Australian actor Chris Hemsworth took a break from heavy weightlifting for his role as "Thor" and started doing 10-minute bodyweight workouts in "Extraction 2".
To get in shape for his role as Tyler Rake, Hemsworth mainly relied on 10-minute bodyweight workouts crafted by Luke Zocchi.
Chris Hemsworth's trainer created a specific workout routine to increase strength while improving speed and agility.
I've spent hours researching and gathering all the details about Hemsworth's bodyweight workout, nutrition, and supplements he uses to help achieve his fitness goal.
- Chris Hemsworth's 10-minute bodyweight workout consists of squats, lunges, mountain climbers, plank shoulder taps, and bicycle sit-ups.
- Hemsworth has cut his diet to prepare for his role in "Extraction 2"; he has gone from 4500 to 2500 calories.
- Chris takes whey protein, Branched Chain Amino Acids (BCAAs), and vitamins to help build muscle and boost recovery.
- Age: 39
- Height: 6'3"
- Weight: 185 lbs
- Waist: 33"
- Chest: 48"
Chris Hemsworth's 10 Min Workout Routine
Christ Hemsworth's bodyweight workout consists of two rounds of five exercises with a strategic twenty-second rest time between exercises.
- Mountain Climber Switch: Do as many reps of each exercise as possible in 40 seconds. Move to the next exercise after 20 seconds.
- Squat: 40 seconds.
- Plank Shoulder Tap: 40 seconds.
- Reverse Lunge: 40 seconds.
- Bicycle Sit-Up: 40 seconds.
While the actor is known for his intense workouts and effort to achieve heroic physiques for "Thor" or "Hulk Hogan Biopic," it is not the only time he adapted his workout regimen to suit different roles.
Chris had the challenge of shedding 25-30 pounds for "Bad Times at the El Royale."
Additionally, he used low-impact workouts to prioritize building strength, speed, and lower body agility rather than muscle mass for "Extraction 2".
"You can use bodyweight exercise variations of your regular weight training exercises during a de-load week. De-loads are vital for managing fatigue in any well-designed weight lifting program."
- Rachel Macpherson, Health Writer
Chris Hemsworth's Diet Plan
- Meal #1: Three eggs with mushrooms, capsicum, two pieces of bacon, and one piece of toast of sourdough toast
- Meal #2: Greek yogurt, blueberries, and honey
- Meal #3: Garden salad with tomatoes, avocado, parmesan, grilled chicken breast, and balsamic dressing
- Meal #4: Steak with grilled vegetables
- Meal #5: Fresh fruits
The 39-year-old actor's diet has undergone several transformations due to his varied roles.
Chris Hemsworth's physique is not enhanced by steroids. He has always aimed to consume the right amount of calories to match his calorie burn, whether to bulk up for "Thor" or maintain his lean figure for other roles.
With previous diets consisting of lean meats, Hemsworth has incorporated the high-protein vegetables to give his gut a rest from the large amounts of animal protein.
Additionally, he has cut down on how much food he eats daily. He went from eating six to eight times per day and aiming for 4,500 calories to eating three to four times a day and roughly consuming 2,500 calories.
Post You May Like: Expert Hacks for Counting Calories to Lose or Gain Weight
Does Chris Hemsworth Use Supplements?
Yes, Chris Hemsworth uses whey protein, Branch-Chain Amino Acids (BCAAs), vitamins, magnesium, and zinc.
- Whey protein - Hemsworth takes whey protein to promote muscle growth and assist in recovery .
- BCAAs - BCAAs can reduce muscle soreness and aid in increasing muscle growth .
- Zinc and magnesium - At night, Chris takes zinc to boost testosterone and magnesium at night for a better sleep quality .
What Exercises Does Chris Hemsworth Use?
Chris Hemsworth uses squats, lunges, mountain climbers, plank shoulder taps, and bicycle sit-ups.
How Often Does Chris Hemsworth Train Per Week?
Chris Hemsworth trains five days per week to ensure his body has sufficient time to rest and recover.
Add Effective Protein Powders for Muscle Growth
Even a daily 10-minute session can have impressive results on your overall health and fitness.
However, to truly see noticeable results, you'll need to ensure your nutrition is balanced and optimized for your fitness goals.
One thing I always recommend to my clients at the gym is incorporating one of the high-quality protein powders below:
We determined through our test that these supplements can promote muscle growth and improve recovery time after intense workouts.
About The Author
You May Also Like
29 Fitness Trainers Share Their Tips