Everyone who knows this music and film star loves her energy, sense of humor, and down-to-earth nature.
Lots of Dolly Parton fans wonder how she keeps her perfect hourglass body shape any girl could envy, even in her seventies.
If you’re one of them, this article reveals Dolly’s fitness routine, diet, weight loss tips, favorites, and other details we’ve found out after doing in-depth research and reading hundreds of her interviews.
- Height: 5ft
- Weight: about 120lbs
- Born: 19 January 1946
- Hometown: Sevierville, Tennessee, USA
- Husband: Carl Dean
- Co-owner of a theme park Dollywood, Tennessee 
- Christopher Awards (2016, 2017)
- CinEuphoria Award (2019)
- Country Music Hall Of Fame (1999)
- Gold Derby Award (2006)
- Grammy Awards (1979, 1982, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2011, 2017, 2020, 2021)
- Guinness World Record (2018)
- Las Vegas Film Critics Society Award (2005)
- Midsouth Emmy Awards (2018)
- Music City Walk Of Fame (2009)
- People’s Choice Awards (1988)
- Phoenix Film Critics Society Award (2005)
- The Kennedy Center Honors (2006)
- Walk of Fame (1984)
Dolly Parton's Workout Routine: Is There Any?
Dolly Parton doesn’t follow any specific workout regimen because she isn’t a fan of formal exercise but rather spends time writing and thinking.
How does she keep such a slim waist and stunning appearance, then?
Of course, the fact that she avoids lifting weights, attending group fitness classes, or sweating on a treadmill in commercial gyms doesn’t mean she’s physically inactive.
Her lifestyle is far from sedentary.
She does something to engage both her body and mind every day.
If nothing else, she moves a lot during her rehearsals and performing on the stage for the last fifty years, which is obviously enough to keep her slim.
She lives a healthy and happy life, starting and finishing each day with meditation and prayer, going to bed early so that she can wake up at 3 a.m. and get to work.
Here’s what she says about her unique morning routine that lets her creative juices flowing:
“I do more work between 3 and 7 than most people do all day because it’s quiet and the energy’s all low, except mine.”
For Parton, age is just a number, and it’s all about your attitude as you age.
Dolly Parton's Diet
Besides staying active, to keep the pounds off, Parton watches what she eats.
Although the “Jolene” singer was believed to have made the cabbage soup diet insanely famous in the 1980s (and she probably tried it), she hates diets.
“I tried every diet in the book. I tried some that weren’t in the book. I tried eating the book. It tasted better than most of the diets. [...] I always was a junk food person, still am.”
Since she loves cooking country meals and has a huge appetite, the sure-fire way to stay slim and fit is following a low-carb diet with medium protein and fat intake that lets her eat allowed foods until she feels full.
Sometimes on the weekend cheat days, she indulges in fast food, enjoying the special flavor of her favorite hometown dishes high in carbs and fat - popcorn bread, biscuits, and sausage gravy, clams casino, fried chicken, French fries, and similar.
Foods she typically has on the menu include small portions of:
- Leafy greens
- Low-carb vegetables
- Healthy fats (olive oil, avocados, etc.)
- High-carb foods
- Processed and fast food (except on cheat day)
She eats almost everything in moderation and shares some of her weight loss secrets and wisdom that helped her stay slim:
- Eat whatever gives you delight in small amounts.
- Try pleasing the taste buds in your mouth (chew the foods without necessarily swallowing because the pleasure and satisfaction are in the tasting and chewing).
- Find out what diet works for you and stick to it.
Although this country star doesn’t talk much about the supplements she takes, she’s using what people of her age usually do:
- Multivitamins containing at least Vitamin B12, Vitamin D, Calcium, and Omega-3 fatty acids to keep her bones strong, blood glucose levels balanced, reduce inflammation, and the risk of developing dementia, among other benefits. (See best multivitamins for women)
- Probiotics for better digestive and overall health (See best probiotics for women)
What is Dolly Parton’s favorite food?
Dolly Parton’s favorite foods include:
- Potatoes (mashed, baked, French fries)
- Banana pudding (her mother made)
- Chicken and dumplings (her signature dish)
- Roast pork
- Fried okra
- Green beans
- Walnut pie
- Turnip greens
- Corn bread
- Clams casino (her favorite appetizer)
- Tacos and little pizzas from Taco Bell drive-thru
- Vienna sausage
- Tabasco sauce.
What is Dolly Parton’s diet?
The Cabbage-Soup Diet, also known as TWA Stewardess Diet, is believed to be Dolly Parton’s Diet. Although it was named after her, Dolly said in an interview for People magazine it had nothing to do with her .
How does the cabbage soup diet make you lose weight?
The cabbage soup diet is a short-term weight loss diet that involves eating an unlimited amount of cabbage soup with a mix of veggies, drinking a lot of water, and taking multivitamins. Fruit is allowed one day only.
Such a restricted intake of foods and calories paired with the high fiber intake may make you go to the bathroom more than usual, supposedly helping you lose up to 10-15 lbs in one week.
However, many experts warn that such a concept of eating is unhealthy, and the diet results are unsustainable.
Final Thoughts on Dolly Parton's Diet & Workout
Now that you know what the Queen of Country eats and does to stay in great shape, do you believe eating and keeping active like Dolly without visiting a gym could work for you?
Perhaps if you had hundreds of costumes, clothes, wigs, shoes to change, or dozens of dress rehearsals a day?
Share your opinion with us.
Was this article helpful?
About The Author
You May Also Like