I've spent many years as a personal fitness coach advising clients to stay on top of their testosterone levels, especially when it comes to muscle building and weight management.
The problem I often encounter is that some clients have had bad experiences with natural supplements that often don't work and give them an upset stomach.
One of our clients was considering taking Test X180 Alpha, but he had seen a few mixed reviews.
So, we teamed up with our dietitian and a few clients to test it out and bring you this full Test X180 Alpha review.
What Is Test X180 Alpha?
Test X180 Alpha is a natural testosterone booster supplement that claims to improve muscle growth, strength, and sexual and physical performance levels.
The company behind it is Force Factor which has been active in the dietary supplements space for many years.
This company’s approach is a formula of minerals, vitamins, and natural herbs that Force Factor claims are all based on science.
And while the individual ingredients might have some scientific evidence that they boost testosterone, it always comes down to the dosage.
More on that shortly.
This particular testosterone supplement comes in capsule form, and you take two of them per day. Each capsule then delivers a mix of zinc, vitamin B complex, manganese, and a few herbs common in traditional medicine.
Test X180 Alpha Benefits
The first thing we noted in our research and testing is that Test X180 Alpha seems to have a good dose of L-citrulline, which has been tied to nitric oxide production . This seems to result in better pumps during weight training but could also help with erectile dysfunction.
Just don't mistake increased pumps with better athletic performance, as that takes a while to build up.
We also noticed that quite a few people commented that they didn't end up with stomach issues, which tend to be common with test boosters.
And finally, I need to highlight that there is a good combination of vitamins and minerals that could help with energy levels and sex drive.
Does Test X180 Alpha Have Shortfalls
The very first thing my dietitian pointed out is that the Test X180 Alpha label lists 8 mg of zinc which is only about 70% of the daily need for men . And for men that have low T-levels, twice that amount would be a better option to increase free testosterone.
But we had a bigger issue with the way Force Factor has published the ingredients. The sexual performance and T-booster ingredients are listed as a proprietary formula. And that means you don't get the exact details of how much of each is in there.
If you plan to stack it with other supplements, that might make things quite difficult.
- Delivers a range of vitamins and minerals tied to testosterone production
- It comes with l-citrulline for improved blood flow
- Positive comments that it doesn't cause stomach cramps or bloating
- There isn't enough zinc included to ensure maximum testosterone production
- Force Factor hides behind a proprietary formula that makes stacking difficult
Test X180 Alpha Ingredients
The Test X180 Alpha supplement facts are broken down into three sections, and we took a close look at each with a dietitian to see if they are really backed by science.
Vitamins And Minerals
- Vitamin B1, B2, B6, B12: These vitamins have been tied to the body's ability to convert macronutrients into energy . A good boost of these vitamins should help on your workout days.
- Zinc: This is a critical mineral for hormone production, especially when it comes to testosterone . It's often one of the first things doctors recommend when treating erectile dysfunction. Our main issue here is that there's only 8 mg which is a bit on the low side.
- Selenium, Copper, Manganese: We did find a study that has linked these minerals to testosterone production levels , but my personal experience with other supplements has been that these minerals should be included in a higher dosage.
Sexual Performance Mix
- L-Citrulline: There seems to be plenty of evidence for this ingredient, and it's commonly used by athletes to improve pumps . And the same response that brings more blood to muscles could make a difference for erectile dysfunction.
- Black Maca Root Extract: This South American root extract has been used in traditional medicine to improve libido. But there doesn't seem to be enough scientific evidence to support this claim .
- Damiana Leaf Extract: This is one I haven't seen on many labels, so we had to do some more digging. There is some evidence that it might enhance the effect of certain amino acids, but none of those are included in Test X180 Alpha .
- Muira Puama Bark Extract: Unfortunately, we weren't able to confirm the evidence of this herb either, with some sources saying that there has been no scientific study to confirm it .
Testosterone Booster Mix
Testofen Fenugreek Seed Extract: This is a proprietary mix, but we did find a study that saw effectiveness in Fenugreek helping to produce more energy and testosterone .
The main concern we have is that this T-booster mix has a total of 3.5 grams which might not be enough for higher T-levels.
White Mushroom: The theory here is that mushrooms may reduce the amount of aromatase, which is an enzyme that transforms testosterone into estrogen .
Stinging Nettle Leaf Extract: This is a positive ingredient, with studies showing that it may influence T-levels .
Whether the dose is enough was a question of testing it out, and we did find some surprises.
Where Can You Buy Test X180 Alpha?
The only place we could find Test X180 Alpha for sale was on Amazon reseller pages.
Generally, we recommend that people only buy directly on the official website of a supplement company to avoid ending up with a counterfeit product.
The price was OK, and the delivery time was two days with an Amazon Prime account, which is pretty good.
But one problem we had was ordering more bottles of Test X180 Alpha. It's often listed as "Temporarily Out Of Stock," and that means you could run out before you get a new bottle.
How Does Test X180 Alpha Compare To Other Products?
Our team at Total Shape has been testing the best testosterone boosters on a monthly and sometimes weekly basis. As a result, we have collected a lot of data in all different supplement categories.
What we do with these tests is check the impact on T-levels, physical and mental energy, and muscle mass as well. To do this, we got clients and our team members to take these, and then we compared the measured results.
We noticed that Test X180 Alpha has a good impact on pumps and physical energy. That also included some improved libido to give you some bedroom activity for those rest days.
But, we didn't see a huge difference in measured T-levels and ultimately lean muscle development. The supplement that still gives us the best results as measured by a blood test is TestoFuel.
The main reason we think it has a better formula than what Force Factor has put together is due to 10 mg of zinc combined with D-aspartic acid and ginseng, which seems to be a more effective formula.
Test X180 Alpha User Reviews
We also spent some time looking through hundreds of online user reviews to see what Test X180 Alpha customers said about it.
Ryan is in his 50s and had received blood test results that showed low T-levels and were leading to weight issues. He noticed some improvements in energy, but his T-count didn't go up much after using Test X180 Alpha. - Ryan From Oakland
Shaun was looking for some help with bulking phases to build up more mass. He was taking Test X180 Alpha for three months but didn't notice much of a difference. - Shaun From Austin
How Long Does Test x180 Alpha Work?
It takes about 4 to 8 weeks for Test X180 Alpha to work. This is about the same as most other natural T-boosters, but people have reported limited results with Test X180 Alpha after that time frame.
Does Test x180 Alpha Show Up on a Drug Test?
No, Test X180 Alpha doesn't show up on a drug test. It only contains natural herbs and micronutrients that are not on any list of banned substances.
Should You Buy Test X180 Alpha?
Overall, our test results and research showed that Test X180 Alpha isn't the best T-booster available. We just think that the Test X180 Alpha formula could be based on more scientific proof.
We've had far better results with a supplement called Aphro-D. It seems like the stronger dose of zinc combined with ginseng has a better effect on the male body. We got some great pumps and measured higher T-levels after two months.
It's worth trying out if you've been struggling with your T-levels. Check out our Aphro-D Review for more information.