Many people know Doja Cat for her music, but not many are aware of her body weight loss transformation.
As a coach, I like keeping up with celebrity weight loss stories, and Doja Cat’s caught my attention. So, I decided to look into it and extract some helpful fitness principles for my clients.
I spent a few weeks watching her interviews, observing her before and after photos, and studying her diet and workout routine.
This article will take you through the Doja Cat weight loss journey and give you tips on how you can lose weight like her.
Doja Cat Weight Loss Story
Before we get into how she lost weight, let’s look at why Doja Cat decided to go through her transformation in the first place.
Weight Loss Journey
Doja Cat's weight loss journey was a testament to her determination and hard work, both physically and mentally.
Despite starting at a weight of 140 pounds, not typically seen as overweight, she faced a continuous battle with body dysmorphia, a condition that deeply affected her self-perception and drove her commitment to change.
Reflecting on Doja Cat's journey, I've seen similar determination and hard work in many of my clients who've successfully transformed their bodies.
View this post on Instagram
However, Doja’s decision to lose weight was her choice, not because of what people said.
“Now, I just try to focus on eating well, but I definitely still struggle with body dysmorphia a bit now. But I think that’s to be completely expected when there’s all these phones in your face, right?”
- Doja Cat, American Rapper
Doja Cat’s Stats
The following are Doja Cat’s current stats:
- Date of Birth: October 21, 1995
- Height: 5’5” (165 cm)
- Weight: 54 kgs (120 pounds)
- Body Figure/Shape: Pear-shaped
- Chest: 33 inches (84 cm)
- Waist: 24 inches (61 cm)
- Hips: 38 inches (97 cm)
Her Workout Plan
Doja Cat's workout regimen was centered around a full-body routine, targeting multiple muscle groups.
Specific details about the intensity and duration of her workouts are not publicly available, but it's likely that her weight-training routine consisted of three weekly sessions, each with three sets of 8–10 reps.
In my coaching experience, I've found that a full-body routine like Doja's, which targets multiple muscle groups, is highly effective for overall fitness.
Examining the long-term sustainability of Doja Cat's fitness routine offers valuable insights into how such celebrity-endorsed health regimens can be adapted or modified for everyday individuals, balancing the rigors of strict diets and exercise with the realities of daily life.
Doja Cat Workouts
- Squat + curl
- Bench step ups
- Incline dumbbell press
- Kettlebell swings
She’s also reported to have done daily cardio. Doja diligently walked or ran for 15 minutes on the treadmill every morning and faithfully got on the stationary bike in the evenings to maintain her stamina.
Based on the limited information we have on her workouts, here are a couple of principles to take from Doja’s training.
- Weight training exercises are essential: Studies published by University of New South Wales show that lifting weights is one of the best ways to burn fat and gain muscle . In our experience, lifting weights three times a week is sufficient for fat loss.
- Cardio twice a day: Doja did cardio twice a day. With the combination of her morning and evening cardio, it’s safe to say that she got in 150 hours of cardio a week — an ideal amount for weight loss .
Her Diet Plan
The Doja Cat diet plan is fairly straightforward: consistently eat healthy food and make a conscious effort to avoid junk.
Like Doja Cat, I advise my clients to focus on healthy eating and avoiding junk food for effective weight management.
Here’s what Doja Cat more or less ate every day to lose weight:
- Breakfast: Toast and two eggs.
- Lunch: Vegetables, tuna/salmon dish, or spinach tortilla with caramelized onions, pepper jack cheese, and hot sauce.
- Evening snack: Coffee, seaweed chips, green juices.
- Dinner: Chicken steak, spinach, and salad.
Let’s examine how her diet principles helped her shed pounds:
- Avoid junk food: Avoiding unhealthy foods is one of the easiest steps anyone can take toward building a healthy lifestyle. Burning calories is a lot easier when you’re not gaining extra calories.
- Sticking to a healthy diet: Doja prepared a healthy diet plan and stuck to it. This included limiting her alcohol consumption and eating plenty of fruits and vegetables.
- High Protein Intake: A good deal of Doja’s diet contained wholesome and nourishing protein-rich foods. Eating high amounts of protein can help you feel more satiated and effectively reduce hunger pangs, according to the Food Hydrocolloids .
- Hydration: Drinking plenty of water can help you lose fat more effectively by aiding metabolism .
- Quality sleep: While this isn’t necessarily a diet principle, Doja revealed that she focused on getting quality sleep during her weight loss journey. Studies published in Canadian Medical Association Journal have shown that quality sleep helps you burn calories efficiently .
Her Weight Loss Results
There are a couple of things that need to be considered about Doja Cat’s weight loss journey: her BMI before and after. In my experience as a coach, tracking BMI changes, like in Doja Cat's case, is a key indicator of a successful weight loss journey.
Doja weighed 140 pounds before her weight loss and stood at 5’5”.
This would put her at a BMI of 26.1, which is the higher end of the normal weight zone .
She currently weighs 120 pounds, putting her at a BMI of 20, which is the mid-range of the normal weight zone.
While this may not seem like a huge deal, healthy weight loss is always good, and it kept her in a healthy BMI range.
Doja states that she was able to feel good in many of her clothes and did it for her own happiness.
Beyond her physical regimen, Doja Cat's journey underscores the importance of a positive mindset and mental resilience in weight loss, highlighting how psychological factors play a crucial role in achieving and maintaining fitness goals.
When Did Doja Cat Start Her Weight Loss Journey?
Doja Cat is reported to have started her weight loss journey at the beginning of 2021.
Did Doja Cat Lose Weight Naturally?
Yes, Doja Cat lost her weight naturally. This is because she did not lose an incredible amount of weight within a short span of time.
Did Doja Cat Undergo Plastic Surgery To Look Thinner?
No, Doja Cat did not undergo plastic surgery to look thinner.
Although some people have pointed out certain facial changes she’s experienced in her transformation, Doja denies having gone through plastic surgery.
About The Author
You May Also Like