With the summer season fast approaching, every woman looks forward to flaunting that perfect bikini-body.
One of these women includes the ever-popular ‘Bodak Yellow' celebrity Cardi B, who's been working her butt off since 2018 to slim down and transform her pregnant body back to the way it was.
If you feel like your love handles are holding you back from your fitness goals, the Cardi B workout routine just might be the workout routine you've been looking for.
- Cardi B workout routines range from alternating lunges, donkey kicks, hip thrust, shoulder press, push-ups, dumbbell curls, and high knees.
- To attain the fitness level of Cardi B, you should perform her workouts at least three times a week.
- Cardi's workouts when combined with a strict diet, it is effective for weight loss.
What Is The Cardi B Workout Routine?
Cardi B never really considered a workout regimen before having a baby, let alone being committed to a gym.
However, the thing Cardi B had going for her was the fact that she was an experienced dancer.
View this post on Instagram
Cardi B had built up quite a bit of agility, strength, and muscular endurance in her previous career as a stripper and pole dancer, which helped her recover.
To this day, Cardi B still uses dance as a way to stay fit.
Though Cardi B has not shared much about her workout routine, it is obvious she concentrates much of her efforts on the lower body and arms.
Cardi B's Lower Body Workout
So you want to blast away that baby fat and again become the goddess you once were?
There are a few exercises you'll need to know if you're looking to get there. Luckily, Cardi B has been there and done it, with a specifically designed fitness routine that's got you covered.
Cardi B's workout routine mainly focuses on the butt and legs - thighs and calves. To achieve that perfectly toned lower body, you'll want to combine the following exercises:
- Stand with your feet about a foot apart.
- With your knees hinged, bring yourself to a squat until your knees are aligned with your toes.
- Placing your weight on your heels, push yourself back to a standing position at the same speed you went down.
- Repeat 10 times for three sets.
2. Alternating Lunges
- Stand straight with your feet hip-width apart.
- Rest your arms on your hips and step your left leg forward.
- Bend the left knee to a lunge position until it is parallel to the floor and hold for a few seconds.
- Bring your left leg back up to a standing position and do the same for the right.
- Perform 3 sets with 10 reps each.
3. High Knees
- Relax your muscles and stand with your feet about one foot apart.
- Lift your right knee up and drive it towards your chest. Hold for a few seconds before bringing to rest.
- Alternate with the left knee and repeat the same.
- Perform 4 sets of 12 reps each.
4. Donkey Kicks
- Kneel down on a mat and rest your forearms flat on the ground.
- Lift your right leg as high as you can go maintaining it straight. Hold for a few seconds then slowly bring it down.
- Repeat the same for the left leg.
- Perform 3 sets with 10 reps each.
5. Hip Thrust
- Sit down on the floor and rest your shoulders on a bench.
- Pivoting on the shoulders, lift your hips up and try to lift your butt from the floor until the hips are at the same level as the shoulders.
- Hold for a few seconds, then steadily lower your hips and bring your body to the initial position.
- Perform 3 sets with 8 repetitions for each set.
Related: Charles Glass Workout Routine
Cardi B's Upper Body Workout
After having a child, Cardi B focused most of her efforts on her lower body. However, if you're looking for more overall balance, you can opt to try Cardi B's upper body workout as well.
As evident by the lean and well-toned arms of Cardi B, her fitness routine works. Here's what it's comprised of:
1. Shoulder Press
- Stand straight with the feet slightly apart while holding a dumbbell on each arm.
- Raise the dumbbells to shoulder height and press them outwards until the arms are fully extended. Hold for 2 seconds, then lower your arms to the initial rest position.
- Perform 4 sets of 12 reps each.
2. Dumbbell Curls
- Stand straight with the feet one foot apart.
- Hold a dumbbell on each arm with the palms facing forward.
- While hinging at the elbows, curl up the dumbbells to shoulder length without moving the upper arm. Hold for a few seconds, then lower your forearms to the initial position.
- Perform 3 sets of 10 reps each.
Push-ups require a considerable amount of upper body strength. For beginners, Cardi B recommends starting with inclined push-ups to make things easier and moving onto standard push-ups once you've built up more strength.
- For inclined pushups, hold your body at an inclined position with your arms resting against a bench or a chair.
- Push yourself up by bending the elbows while the rest of the body is held constant.
- Perform 3 sets of 10 reps each.
Also Read: Heidi Klum Exercise Routine
What Is Cardi B's Diet Plan?
Cardi B has quite an appetite for junk food and often enjoys treats from McDonald's and Chipotle.
Some of her favorite meals are chicken nuggets, french fries, pizza, and chicken wings. Cardi B also has a fix on Asian cuisine and snacks ranging from dried crabs, noodle bowls, fried popiah, and nuggets.
After rapping about her love for guacamole on Jennifer Lopez's song 'Deniro,' Chipotle offered her a lifetime supply of chips and guac as part of an endorsement deal.
Cardi B is also a social media star who frequently uploads YouTube and Instagram live posts, photos, and video formats about her life.
From her social media pages, one of her favorite joints is an upscale Chinese restaurant named Philippe Chow in New York. Cardi B enjoys green prawns with vegetables and cashews from this restaurant and is even well acquainted with their staff.
After Cardi gave birth, she altered her diet plan to lose weight. One of the steps Cardi B took was taking up only two meals in a day - i.e., a heavy breakfast and dinner.
From a medical standpoint, doing so is an effective technique of reducing calories while maintaining healthy blood sugar levels .
“Studies suggest that weight gain and its metabolic consequences with a higher meal frequency are due to not only to the higher sugar derived energy intake and associated metabolic issues, but also to increased food stimuli, hunger and desire to eat…. a lower frequency but with regular timing may decrease weight gain risk.”
- Paoli, A. Biomedical Sciences Researcher
Cardi B eats all kinds of foods for breakfast, including eggs, potatoes, and bacon, washed down with a glass of juice, tea, or yogurt.
Her dinner usually involves a full course meal. Once in a while, Cardi B opts for vegan meals but has stated she is not a fully committed vegetarian.
What Supplements Does Cardi B Take?
Besides working out, Cardi B takes a number of supplements to aid her with her weight loss goals.
One of these includes a tea known as Teami, which is personally endorsed by Cardi B herself.
Teami is a weight loss tea that works to suppress one's appetite and prevent food cravings. Its manufacturers also claim the tea has a detox effect that helps the body flush out toxins .
By combining the weight loss tea alongside her workout routine and diet plan, Cardi B was able to stay disciplined and maintain her diet.
Cardi B Short Bio
Cardi B, also known as Belcalis Almanzar, is an actress and an award-winning rapper from Bronx, New York.
Cardi B is a sensational singer who’s well-loved by a community of millions of people around the globe.
Before Cardi B became famous, she worked as a cashier at an Amish market, a stripper at a club, and was featured for two seasons on Love & Hip Hop New York before her transition to music.
From her numerous award-winning music videos to chart-topping hits, Cardi B is very successful and even has her own fashion line.
Currently, Cardi B is married to her husband Offset, a rapper and member of the hip-hop trio Migos.
Cardi B got pregnant at the height of her career when she had just released her 'Invasion of Privacy' Album. At that time, she had trouble balancing her career and the pregnancy, stating, "I barely can breathe."
Cardi B got out of shape after becoming a mother and giving birth in 2018 to Kulture, her first child, and daughter. Ironically, Cardi B wasn't too upset, as she used to hate being called skinny as a teenager.
As a result, losing weight wasn't a priority for Cardi B in terms of her own self-image. However, the showbiz industry is known for not being very accommodating towards post-pregnant women, and for Cardi B, she is no exception.
As a result, Cardi B focused on shedding off post-baby fat and getting back in shape.
After many changes, such as implementing vigorous workouts, using a waist trainer, and altering her diet plan, Cardi B was able to get her old body back and make a comeback within no time.
Her weight loss program was so effective that at times, Cardi B was actually worried she had lost more baby weight than intended.
Cardi B's tried and proven fitness routine is an inspiration to many post-pregnancy women, demonstrating that the only thing standing between them and a stunning gorgeous physique is dedication and hard work.
Is the Cardi B Workout Routine Hard?
The Cardi B workout routine is quite simple and can be done by practically anyone.
Those that wish to make things more difficult can incorporate dumbbells into the routine to increase resistance and improve results.
How Often Should You Do the Cardi B Workout Routine?
When starting off, you'll want to go easy and perform the Cardi B workout routine about two or three times a week.
Once your body is used to the routine, you can add more sessions, with optimal results at no less than four days a week.
Is the Cardi B Workout Routine Effective?
The Cardi B workout routine is very effective for weight loss.
Combined with a strict diet plan, people can expect results to show within the first four weeks.
As stated by Cardi B, it worked so well that, at times, she was worried she might have gone overboard and lost too much weight, calling herself ‘a skinnymomma’.
Are Cardi B Fitness Results Natural, or Did She Get Surgery Done?
Yes, Cardi B has undergone plastic surgery for her abs and thighs. However, her transformation from shedding off baby weight is all-natural.
Our Thoughts On The Cardi B's Workout Routine
Being a mom and having a child is one of the fastest ways to get out of shape.
But as proven by Cardi B herself, becoming pregnant is just another small hurdle to overcome.
Through commitment and a healthy diet, Cardi B transformed her post-pregnant body and made it better than before.
As with all fitness routines, maintaining a healthy diet and being consistent with it is key to losing weight.
If you want to get back in shape and feel confident again in your physique, the Cardi B workout routine can help you slim down to your desired goals.
About The Author
You May Also Like
What To Eat & What Supplements To Take?
29 Fitness Trainers Share Their Tips