Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson is one of the most famous wrestlers and Hollywood stars, and the one thing you have to admire the most is his dedication to maintaining an amazing physique.
As a personal fitness coach, I know how tough it can be for men over 50 to stay ripped, but his Black Adam chest workout routine could change that.
Fortunately for us, The Rock shares his chest and triceps workout in different interviews and social media posts.
And we took a few days to go through as many videos as possible to put together this list of workouts.
- Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson has created a unique triceps and chest workout that includes a mix of bench presses and triceps extensions with a twist.
- The key to doing his Black Adam prep is adding giant sets of four exercises for both chest and triceps muscles.
- With the right supplements, this workout can get you closer than ever to looking like the now-famous Black Adam character.
The Rock Stats
- Born: May 2, 1972
- Height: 6' 2"
- Weight: 262 lbs
- Waist: 36"
- Chest: 52"
The Rock's Chest And Triceps Workout Routine
When you look at Dwayne Johnson, especially in his role as Black Adam, you immediately see that his chest and tricep muscles stand out the most.
And he has achieved this by doing three giant sets.
That means completing one set of each exercise and moving on to the next one, and then repeating the process three times.
Here are the chest workouts:
- Incline Bench Press - This is a great way to target the upper pecs and achieve that balanced, well-rounded look like Dwayne Johnson.
- Standard Chest Press - You can either use a chest press machine or set up a flat bench and grab a couple of heavy dumbbells .
- Chest Fly - For this, I recommend using a bench and dumbbells. You have a lot more control over the range of motion and your arm alignment to better target your pecs .
- Bodyweight Dips - This is a great way to work your triceps and chest at the same time. If you can't complete these unaided, then support your weight as much as needed to get the full range of motion.
And these are the movements for tricep training exercises:
- Triceps Overhead Extension - This is my personal favorite of the tricep workouts because you feel the full load of the dumbbell providing resistance.
- Tricep Kickbacks - This is a great alternative if you don't feel comfortable with the overhead one, and it also adds strain in a slightly different way.
- Diamond Pushups - These push-ups are unique as they transfer most of the resistance to your tricep muscles and shoulders.
- Reverse Pressdowns - Rather than do cable pushdowns with your palms facing down, grip the handle with your palms facing up and feel how this transfers some of the strain toward the inside of your tricep muscles.
What's Dwayne Johnson's Diet Plan?
Dwayne Johnson's diet plan consists of eating clean and nutritional food across up to seven meals a day.
During bulking phases where he's preparing for roles like Adam Black, he could be eating as much as 5,000 calories a day.
Looking at his video feeds and posts on social media, he focuses a lot on high-protein foods for muscle mass, and I would estimate that 50% of his calories come from protein sources like chicken, fish, red meat, and eggs.
For carbs, he makes sure to only source complex carbs like sweet potato, brown rice, and oatmeal.
What Supplements Does He Take?
Dwayne Johnson takes several different supplements, and here are two that you might consider for this chest and tricep workout.
You simply can't achieve the diet and recovery times of The Rock without a top-quality protein shake.
Being able to boost your intake with a quick drink is also a lot easier than trying to face a fourth or fifth chicken breast in one day.
The other thing you'd want to consider is a pre-workout supplement to boost your strength and reduce fatigue.
This will go a long way toward ensuring the successful completion of each workout and not falling short of your goals.
"Training is my anchor every day, regardless of whether I'm on a set or at home."
- Dwayne Johnson
About The Author
You May Also Like