Hale’s stunning appearance speaks enough of her health, fitness level, wellness, and other life habits.
After hundreds of hours spent reading her interviews and following her engaging social media posts on a range of topics like fitness, motivation, nutrition, body care, and others, we’ve found out all the details about Lucy Hale workout routine and diet plan.
Let’s see what’s her secret weapon.
Lucy Hale Workout Routine
She incorporates different interesting exercise types into her daily training routines:
- Gym workouts with her trainer
- Taking a group fitness class (to see her friends)
- Circuit training
- Weight training (mostly using free weights)
- Cardio workout
- HIIT workout
- SoulCycle spin class
- Hot Pilates
- Yoga (but not the Bikram type, as she hates holding the poses)
Hale likes to have 3–4 days of weight training, two days of cardio or HIIT workouts, and one day of stretching workouts like Pilates or yoga.
On weekends, Hale mixes up her fitness routine with hiking, swimming, running, or dog walks. It's a great way to keep active while enjoying leisure time, something I always encourage in my wellness programs.
This shows Lucy Hale values her workouts not just for their physical fitness but also for their mental benefits.
If you’d like to have a toned body like this Truth or Dare horror movie star, you could try the following workout routine we’ve created based on what she typically does to burn a ton of calories and fat while having fun.
The first four days could be dedicated to weight training, which includes:
- 15-minute warm-up on a treadmill, elliptical, bike, stairs, etc.
- 3-4 sets of 10-15 reps of some or all of the following exercises with a 20- or 30-second rest in between
- Bulgarian split dumbbell squats - 3 sets of 10 reps
- Incline crunches - 3 sets of 15 reps
- Hamstring curls - 3 sets of 15 reps
- Hanging leg raises - 4 sets of 15 reps
- Single-leg pushdowns - 3 sets of 12 reps
- Leg press - 3 sets of 10 reps
- Plank twister - 2 sets to failure
- Weighted lunges - 2 sets of 12 reps
- Dumbbell deadlifts - 3 sets of 8 reps
- Shoulder flys - 3 sets of 15 reps
- Resistance band push-ups - 3 sets of 10 reps
- Cable rows - 3 sets of 10 reps
- Lat pulldown - 3 sets of 12 reps
- Thrusters - 2 sets to failure
- Burpees - 3 sets of 12 reps
- Pull-ups - 3 sets of 8 reps
- Clean and press - 3 sets of 6-8 reps
- Leg extensions - 3 sets of 15 reps
- Kettlebell drop squats - 3 sets of 10 reps
- Ball slams - 3 sets of 12 reps
- Glute thrusters - 2 sets of 10 reps
- Biceps curls - 3 sets of 10 reps
- Delt flyes - 3 sets of 15 reps
- Skull crusher - 3 sets of 12 reps
- Triceps one-arm pushdowns - 3 sets of 12 reps
- Leg raises with a twist - 2 sets to failure
- Tricep dumbbell kickbacks - 2 sets of 15 reps
- Plank holds - 2 sets to failure
Do 40 minutes of HIIT cardio workout, doing one-minute intervals of moderate-speed exercises that motivate you—biking, running, hydro-rowing, spinning, or anything similar you want—for 20 minutes each.
The same recommendation as on Friday, but choose a different exercise version to add variety.
You can do a toning and stretching series, e.g., an hour of Pilates, yoga, or another group fitness class. If you don’t feel like it, opt for hiking, swimming, trekking, and similar activities to keep moving.
This blend of exercise and relaxation showcases her holistic approach to maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
Lucy Hale's Diet Plan
Having advised many clients on nutrition, I can relate to Hale's journey from an eating disorder to a balanced pescatarian diet, blending plant-based foods with seafood—a lifestyle choice I often recommend.
"I'll try to eat pretty well throughout the week but I definitely appreciate food and I like to indulge, but everything in moderation."
- Lucy Hale
In my nutrition coaching, I emphasize balance and moderation, just like Hale. Indulging in treats like French fries or pancakes occasionally is fine, as long as most meals are wholesome and nutritious:
- Whole, natural foods
- Whole grains
- Processed stuff
- Refined sugar
- Artificial ingredients
Meal Plan Sample
She typically has three meals per day and loves snacking and eating soup, especially chicken soup or vegetarian broth with tofu, basil, sprouts, hot sauce, etc.
In a video interview, Hale gave detailed information on meals of her choice, including her favorite treats.
- Coffee with a lot of creamers
- A slice of crispy toast with peanut or vanilla almond butter, honey, a banana, and a sprinkle of cinnamon
- A peanut butter-perfect food bar
- Bacon and eggs
- Avocado toast with a poached egg
- Chocolate chip pancakes (sometimes)
- Tuna with crispy onions
- Salad with kale, leafy greens, or other veggies and plenty of dressing
- A club sandwich with crispy buttered toast, a fried egg, melted vegan cheddar cheese, a slice of turkey breasts or bacon, tomatoes, avocado, crushed red pepper, a little mustard, and mayo
Dinner (her cheat meal):
- A burger, French fries with buttermilk ranch dressing, and a Diet Coke
- Thai curry
- Spaghetti Bolognese
- Hummus (red pepper, garlic, curry flavor) with Pita bread, tacos, celery, and carrots
- Smart Sweets (candies)
- Greek yogurt bar with chocolate chips
- Frozen grapes
From my holistic nutrition background, I understand the importance of supplements Lucy Hale includes daily:
- Vitamin B12 - since it’s tricky to get enough of it from the plant-based diet she follows;
- Omega-3 essential fatty acids - according to a study published in the Nutrients journal, they're necessary for proper heart and brain function, fighting inflammation and depression and overall health ;
- Spirulina (the blue-green algae) - rich in antioxidants and nutrients like Vitamins B, iron, and copper, which may help lower cholesterol levels, reduce inflammation and prevent cancer;
- Apple cider vinegar - one shot every morning to aid weight loss and regulate blood glucose and cholesterol levels, as stated in the study from the Frontiers journal ;
- Kombucha - improves digestion and immunity, increases energy, detoxifies, helps lose weight, lowers blood pressure, and fights cancer and heart disease;
- Age: 34
- Height: 5ft 2in
- Weight: around 120lbs
- Breast: 32in
- Waist: 24in
- Hips: 34in
- Instagram followers: 24+ million
View this post on Instagram
- Pretty Little Liars
- Truth or Dare
- The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2
- Life Sentence
- How I Met Your Mother
- Katy Keene
About The Author
You May Also Like