who wonder how she gets it all, here’s more in-depth information on Gina Carano workout routine and diet.
- Gina Carano's workout routines include pilates, weight training, running, hiking, Jiu-Jitsu, interval training, strength training, Bikram yoga, and cardio workouts, among others.
- Carano's diet which helps her get positive results from working out ranges from vegetables, lean protein, complex carbs, healthy fats, and omega-3 fatty acids.
- To boost her results, Gina takes the following supplements; whey protein, creatine, glutamine, omega 3s, and green tea extract.
- Gina workouts every day, in the morning and in the evening, for at least four hours.
Her Stats and Accomplishments
Height: 5ft 8in (173 cm)
Weight: around 135-145 lbs (61.2-65.7 kg)
Born: 16 April 1982
Place of birth: Dallas, Texas, USA
Father: Glenn Carano, a professional football player for the Dallas Cowboys
Nicknames: Crush, Conviction 
Her most famous movies:
- Fight Girls
- Fast & Furious 6
- American Gladiators
- Scorched Earth
Gina Carano most notable accomplishments, awards, and sports records :
- Acting career:
- Chuck Norris Award for Best Female Action Star at ActionFest Film Festival (2012) for her role in Haywire;
- Awakening Outstanding Contribution Award / AOCA (2012)
- Voted as “Hottest Woman in America” by Big Biz Magazine (2008)
- Fighting career:
- 7-1 MMA career record
- 12-1-1 Muay Thai score
- EliteXC: Heat, Victory against Kelly Kobold (October 2008)
- EliteXC: Primetime, Victory against Kaitlin Young (May 2008)
- Elite XC: Uprising, Victory against Tonya Evinger (September 2007)
- EliteXC: Destiny, Victory against Julie Kedzie (February 2007)
- Strikeforce: Triple Threat, Victory against Elaina Maxwell (December 2006)
- World Pro Fighting Championships 1, Victory against Rosi Sexton (September 2006)
- World Extreme Fighting, Victory against Leiticia Pestova (June 2006)
Gina Carano's Workout Routine
Gina Carano workout program includes:
- Muay Thai
- Mixed martial arts training
- Strength training
- Cardio workout
- Interval training
- Bikram Yoga
- Weight training
- Jumping on huge tires
- Various other outdoor activities
Her approach to exercising is holistic, style mixed, and she prefers outdoor activities to indoor gym workouts.
She works out intensely almost (if not) every day, twice a day - two hours in the morning and another two hours in the evening to improve her stamina, agility, coordination, and strength.
Gina’s typical morning and evening workout routines look like this:
- Warm-up: running on the treadmill, jumping rope, or any other cardio activity (15 minutes)
- Shadow box (15 minutes)
- Sparring and technique - practicing punches, kicks, and other fighting moves (2 hours)
To get back into the fighting form when she was preparing for Haywire in 2011, Gina added some extra training to her regular workouts - gun training, stunt training, and Secret Service training for 4 hours each day.
Here’s what she said about those days and her favorite movie fight scene:
“The training for the movie was actually incredibly intense. I’d do stunt training from 7am-11am, then gun training and Secret Service training. Since fighting brings your body forward so much, I also had to work a lot with a trainer on my back muscles and my butt to straighten me out. [...] My scene with Michael Fassbender was probably one of the coolest fight scenes in the movie. It was actually the first scene we shot. I was in a fancy dress, and he was in a tux, and we were smashing glasses and throwing each other over couches in this bedroom.”
- Gina Carano, American Athlete & Actress
As you can see, Gina’s workouts are strenuous but versatile and fun.
More importantly, they’re incredibly effective.
Now let’s see more about the role her nutrition plays in her health and fitness.
Gina Carano's Diet and Nutrition
Even though she struggled with her weight, especially during the winter holidays, Gina hates sticking to a lot of strict rules when it comes to food.
“Sometimes, you have to cheat and eat some pasta, you know? When you start putting too many rules on something, you get a bit anal about it, and it’s counterproductive.”
- Gina Carano, American Athlete & Actress
Gina had tried a number of different diets over the years until she found what works best for her.
Now she mostly eats wholesome, clean, nutrient-dense foods and balanced meals high in lean protein, fiber, veggies, healthy fats, omega-3 fatty acids, and complex carbs.
She also has a cheat day every now and then, indulging herself in a bowl of pasta. Her favorite cheat meal is cheese ravioli with alfredo sauce, whereas her favorite healthy meal is chicken and couscous with green beans.
Gina drinks a lot of water and eats almost everything in moderation, but her meals mainly consist of:
- Whole, natural foods
- Leafy greens
- Complex carbs
- Lean white meat (chicken)
- Wheat pasta (on a cheat day)
On the other hand, Gina steers clear from:
- Processed foods
- Junk food
- Fried fatty foods
- Too salty food
- Refined sugar
- Artificial additives
What Supplements Does She Take?
Even though we don’t know much about the supplements this Fast & Furious 6 star uses, the following products may benefit anyone who follows a similar lifestyle, workout routine, and diet regimen as Gina:
How often does Gina Carano work out?
Gina Carano works out every day in the morning and in the evening, in total four hours a day on average.
How hard does Gina Carano work out?
Gina Carano works out extremely hard by combining a range of different workout programs and techniques that help her stay in great shape, from treadmill, jump rope, pilates to Bikram yoga and Muay Thai.
What is Gina Carano’s height?
Gina Carano is 5 feet 8 inches or 1.73 m tall.
About The Author
You May Also Like