I’m amazed by the results Tristyn Lee got with hard work and dedication. Despite his young age, he managed to build incredible muscles and maintain virtually no body fat for years.
I feel I still have something to learn from him, even though I’ve been in the fitness industry for almost a decade.
That’s why I’ve spent hours researching his videos to dissect his workout routine and diet. Here’s Tristyn Lee’s workout routine and diet plan.
- Tristyn Lee's workouts include seated leg extensions, lying leg curls, barbell squats, straight bar extensions, cable tricep extensions, machine side lateral raises, and seated rows.
- Vitamin D, pre-workouts, glycerol, l-citrulline, and l-theanine are the supplements Tristyn Lee takes.
- Lee's diet mostly comprises; eggs, beef, avocado, coconut oil, spinach, kale, shrimp, chicken, salmon, and cheese.
Tristyn Lee Stats
- Born: August 20, 2002
- Height: 5’ 3’’ (160 cm)
- Weight: 125 lbs (57 kg)
Tristyn Lee is an American bodybuilder and Internet sensation. Even at a young age, he had an enviable muscle mass and impressive soccer skills. In fact, he initially wanted to become a professional soccer player.
Luckily, his fans convinced him to continue with bodybuilding.
He’s currently 19 and has over 2 million followers and an amazing physique.
Tristyn Lee Workout Routine
Tristyn Lee's workout routine incorporates body weight exercises, allowing Tristyn Lee to showcase his awesome soccer skills and maintain a ripped physique.
Tristyn Lee’s workout routine hits all muscle groups.
But the fitness athlete is most famous for his arm and leg routine, which I’ve outlined below.
Still, Lee doesn’t limit himself to weight training. As you’ll see, he also enjoys cardio.
Monday: Tristyn Lee’s Leg Routine
Lee starts off his week with a leg routine.
He prefers doing classic exercises, such as leg extensions, on his leg day:
- Seated Leg Extension (3 sets of 12 reps)
- Leg Press (3 sets of 12 reps)
- Barbell Squat (3 sets of 12 reps)
- Standing Cable Hamstring Curl (3 sets of 12 reps)
- Lying Leg Curl (3 sets of 12 reps)
Check out Tristyn’s 1000 rep leg day challenge:
Tuesday: Tristyn Lee’s Arm Routine
Lee hits six exercises in his arm routine:
- Straight Bar Extensions (3 sets of 10 reps)
- Barbell Curls (3 sets of 10 reps)
- Hammer Curls (3 sets of 10 reps)
- Close-Grip Bench Press (3 sets of 10 reps)
- Cable Triceps Extensions (3 sets of 10 reps)
- Dumbbell Triceps Extensions (3 sets of 10 reps)
Wednesday: Chest Workout
Tristyn Lee works his chest with some classic presses:
- Incline Barbell Press (3 sets of 10 reps)
- Incline Dumbbell Press (3 sets of 10 reps)
- Flat Barbell Bench Press (3 sets of 10 reps)
- Smith Machine Flat Press (3 sets of 10 reps)
- Hammer Strength Chest Press (3 sets of 10 reps)
Thursday: Shoulders Workout
Lee works his shoulders on Thursdays:
- Machine Side Lateral Raise (3 sets of 12 reps)
- Standing Machine Shoulder Press (3 sets of 12 reps)
- Seated Dumbbell Shoulder Press (3 sets of 12 reps)
- Standing Dumbbell Front Raises (3 sets of 12 reps)
Check out a video with Tristyn Lee demonstrating his shoulder workout:
Friday: Back And Biceps Workout
Lee works his back and biceps with these seven exercises:
- Bent-Over Row (3 sets of 12 reps)
- Lat Pulldown (3 sets of 10 reps)
- Seated Row (3 sets of 12 reps)
- Single-Arm Row (3 sets of 12 reps)
- Biceps Curls (3 sets of 12 reps)
- Machine Low Row (3 sets of 10 reps)
See what his back and biceps workout looks like:
Saturday: Circuit Training
Lee performs these exercises consecutively and rests when he finishes an entire circuit:
- Single-Arm Dumbbell Clean And Press (3 sets of 10 to 15 reps)
- Kettlebell Two-Arm Swing (3 sets of 10 to 15 reps)
- Goblet Squat (3 sets of 10 to 15 reps)
- Reverse Lunge (3 sets of 10 to 15 reps)
- Floor Crunch (3 sets of 10 to 15 reps)
- Burpees (3 sets of 10 to 15 reps)
- Butt Kickers (3 sets of 10 to 15 reps)
- Squat Jumps (3 sets of 10 to 15 reps)
- Mountain Climbers (3 sets of 10 to 15 reps)
- Side Lunges (3 sets of 10 to 15 reps)
- Leg Raises (3 sets of 10 to 15 reps)
Trystan Lee spends his Sundays recovering from his hardcore workout routine. After all, everyone needs some rest from their workout routines to avoid increasing the likelihood of injuries and other untoward situations.
If you don’t want to be totally inactive, opt for long walks or hikes.
Tristyn Lee Workout Principles
Tristyn Lee workout routine is based on three principles:
- Rest is equally important for muscle growth as training: Lee works a separate muscle group each time he’s in the gym. That way, one muscle group recovers while he trains the other.
- Short rest periods yield the best results: Tristyn Lee’s workout routine includes circuit training, which doesn’t allow rest between exercises. As a result, the heart rate stays elevated, which may increase muscular endurance and accelerate muscle development .
- Resistance training work must be combined with cardio: Lee still plays soccer, as seen in his many videos. That helps him stay lean.
Lee shares his workout principles and gives other workout tips here:
Tristyn Lee’s Diet Plan
Tristyn Lee's workout schedule includes a focused shoulder workout to help him achieve a low body fat percentage and burn fat, while Tristyn Lee diet plays a crucial role in supporting his fitness goals.
Since Lee hits the gym in the morning, he starts his day with a hearty breakfast and continues to eat healthy throughout the day.
Here’s his diet plan, according to what I found in his interviews:
- Meal #1: 5 eggs, steak or ground beef (4 oz), chocolate almond milk sweetened with stevia, kale chips
- Meal #2: spinach, per-peri chicken, bacon salad, avocado
- Meal #3: ground beef, broccoli, avocado, coconut oil, protein shake
- Meal #4: coconut shrimps, spinach, kale, cheddar cheese, salmon
Lee doesn’t eat junk food. He also tries to make healthier choices whenever possible. That’s why he replaced potato chips with kale chips and cow’s milk with almond milk.
Tristyn Lee’s Diet Principles
Tristyn Lee’s diet is partly ketogenic. He limits his carb intake and gets his energy from fat instead :
“Some people do work better on carbs. But I’m not one of those people. Being a soccer player, I feel extremely lethargic and heavy when I’m running off of carbs.” - Tristyn Lee
According to what Lee shared in his interviews, this version of a keto diet helps him keep his body fat at around 4%.
In his video in 2019, he also revealed that he hadn’t eaten sugar in three years. That doesn’t only apply to raw sugar but also artificial sweeteners and other sources of simple carbs.
Tristyn Lee’s Supplements
In one of his YouTube videos, Tristyn Lee lists supplements he’s using throughout the day:
- Morning: vitamin D (5000 µg), glutamine (4 g)
- Pre-workout: sodium (½ teaspoon of mineral salt), a branded pre-workout supplement, caffeine (281 mg), theobromine and dynamine (50 mg), enextra (100 mg)
- Pumps: glycerol (3 g), l-citrulline (6 g), vasodrive-ap (100 mg)
- Recovery: magnesium bisglycinate (400 mg), l-theanine (200 mg), ashwagandha (200 mg)
Is Tristyn Lee Natural?
Yes, Tristyn Lee is likely natural. We only know he uses standard supplements that help him grow muscles and keep his body fat low. Coupled with his diet and exercise routine, his impressive physique is plausible.
Tristyn Lee's workout routine consists of weight lifting exercises, including leg press and biceps curls, which contribute to his growth as one of the youngest bodybuilders. These exercises provide him with the necessary energy source to support his training sessions.
How Much Can Tristyn Lee Bench?
Tristyn Lee can bench around 295 pounds, at least according to the last video where he talked about this.
Ready To Become A Fitness Athlete Like Tristyn Lee?
In addition to his unique workout routine and the strict keto diet, Lee uses many supplements, but he strays away from unhealthy ones like steroids.
Although his incredible physique is a result of hard work and dedication, these supplements surely play a role.
As a fitness trainer, I know that waiting for results to show up can be difficult and diminish your motivation.
That is why I always recommend pre-workouts to my clients because they usually help them perform better and endure their workouts with more ease, keeping them motivated and on track. Check out the 11 best pre-workout supplements we’ve tested and reviewed ourselves.
About The Author
You May Also Like