As a personal fitness and strength coach, I get asked numerous questions about all types of supplements.
And when I encounter new legitimate ones like Brain Pill, I always bring them to our team for research and a test phase.
To check the impacts on brain performance, we got a group of 11 clients to help out with testing.
This involved keeping an hourly journal for a week without any brain supplements, followed by four weeks of taking Brain Pill and recording changes in concentration and positive mental attitude.
Here’s what we found for this Brain Pill review.
What Is Brain Pill?
Brain Pill is a nootropic supplement that claims to promote overall brain health. The main areas that the marketing material focuses on are that it may reduce brain fog and boost cognitive abilities, mental alertness, and cognitive performance.
It comes in capsule form and includes a mix of natural ingredients, including vitamins, minerals, amino acids, and herbs.
More on these shortly.
We also looked at the formula from when this product was originally released to see if there have been any changes.
Now let’s take a look at how it claims to impact brain function.
Suited for Men & Women
Our test involved having 11 clients keep a journal of their concentration, focus, and general cognitive abilities.
For the first week, they took no supplements, and then they took Brain Pill for four weeks to compare the results.
The most evident difference clients reported is stress relief, which could possibly be attributed to L-tyrosine.
“The main benefits of L-tyrosine are related to its ability to replenish catecholamine levels in the brain, which can become depleted under stressful conditions. “
- Bill Willis, PhD at Examine.com
Overall, we found it can help with mental fatigue for about two hours after taking it. But it seems like a low dose of proven ingredients, and some unproven ones as well, have this limiting impact.
We also didn't note any major improvements in mood and mental health.
- Brain Pill contains only natural ingredients
- It can provide some mental clarity and cognitive function improvements
- Limited side effects reported
- Contains a few unproven ingredients
- The effects wear off very quickly
Here are the main ingredients and what my nutritionist highlighted about them.
- Vitamin B12 and B6: These are important vitamins for energy production as well as regulating the autonomic nervous system.
- Folic Acid: This nutrient has been shown to have significant impacts on cognitive ability and mood for people of all ages .
- Cognizin: The active component here is called citicoline, and while there is some evidence to support its impact on mental clarity, studies have focused on people with medical conditions .
- Synapsa: This seems to be a bit of a mystery ingredient, and we couldn’t find leading-edge health research to support its benefits.
- L-Tyrosine: This amino acid supplement has been shown to have positive impacts on stress and general mood .
- L-Theanine: Studies have shown that this ingredient may help lift brain fog and help with cognitive decline .
- Phosphatidylserine: This is a critical ingredient for healthy brain cells, but my nutritionist highlighted that the dose is quite low .
- Ginkgo Biloba Extract: This extract is an antioxidant, and there’s evidence it can help with blood flow to the brain as well .
- DHA: Studies have shown that DHA is possibly the most important fatty acid for the brain .
- Huperzia Serrata Extract: There is some evidence that this extract may help with brain function, but studies haven’t been conclusive .
- Vinpocetine: Researchers have shown that this is an antioxidant with benefits for cognitive functioning, but the dose is rather low .
Brain Pill Side Effects
Our own test group didn’t highlight any major side effects, but we also had a look through dozens of Brain Pill customer reviews online.
Overall, there were very few reports of any side effects.
The most common thing was reports of itchy skin, but this seemed to be down to people either taking more than the recommended dose or having some allergies to ingredients.
Where Can You Buy It?
You can buy Brain Pill on Amazon.
I generally recommend that people only buy health and diet supplements on the official websites to ensure they get the real thing, but it seems that this product is only available on Amazon.
One problem I found with the Amazon order was that it took five days to ship. That’s a lot longer than I’m used to with other products.
And then it’s regularly out of stock. That makes keeping a steady supply very difficult.
Even so, it's better to wait for these platforms to restock their legitimate Brain Pill products than risk getting counterfeit or expired ones from untrustworthy platforms. You don't want these in your system since they will only harm you in some form.
Suited for Men & Women
Other User Reviews
Here are some Brain Pill review comments that we found online that reflect what a lot of people are thinking.
He found an initial increase in mental performance but commented that they seem to only work for a short while.
- Big Mike
She found that it boosted her short-term memory, which can be a great help for studying. She also found that it helped her stay focused with a better general mood as well.
How Brain Pill Compares to Other Nootropics
We looked closely at how Brain Pill compares to three leading nootropics we tested here at Total Shape.
Mind Lab Pro
Opti Nutra puts 11 high-quality ingredients into its Mind Lab Pro formula to boost mental alertness, memory concentration, and mental energy. What’s more, it promises to help prevent cognitive decline over time.
One of the key ingredients in Mind Lab Pro is 100 mg of L-theanine, which Brain Pill also contains. L-theanine is an amino acid that our dietitians confirm can improve sleep quality and, reduce stress and anxiety, and improve mood.
Our test group users reported significant improvement in sleep quality and a stronger sense of overall well-being.
The supplement also contains Organic Lion’s Mane mushroom, which can boost mental processing speed, reduce inflammation, and increase energy.
I had a clear energy boost while testing Mind Lab Pro and showed improvement in a series of cognitive tests I took before the testing phase, at the midpoint, and at the end.
Despite having multiple ingredients, Mind Lab Pro is stimulant-free and eco-friendly, and if you aren’t satisfied, they offer a 30-day money-back guarantee.
ONNIT Alpha Brain
ONNIT Alpha Brain provides a blend of brain-nourishing ingredients, including B vitamins, L-tyrosine, and L-theanine.
As a fitness trainer, my biggest pet peeve when it comes to supplements is when the manufacturers hide their formulas behind proprietary blends that make it impossible to confirm each ingredient is at optimal dosing.
So, unlike Brain Pill, Alpha Brain does not have a transparent label but instead lists three blends: Flow, Focus, and Fuel.
That said, our test group reported increased energy and some improvements to focus. I personally didn’t see much difference in these areas for the several weeks I tested out Alpha Brain.
I found that Alpha Brain is a pretty expensive nootropic when shopping around for our testing.
Focus Factor is an interesting multivitamin and nootropic combination. The supplement contains vitamins A, B6, C, D, and E, zinc, iron, magnesium, and calcium which our dietitian confirms are solid doses.
It also includes a proprietary blend of bacopa monnieri, huperzine a, bilberry extract, GABA, and other ingredients that may enhance cogntiive function. Again, I hate to see proprietary blends.
Our test group reported feeling good, likely due to the multivitamin side of the supplement. There wasn’t a huge improvement in cognitive function across the board.
Additionally, many users in our group reported stomach discomfort and nausea while taking Focus Factor, and I, too, was afflicted by this.
On the bright side, I received free shipping on my order for testing and was pleasantly surprised at the shipping speed, receiving my order in four days.
Is It Safe To Take Brain Pill Every Day?
Yes, it’s safe to take Brain Pill every day. There are limited reports of side effects, and the ingredients can have positive effects on cognitive functions for work and general life tasks.
Does Brain Pill Contain Banned Ingredients?
No, Brain Pill doesn’t contain any banned ingredients. It’s based on a mix of vitamins, minerals, amino acids, and herbs that won’t trigger a positive drug test.
Should You Buy Brain Pill?
Based on our testing results, we’re not recommending that people buy Brain Pill. Some of the Brain Pill ingredients have a very low dose, which would explain why our testing team thought it only lasted a few hours.
If you want to experience a longer-lasting effect and boost mental performance effectively, then check out Mind Lab Pro.
We have recommended this for a while and have had consistent results for focus and cognitive stamina both at work and at the gym.
Find out how much of a difference you can experience.
We Recommend This Instead
Mind Lab Pro
- Great combination of herbs and amino acids that work as a cognitive enhancer
- Added B vitamins to support red blood cell production and boosted energy levels
- Great feedback from users that it can help with relieving anxiety
- Get the BEST PRICE until the end of May
- The capsules are not the smallest ones to swallow
About The Author
You May Also Like
Ingredients & Side Effects