American football fans who follow the career and lifestyle of one of the best quarterbacks are interested in the way he works out with his trainer, foods, supplements, and other things he uses to help him get that muscle fitness, strength, and perfectly defined body.
Without further ado, this article reveals everything you’ve wanted to know about Cam Newton workout routine and diet plan.
- Height: 6ft 5in
- Weight: 245lbs
- Chest: 50in
- Biceps: 17in
- Waist: 36in
- Position: Quarterback (QB)
- 2011-2020 Carolina Panthers
- 2020-present New England Patriots 
- 2010 Heisman Trophy Winner
- 2011 NFL AP Offensive Rookie of the Year
- 2015 NFL AP Offensive Player of the Year
- 2015 NFL AP MVP
- 2015 NFL Bert Bell Award
- 2016 NFL Top 100 (#1)
Cam Newton Workout Routine
Cam Newton workout plan includes different exercise types as part of his cardio, weight, strength, core circuit, agility training, etc., tailored to gain more functional strength, explosive power, achieve better muscle fitness, mobility, and other goals.
The off-season training Newton typically does five times per week at his home gym for 1-2 hours includes:
- Cardio training - 5-minute warm-up, workout on a treadmill or stationary bike to increase stamina rather than speed, 10-minute cool-down
- Strength training - lifting weights for an hour, focusing on a different body part each day to improve total body strength (more details later)
- Agility training - with added resistance bands, agility ladder, or steps for increased exercise difficulty
His sample off-season workout consists of the following drills with a 60-second rest in between each exercise:
- Neck rotations - 2x10 repetitions
- Physioball leg curls - 3x10 reps
- Shoulders-elevated hip lifts (with bands) - 5x10 reps
- Bulgarian split squats - 5x5 reps/side
- Single-arm cable rows (half-kneeling) - 3x10 reps/side
- One-arm kettlebell press (half-kneeling) - 3x8 reps/side
- Rotator cuff band circuit - 3x10-15 reps
- Seated medicine ball rotation - 3x15 reps
- Combo lunges (forward and reverse, with bands) - 3x4 reps/side
Different workout routines within his strength training mainly include light conditioning, core circuits, mobility, and flexibility training. He typically performs 4-5 sets of 8-15 repetitions of the exercises below with a 60-second rest in between.
Cam Newton Core Workout
Here’s the core workout routine Carolina Panthers strength coaches Jason Benguche and Joe Kenn designed for this NFL quarterback’s core strength and stability:
- Kettlebell power pulls - 2-3 sets, 4-6 repetitions
- Kettlebell single-leg squats - 2-3 sets, 5-8 reps
- Single-arm dumbbell bench presses - 2-3 sets, 6-10 reps
- TRX inverted rows - 2-3 sets, 10-15 reps
- Single-leg good mornings - 2-3 sets, 6-10 reps
Cam Newton Back Workout
Cam Newton’s back workout includes the following exercises:
- Lat pulldown
- Close-grip lat pulldown
- Cable row
- Bent over row
- Single-arm dumbbell row
Cam Newton Chest Workout
The chest workout of this warrior on the field includes:
- Bench press
- Incline bench press
- Chest press
- Dumbbell press
- Dumbbell fly
- Cable cross
Cam Newton Shoulder Workout
For increased shoulder strength and flexibility following his last shoulder surgery after the injury, Cam Newton does these exercises:
- Military press
- Arnold press
- Front raise
- Lateral raise
- Rear delt fly
Cam Newton Arms Workout
Cam Newton strengthens his arms by performing these movements:
- Barbell curls
- Biceps curls
- Isolation curls
- Preacher curls
- Tricep extension
- Tricep pushdown
- Skull crusher
- Dumbbell kickbacks
Cam Newton Legs Workout
Cam Newton’s legs workouts consist of the following exercise drill:
- Leg presses
- Leg curls
- Leg extension
- Stiff-legged deadlifts
- Calf raises
Cam Newton’s Diet Plan
After his injuries in 2018, Newton stopped eating red meat but continued to consume some animal products, fish, and seafood as a pescatarian. He went fully vegan in early 2019.
Some people blamed his purely plant-based nutrition for lowered performance on the football field, convinced that he couldn’t get enough nutrients without meat and dairy.
However, Newton claimed that he’s never felt healthier before and disagreed that the change to a vegan diet has impacted his fitness, sports achievements, or ability to get enough nutrients.
He gets enough protein, essential amino acids, and other necessary nutrients from rice, beans, peas, and various veggies.
Hundreds of professional sportspeople and American NFL stars like Le’Veon Bell, Tyrann Mathieu, his team players like former Patriot quarterback Tom Brady, and many others have followed a vegan diet regimen for years.
Newton’s favorite is Chinese food.
Cam Newton keeps his supplements under wraps. Besides vegan protein shakes and bars, he might be using the key nutrients many vegans often lack - Omega-3s, Vitamin B12, Calcium, Vitamin D, Zinc, and Iodine.
These are essential for proper metabolism, strong immunity, heart and bones, good memory and mood, muscle recovery, function, and overall health.
Cam Newton consumes:
- Whole grains
- Junk/refined foods
- Other animal products
Sample Meal Plan
- Vegan protein shake/bar
- Meat-free burger
- Whole grain pasta
- Fresh juice/smoothie
Are You Going To Try Cam Newton's Workout Routine?
Newton’s workout regimen isn’t for an average person but superior athletes. His focus is on training hard and eating clean plant-based food. That’s what results in his beast athleticism.
With all this in-depth information on Cam Newton workout routine and diet, do you think you could use it as inspiration to build a body like his?
Go ahead! Set your next fitness goal and work toward it.