Most women know it isn’t easy to stay in a top form, have so much energy, and a slim, toned body shape when you have lots of family and business duties.
How does Melania Trump make it all with her hectic schedule?
We’ve followed her social media self-presentation posts to learn about her lifestyle, eating habits, and workout routine.
If you’re her curious fan, keep on reading to take a closer look into what Melania Trump eats and the type of workouts she does to maintain such a perfect body shape, top fitness level, flawless skin, and good health.
Height: 5 ft 9½ in (176.5 cm)
Weight: 137 lbs (62 kg)
Date of birth: 26 April 1970
Place of birth: Novo Mesto, Slovenia
The Secret Service Code Name for the First Lady: Muse
- Former model
- The First Lady, wife of Donald Trump, former United States President (2017-2021)
- Jewelry designer 
Melania Trump's Workout Routine
To stay fit and healthy, Melania Trump sticks to the following exercise routine:
- Instead of lifting weights, Melania Trump walks around her office (and the White House some time ago) wearing ankle weights every day, so no wonder she has such toned legs and slim ankles.
- In addition to her diligent 75-minute makeup and skincare routine, she also manages to incorporate light exercises into her everyday routine early in the morning after waking up and preparing their son Barron for school.
Some of the light exercises of her choice include:
- The roll-up
- The hundred
- The single-leg stretch
- The teaser
- Despite her super busy schedule as the First Lady and a full-time mother, she does Pilates two to three times a week to help her maintain that trim figure and stay in shape. She loves Pilates exercises because she can do them anywhere without much equipment to help strengthen her muscles and improve body flexibility. Pilates as a low-impact exercise form also helped Melania get back in shape after giving birth to their son Barron Trump.
- She plays tennis whenever she gets an opportunity. (Although there wasn’t a tennis court in the White House, their home in Palm Beach, Florida, the Trumps’ winter home Mar-a-Lago in Florida, and the Trump National Golf Club in Bedminster, New Jersey have several tennis courts, so she could play tennis on her visits to these places, usually on summer weekends.)
Here’s a sample workout recommendation based on what Mrs. Trump does for her followers who want to copy it:
- Monday, Wednesday & Friday - Pilates
- Tuesday & Thursday - light morning exercises (roll-up, single-leg stretch, teaser, hundred, and similar - 2-3 sets x 10 reps of each) and wearing ankle weights around the house throughout the day
- Saturday & Sunday - tennis (whenever possible), or another individual or team sport you like.
Melania Trump’s Diet: the Seven Pieces of Fruit
Melania Trump’s diet is balanced and healthy, with a fruit focus, medium protein, carb, and fat intake.
She drinks plenty of water and eats fresh, organic foods in moderation, avoiding fad diets, odd food combinations, overindulging, and going to extremes.
Her everyday meal choices are based on a high intake of vitamins and minerals from a variety of fruits and vegetables.
In a GQ interview, Melania Trump said she strives to eat seven pieces of fruit per day  to get the necessary nutrients and enjoy their great taste.
Even though Melania Trump tends to eat clean, she occasionally indulges in chocolate, ice cream, a Diet Coke, or her favorite chicken parmigiana from Jean Georges.
Here’s what she says about her balanced, healthy diet:
“It’s not a diet, I just like to eat healthy because I feel better and have more energy. [...] If I would snack, I would snack on maybe fruit or a little bit of chocolate, because I think your body needs that too. [...] It’s good to indulge cravings and your tastes once in a while…as long as you balance those things with healthy foods.”
- Whole, natural foods
- Fat-free yogurt
- Mixed greens
- Apple juice
- Plenty of Water
She avoids consuming:
- Fatty and fried foods
- Processed food
- Junk food
- Artificial additives
- Chemical preservatives
- Added sugar
She also doesn’t like onions and artichokes.
While abroad on diplomatic trips with her husband, Mrs. Trump isn’t always eager to try the local cuisine. Instead, she and her husband Donald Trump both stick to their country’s favorites - dishes such as grilled chicken, beef, or salad.
According to her social media posts, she makes her own meals. She particularly enjoys making these nutrient-dense combinations with a few ingredients for breakfast:
- A vitamin-packed smoothie with carrots, spinach, blueberries, celery, apples, orange juice, lemon juice, fat-free yogurt, olive oil, [flax] seeds, omega-3, and added Vitamin D
- A plate of pineapple, banana, raspberries, and blueberries
- Fiber-rich oatmeal
A few veggie-filled lunch samples she shared on her Facebook page included:
- A bowl of cucumbers, onions, radishes, and tomatoes
- A salad with mixed greens, tomatoes, and avocados
- A plate full of fresh kale, carrots, and celery ready for blending
Her Instagram and Facebook posts have revealed that Mrs. Trump likes dining out but also enjoys preparing at-home dinner from scratch in her own kitchen.
Her dinner mostly includes meat and a lot of veggies such as zucchini, celery, potatoes, plus lemons, and herbs. Some meal options include:
- A homemade pepperoni pizza with organic ingredients
- Fish and edamame beans
- Lamb with rice cooked with celery, onions, peppers, and herbs (a state dinner sample).
What Supplements Does She Take?
This Slovenian former model and First Lady gets most of the essential nutrients, including vitamins and minerals like Folate, Potassium, and others from fruits and vegetables.
But she may also use vitamin supplements, in particular antioxidants such as Vitamins A, C and E:
- Vitamin C - to reduce inflammation, enhance iron absorption, help prevent high blood pressure, heart disease, and other chronic diseases
- Vitamin E - for healthy skin, hair, eyes, and heart, helps balance hormones and cholesterol levels
- Vitamin A - for better eyesight, stronger immune system, and to reduce the risk of some cancer types
Melania Trump denies undergoing cosmetic surgery or getting Botox injections because she believes they can damage the nerves on her face. Her decision is to age gracefully, just like her mom.
Besides taking vitamins, she credits using oxygen cream (moisturizer), removing her makeup before bed, relaxing in a bubble bath, and getting enough sleep for her healthy complexion, glowing skin, as well as her youthful looks in her fifties.
Could You Follow the Fitness Routine and Diet Plan of Melania Trump?
Although she doesn’t spend time in a gym to get in shape, Melania Trump regularly visits tennis courts, walks around the house with ankle weights, does Pilates, and several other low-impact exercise types every morning as part of her workout routine.
Besides an active lifestyle, a healthy oatmeal or smoothie breakfast and fruit-focused nutrition also help Mrs. Trump to keep a slim figure.
No need for fancy equipment, celebrity personal trainers, or professional cooks.
It seems like many people could easily follow her light workouts and eating regimen.
How about you? Tell us what you think.
About The Author
You May Also Like
What To Eat & What Supplements To Take?
29 Fitness Trainers Share Their Tips