Many people know Doja Cat for her music, but not many are aware of her weight loss transformation.
As a fitness trainer, I like keeping up with celebrity weight loss stories, and Doja Cat’s caught my attention. So, I decided to look into it and extract some helpful fitness principles for my clients.
I spent a few weeks watching her interviews, observing her before and after photos, and studying her diet and workout routine.
This article will take you through the Doja Cat weight loss journey and give you tips on how you can lose weight like her.
- Doja Cat’s weight journey allowed her to shred down her weight from 140 pounds to 120 pounds.
- A workout routine, a clean diet, and a healthy sleeping pattern helped her lose the stated weight.
- Crunches, lunges, kettle swings, push-ups, and incline dumbbell presses are some of the workouts Doja performed.
Doja Cat Weight Loss Story
Before we get into how she lost weight, let’s look at why Doja Cat decided to go through her transformation in the first place.
Weight Loss Journey
Doja Cat's weight loss transformation was not an easy one; she put in incredible physical and mental effort to achieve her current physique.
She initially weighed 140 pounds, which many wouldn’t consider overweight.
But what most people didn’t know was that she suffered from body dysmorphia almost her whole life.
This mental condition makes a person obsessively focus on their perceived flaws in appearance.
View this post on Instagram
However, Doja’s decision to lose weight was her choice, not because of what people said.
“Now, I just try to focus on eating well, but I definitely still struggle with body dysmorphia a bit now. But I think that’s to be completely expected when there’s all these phones in your face, right?”
- Doja Cat, American Rapper
Doja Cat’s Stats
The following are Doja Cat’s current stats:
- Date of Birth: October 21, 1995
- Height: 5’5” (165 cm)
- Weight: 54 kgs (120 pounds)
- Body Figure/Shape: Pear-shaped
- Chest: 33 inches (84 cm)
- Waist: 24 inches (61 cm)
- Hips: 38 inches (97 cm)
Her Workout Plan
Doja Cat’s workout plan focused on a full-body routine.
While sources reported the exercises she did to get in shape, there wasn’t any information on her social media or news that revealed the intensity and duration of her workouts.
However, we assume she did her weight-training three times a week with the standard three sets of 8–10 reps for each workout.
Doja Cat Workouts
- Squat + curl
- Bench step ups
- Incline dumbbell press
- Kettlebell swings
She’s also reported to have done daily cardio. Doja walked or ran for 15 minutes on the treadmill every morning and got on the stationary bike in the evenings.
Based on the limited information we have on her workouts, here are a couple of principles to take from Doja’s training.
- Weight training exercises are essential: Studies show that lifting weights is one of the best ways to burn fat and gain muscle . In our experience, lifting weights three times a week is sufficient for fat loss.
- Cardio twice a day: Doja did cardio twice a day. With the combination of her morning and evening cardio, it’s safe to say that she got in 150 hours of cardio a week — an ideal amount for weight loss .
Her Diet Plan
The Doja Cat diet plan is fairly straightforward: eat healthy food and avoid junk.
Here’s what Doja Cat more or less ate every day to lose weight:
- Breakfast: Toast and two eggs.
- Lunch: Vegetables, tuna/salmon dish, or spinach tortilla with caramelized onions, pepper jack cheese, and hot sauce.
- Evening snack: Coffee, seaweed chips, green juices.
- Dinner: Chicken steak, spinach, and salad.
Let’s examine how her diet principles helped her shed pounds:
- Avoid junk food: Avoiding unhealthy foods is one of the easiest steps anyone can take toward building a healthy lifestyle. Burning calories is a lot easier when you’re not gaining extra calories.
- Sticking to a healthy diet: Doja prepared a healthy diet plan and stuck to it. This included limiting her alcohol consumption and eating plenty of fruits and vegetables.
- High Protein Intake: A good deal of Doja’s diet contained protein-rich foods. Eating high amounts of protein can help you feel more satiated and reduce hunger pangs .
- Hydration: Drinking plenty of water can help you lose fat more effectively by aiding metabolism .
- Quality sleep: While this isn’t necessarily a diet principle, Doja revealed that she focused on getting quality sleep during her weight loss journey. Studies have shown that quality sleep helps you burn calories efficiently .
Her Weight Loss Results
There are a couple of things that need to be considered about Doja Cat’s weight loss journey: her BMI before and after.
Doja weighed 140 pounds before her weight loss and stood at 5’5”.
This would put her at a BMI of 26.1, which is the higher end of the normal weight zone .
She currently weighs 120 pounds, putting her at a BMI of 20, which is the mid-range of the normal weight zone.
While this may not seem like a huge deal, healthy weight loss is always good, and it kept her in a healthy BMI range.
Doja states that she was able to feel good in many of her clothes and did it for her own happiness.
When Did Doja Cat Start Her Weight Loss Journey?
Doja Cat is reported to have started her weight loss journey at the beginning of 2021.
Did Doja Cat Lose Weight Naturally?
Yes, Doja Cat lost her weight naturally. This is because she did not lose an incredible amount of weight within a short span of time.
Did Doja Cat Undergo Plastic Surgery To Look Thinner?
No, Doja Cat did not undergo plastic surgery to look thinner.
Although some people have pointed out certain facial changes she’s experienced in her transformation, Doja denies having gone through plastic surgery.
Losing Weight Like Doja Cat
While Doja Cat’s weight loss principles are straightforward and easy to follow, it can be challenging, especially with food cravings and lack of sleep getting in the way.
When my female clients battle through such obstacles with their fitness journey, I advise them to complement their diet and exercise efforts with a high-quality fat burner.
We thoroughly tested all of the products on the list, so we know they actually work. They can help enhance your workout and give you more energy to burn away stubborn fat.
Check out our list and find one that best suits your fitness goals.
About The Author
You May Also Like
29 Fitness Trainers Share Their Tips
What To Eat & What Supplements To Take?