Regan Grimes is a Canadian professional bodybuilder who has competed in high-profile competitions, such as the Arnold Classic and the IFBB (The International Fitness and Bodybuilding Federation) New York Pro.
He often takes to youtube to share his arm workout crushing heavy ass weight. Recently, after much anticipation, he finally revealed his chest workout which comprises several giant sets.
As a fitness expert, I took the time to delve into his routine to see if any exercises could be beneficial to incorporate into my clients’ workout routines.
Adding this chest workout routine will challenge different parts of the chest, promoting muscle growth and increasing your strength.
- Regan Grimes's chest workout includes the chest fly machine, chest dips, cable chest flys, machine reverse flys, machine presses, lateral raises, incline bench presses, and Smith machine incline presses.
- Grimes primarily incorporates isolation exercises using machines in his chest workout routine to ensure he targets all three chest muscles.
- Regan Grimes must consume 6000 to 8000 calories daily to fuel his workouts and maintain his muscular physique.
- Age: 29
- Height: 5’11”
- Weight: 300 lbs
- Waist: 31”
- Chest: 49.5”
Regan Grimes Chest Workout
What sets Grimes' workout apart from other bodybuilders is giant sets.
A giant set is a series of movements performed consecutively without rest, targeting the same muscle group.
Giant sets are a bigger version of a biceps superset, which is proven to enhance training efficiency and reduce training time .
This is a very intense workout consisting of multiple exercises that work different parts of his chest for maximum growth and definition.
- Chest fly machine
- Chest dips
- Incline chest press machine
- Flat bench dumbbell press
- Smith machine incline press
- Cable chest fly
- Low cable chest fly
- Incline bench press
- Standing lateral raise
- Machine reverse fly
Regan Grimes Workout Principles
Regan Grimes mainly incorporates isolation exercises into his daily workout routine to achieve hypertrophy, increase endurance, and improve overall muscle symmetry .
By incorporating machines and heavy weights five days a week, he varies his workout to keep pushing himself to the limits and to avoid hitting plateaus.
Regan follows a 5-day split routine, also known as the “bro split,” one of the most popular splits allowing him to target all muscles with enough volume and include adequate rest.
“Advanced bodybuilders use isolation exercises to target muscles that aren't being worked to their full potential. Isolation exercises can help build more definition in an area that was overlooked by compound exercises, particularly when supersets are performed.”
- Paul Rogers, Personal Trainer
Regan Grimes Nutrition Principles
Grimes needs to consume 6000 to 8000 calories daily on prep, and his meals are carefully crafted to maximize his muscle growth and energy levels.
His coach Milos Sarcev divulged on “The Menace Podcast” that Regan had to undergo intense training while being on a calorie deficit to obtain the results he showcased on various stages.
“I got him on two cardio sessions a day, two workouts a day, zero carbs for five days. With supplementation, we made sure he wasn’t catabolic, so he wasn’t burning muscle”.
- Milos Sarcev, Former IFBB Bodybuilder & Coach
Grimes’ typical day's meal plan includes multiple high-protein meals, usually including turkey or beef as the primary protein source.
- Meal 1 - 60 ounces of cream rice, 4 ounces of chicken, an apple, and 2 eggs.
- Meal 2 - 6 ounces of chicken and 125 grams of rice.
- Meal 3 - 6 ounces of chicken and 125 grams of white rice.
- Meal 4 - 6 ounces of chicken and 200 grams of white rice (pre-workout meal).
- Meal 5 - 6 ounces of chicken, 200 grams of white rice, and an apple (post-workout meal).
- Meal 6 - 8 ounces of salmon and 125 grams of white rice.
Related: Triple H Workout Routine & Diet Plan
Which Supplement Does Regan Grimes Use?
Regan Grimes uses protein powders, pre-workouts, intra-workouts, post-workouts, Essential Amino Acids (EAA), glutamine, citrulline, vitamins, and creatine.
- Creatine - Creatine increases strength, muscle performance, and recovery . To get these benefits, Regan uses the Yamamoto Crea Powder Creapure with creatine monohydrate.
- Pre-workout - Flexetor by Yamamoto is the go-to pre-workout supplement Regan Grimes uses to stimulate muscle growth. This product includes a blend of ingredients, such as l-citrulline, l-arginine, l-glutathione, glycerol, caffeine, citicoline, and taurine to optimize performance during training.
- Mega Sauzer by Yamamoto Nutrition - This supplement promotes maximum blood flow due to efficient ingredients like l-citrulline, l-leucine, and l-arginine .
- Whey protein - Regan uses the Muscle Whey Complex by Yamamoto Nutrition, containing 5,1 of Branched Amino Acids (BCAA) per portion.
- Intra-workout - Regan Grimes takes the Glycobol Ultra Cluster Dextrin, an intra-workout containing ingredients like EAA (essential amino acids), l-taurine, magnesium, citrulline malate proven to promote strength, lean body mass, and physical function .
- Post-workout - Regan uses the GlycoBol Cluster Dextrin to speed up muscle glycogen recovery, stimulating amino acid absorption by the muscle and protein synthesis.
Which Chest Exercises Does Regan Grimes Use?
Chest exercises that Regan Grimes use are chest fly machines, chest dips, incline chest press machine, flat bench dumbbell presses, flat chest press machine, smith machine floor press, lateral raises, machine reverse flyes, seated shoulder press, cable chest flyes, bench press using Smith machine bar, and standing lateral raises.
How Often Does Regan Grimes Train His Chest?
Regan Grimes trains his chest twice per week to ensure he has sufficient time to rest and give himself some time off between workout sessions.
Fuel Your Workout with A High-Quality Pre-Workout
Consuming pre-workouts can help you properly prepare for an intense workout, prevent fatigue, and give you the extra boost you need to power through your workouts.
However, with so many options on the market, it can take time to know which ones deliver on their promises. Many contain ineffective ingredients or insufficient amounts of the ones that matter most.
So, we made this list of the best pre-workouts so that you don’t have to:
Based on our firsthand experience, these products can increase energy levels and enhance physical performance.
About The Author
You May Also Like
29 Fitness Trainers Share Their Tips
What To Eat & What Supplements To Take?