Have you ever watched a Beyonce music video or concert and wondered how hard getting Beyonce’s thighs and legs would be, not to mention her stamina and energy?
Daily, I devise fitness plans for my clients to help boost stamina, so I was curious about what Beyonce does in her workout routine and diet to be able to run on stage while singing.
I reviewed online interviews with Beyonce along with any information I could find, I spoke with our dietician and some colleagues, and I compiled all the data in this article.
- Beyonce's workout routines include standing side crunches, jumping lunges, forward weighted lunges, jumping plie squats, explosive push-ups, and explosive lateral bench hops.
- Some meals Beyonce eats are eggs, fish, vegetables, meat, quinoa, pita, whole-grain cereals, low-fat milk, and protein bars.
- Beyonce consumes the following supplements; pre-wokrouts, multivitamins, and plant-based protein powder.
- Birthday: September 4, 1981
- Birthplace: Houston, Texas, US
- Height: 5’ 7”
- Weight: 132 pounds
- Measurements: 35-26-39
Peaking at 218 pounds just before she gave birth to her twins when she felt she was ready, Beyonce put in some long hours and hard work to get her body and stamina back where they needed to be to perform.
She accepts that her body is curvier now, and she embraces that.
Her workout routine took on a different look during her post-twins body transition, beginning with easy and doable exercises working major muscles and learning to be patient with herself.
To lose weight post-pregnancy, she, along with exercise, settled into a pretty restricted diet, temporarily became vegan, and gave up alcohol, caffeine, and fruit drinks.
What Does Beyonce Workout Look Like?
Beyonce’s workout routine involves cardio and strength training, including interval training, bodyweight exercises, dancing, running, weight lifting, and big weight ropes.
She will regularly incorporate stretching and boxing workouts into her fitness plan and, according to her trainer, will do an hour of yoga and Pilates on the days she performs.
In addition to her workouts, Beyonce practices choreography nine hours a day to get show-ready.
Here are some examples of Beyonce’s exercise routines.
- Standing side crunches - 10 reps on each side
- Full body sit-ups with medicine ball - 20 reps
- Weighted alternating dumbbell punches - 10 reps on each side
- Explosive lateral bench hops - 10 on each side
- Forward weighted lunges - 10 on each side
- Jumping lunges: 10 repetitions
- Single leg pelvic lifts: 10 repetitions, switch sides
- Reverse-squat kicks: 10 repetitions, switch sides
- Jumping plie squats: 10 repetitions
- Explosive push-ups: 4 sets, 8-10 reps
- One-minute sprint, two-minutes brisk walking: 30 minutes
- Kettlebell squat-and-press: 4 sets of 25 repetitions
- Single-leg step-ups: 4 sets, 15 reps, switch sides, repeat
- Leg stretches
Beyonce gets her whole upper body working hard by combining military presses, biceps curls, alternating dumbbell punches, and bench presses.
Beyonce is committed to a full-body workout several times a week even though she is a very busy woman, wife, mother, and megastar. She takes a few minutes regularly to do mini-workouts, including squats, push-ups, lunges, and planks, giving a boost to physical and mental strength.
Her Diet and Nutrition Principles
Primarily focusing on a diet containing unprocessed foods, Beyonce treats herself to one day, usually Sunday, when she indulges in any meal she wants, usually pizza and wine.
She tries to drink a gallon of water with lemon each day which can provide numerous health benefits like boosting energy, joint lubrication, improving skin, regulating body temperature, and curbs cravings 
- Breakfast: It typically includes one of the following, scrambled egg whites, whole-grain cereal with low-fat milk, or a vegetable smoothie.
- Lunch: Usually consists of fish and vegetables with the occasional quinoa or pita tossed in.
- Dinner: Includes lean meat or fish and lots of veggies.
- Snacks: Throughout the day usually include popcorn and protein bars.
A post-workout snack is vital to staying healthy and replenishing the body. Beyonce generally opts for plant-based protein smoothie made with pea protein powder, frozen fruit, spinach, and almond milk.
Beyonce understands the importance of rewarding hard work and has often said she will get chocolate-wasted after a strict tour-readying diet and exercise plan.
What Supplements Does She Take?
Beyonce never explicitly stated what exact supplements she takes, other than referring to taking vitamins.
I couldn’t find the exact brand she takes, but I would expect to find an all-natural women's multivitamin customized to a women’s specific health needs to be sitting on the shelf next to her boxing materials.
Based on my experience and what I have learned about Beyonce, she probably also takes some form of plant-based protein powder and maybe some natural pre-workouts because that workout regimen definitely isn’t light.
"I try to take care of myself, drinking at least a gallon of water with lemon a day and making sure to take my vitamins,"
Is Beyonce an Endomorph?
Yes, Beyonce is an endomorph. This body type is pear-shaped and curvy, with medium to large bone structure, small shoulders, short limbs, small-waisted., carrying weight on hips, thighs, and lower abdomen.
How Do I Get Beyonce’s Thighs?
You can get Beyonce’s thighs, according to her trainer, by doing a four-move leg workout which includes forward lunges, squats, lifts, and jumps.
Can You Get a Body Like Beyonce?
I believe you can get a body like Beyonce if you put in the hard work. Whether you want thighs or Queen Bey’s upper body, or perhaps her stamina and energy levels, the aforementioned pop star’s fitness routine should be able to get you there.
My professional fitness advice would also be to supplement a balanced diet high in protein and vegetables with an all-natural multivitamin for women to achieve the best conditions for getting a fit body like Beyonce.
About The Author
You May Also Like
What To Eat & What Supplements To Take?
29 Fitness Trainers Share Their Tips