Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson is one of the most ripped and good-looking Hollywood actors. He was on a special regime during the filming of Black Adam.
He slightly changed the usual workout routine and adjusted nutrition and supplementation to get him in shape for the movie.
As a fitness and nutrition expert, I undertook extensive research of more than 23 hours to find out The Rock's Black Adam routine, complete nutrition, and supplementation plan.
In addition, I tested the workout myself to ensure all exercises were safe to perform and would cause maximum benefits in the form of strength and hypertrophy.
Read below to learn Dwayne Johnson's Black Adam workout routine, diet plan, and more.
Celebrity Stats/Career Highlights
- Age: 47
- Height: 6’2”
- Weight: 262 lbs
- Waist: 35 inches
- Chest: 50 inches
Black Adam Workout Routine
The Rock primarily modified his chest workout routine to make his pectoral area look bigger in the movie.
Here is the entire modified Black Adam chest workout routine:
- 4 x 20 dumbbell bench press on a flat bench
- 4 x 12 seated cable flys (4 x 3-second eccentric contraction, 4 x 3-second isometric contraction, 4 x regular tempo)
- 3 x tri-sets: 8 x flat dumbbell flys, 8 dumbbell bench presses, dips until failure
- Perform 4 x 12 incline exercises on a Smith machine bench press (with 2-second isometric contraction hold at the bottom position)
In the words of his trainer, Dave Rienzi, this workout was designed to build a well-developed and balanced superhero chest.
He also adds that his favorite part of the whole workout is the tri-set finisher which takes the pump to a whole new level.
The core workout principles that prepared The Rock for the role of Black Adam include:
- Heavy incline dumbbell bench press
- Heavy barbell squats for increased quad hypertrophy
- Overload on leg extensions
- The large volume of bodyweight dips and leg curls
- Four or five exercises for leg development, including shark pit squats and walking weighted lunges
The diet plan mainly consists of lean protein sources such as chicken, turkey, beef, and egg whites.
The Rock would take up to 500 grams of protein to support the hypertrophy phase of building additional muscle fibers .
An intermediary carb diet and workouts on an empty stomach would allow The Rock to decrease or maintain his current body fat percentage.
Diet / Nutrition Principles
Some of the diet principles include:
- Increased food intake to 7 meals a day
- 500 grams of protein daily
- A mixture of lean protein sources
- Protein shake post-workout
- Simple carbohydrates like sweet potato and brown rice
Finally, no cheat meals were allowed during the filming period.
"We want to keep the sodium intake limited so that he doesn't retain any excess water."
- Dave Rienzi, Strength & Conditioning Coach
The Rock took supplements that were prescribed based on this lifestyle and genetics.
- Protein powder
- Stress adaptogens
- Creatine hydrochloride
These supplements are used before, during, and after the workout for The Rock to achieve a superior physique.
You can also read our guide on the 7 best whey protein powders to pick the one suiting you the most.
Related Post: Is Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson On Steroids?
Did The Rock Workout for Black Adam?
Yes, The Rock worked out for Black Adam. Dwayne Johnson was under a special workout regime to prepare for the role in Black Adam's Hollywood superhero movie.
How Long Did Dwayne Johnson Train for Black Adam?
Dwyane Johnson trained for 18 months for Black Adam. The Rock was under a special workout, diet, and supplementation regime to acquire a ridiculously muscular shape for the movie Black Adam.
What Is Dwayne Johnson’s Workout Diet for Black Adam?
Dwayne Johnson's workout diet for Black Adam included additional lean protein sources. Some include beef, egg whites, and chicken breasts.
About The Author
You May Also Like