Nootropic supplements for motivation have become a part of my and many of my clients’ routines.
So, to help you choose a high-quality nootropic, I decided to compile a list of the best ones on the market. I’ve spent months testing different products and consulted a close doctor friend for the final verdict.
Keep reading to learn the ingredients, benefits, and side effects of the finest motivation supplements.
Our Best Nootropics for Motivation (January 2023)
1 - Mind Lab Pro (Editor's Choice)
Mind Lab Pro is among the most well-known nutritional brain nootropic supplements available.
It impacts more than one of the brain's reward pathways and strives for whole-brain optimization.
Its ingredients are scientifically proven to improve brain function and promote motivation.
Rhodiola Rosea, one of the key constituents, improves physical and mental performance .
Another component, L-theanine, has been analyzed in brain cell research and clinical trials and demonstrated to lower stress-related signs and enhance general cognitive function after four weeks .
In my experience, after using Mind Lab Pro for 2 weeks, I felt a tremendous and effective cognitive performance boost. I felt motivated every time I wanted to complete my workout.
- Rhodiola Rosea : 50 mg
- L-Theanine : 100 mg
- Lion's Mane Mushroom : 500 mg
- Its ingredients are devoid of additives, GMOs, and allergens
- The manufacturer offers a money-back guarantee for 60 days minus shipping expenses
- It strengthens the mind’s resistance to stress
- It is a third-party tested and verified nootropic
- It does not include a subscription structure
2 - Onnit Alpha Brain
Onnit Alpha Brain is a nutritional supplement that promotes cognitive functions such as memory, mental energy, and attention. You'll be able to think more clearly at work or the gym.
The components in Onnit Alpha Brain are all natural and third-party tested for prohibited chemicals and impurities.
For instance, L-theanine in Onnit Alpha Brain helps in times of stress and reduces anxiety, getting you into a better mood .
L-leucine, another component, is employed in the production of proteins. It stimulates muscle growth as well as lean body mass while also healing the skin and bones .
Our testing results showed that some of our clients noticed a better mood toward their workouts and an enhanced motivation to exercise harder after taking Onnit Alpha Brain.
- Onnit Flow Blend : 650 mg
- Onnit Focus Blend : 240 mg
- Onnit Fuel Blend : 60 mg
- It is gluten, dairy, and stimulant-free
- It provides an intense focus due to phosphatidylserine
- It contains ingredients like L-theanine and oat straw that enable you to think more clearly under stressful situations
- It is more expensive than most motivation nootropics on the market
3 - Gorilla Mind Smooth
Gorilla Mind Smooth is a "non-stimulant" product for caffeine-sensitive people.
It can give you the required motivation, attention without jitters, and focus without anxiety.
It contains tyrosine, a precursor to dopamine receptors, and norepinephrine which replenish their levels and thus improve cognitive function and focus under stressful tasks .
Also, several Kanna bioactive components have been investigated for their potential to ease anxiety, depression, and stress, as well as to increase feelings of well-being .
Our clients reported having experienced heightened energy levels and focus and were also able to deal with stressful situations after using Gorilla Mind Smooth.
- Bacopa Monnieri : 165 mg
- Kanna : 250 mg
- Alpha : GPC 600 mg
- Ginkgo Extract : 180 mg
- It may improve dementia and other cognitive disorders
- It is a stimulant-free supplement
- It contains L-theanine that maximizes mental clarity and helps calm down the brain
- Its ingredients are somewhat low in dosages
4 - NooCube
Noocube is a well-known and tested dietary nootropic made entirely of natural ingredients.
It not only improves mental abilities like memory, but it also boosts motivation by incorporating ingredients such as resveratrol.
This compound keeps the brain sharp, strong, and active for a long time .
It differs from other motivation-boosting nootropics as it does not attempt to impact the blood-brain barrier or metabolism directly. Rather, this supplement aims at influencing the gut-brain axis .
In my experience, it took a little while to feel NooCube effects, but I stuck with it daily, and it worked a treat.
- L-Carnitine : 800 mg
- Ginkgo Biloba : 120 mg
- Rhodiola Rosea : 50 mg
- Vitamin B6 : 2.5 mg
- It is a GMO and stimulant-free supplement
- It contains prebiotics and probiotics, which stabilizes mood and memory and boosts the gut-brain axis
- Its component, L-theanine, increases the synthesis of neurotransmitters like serotonin
- It takes about a week to start feeling the effects
5 - Hunter Focus
Hunter Focus is an effective nootropic that boosts memory/recall, concentration, and mood due to its natural ingredients.
Other advantages of using Hunter Focus include enhanced creativity, improved energy, and learning skills.
This is made possible due to the concentration activation, memory matrix, and mood amplification blends in this supplement.
Moreover, it contains L-theanine, which improves motivation while promoting brain cell growth, performance, and activity .
“L-theanine induces anxiolytic calmness while maintaining – and often even improving – concentration, attention, and motivation. And it does so via increasing alpha brain waves, the brain frequencies linked with cognitive "relaxed wakefulness.”
- Ramon Velazquez, Doctor of Philosophy
Having said that, I noticed an increase in my mood and motivation toward workouts after taking this supplement. It boosted my focus and energy, and I was able to complete my exercises on time.
- L-Tyrosine : 500 mg
- L-Theanine : 200 mg
- Citicoline : 250 mg
- Caffeine Anhydrous : 100 mg
- It contains amino acids and natural herbs
- It has greater, more effective dosages than other nootropics
- It reduces the signs of stress and depression and can help heal nerve damage
- It is not suitable for vegetarians or vegans
6 - Gorilla Shroom
Gorilla Shroom is a combination of mushrooms intended to help you achieve memory improvement, motivation, focus, vitality, and mental clarity.
It contains ingredients that have been utilized for thousands of years for their brain-boosting powers and the health advantages they provide.
When it comes to my experience with dosages, I used to take three pills in the morning, and they kept me focused until bedtime.
- Lion's Mane Mushroom : 1500 mg
- Reishi Mushroom : 500 mg
- Cordyceps Mushroom : 1000 mg
- Maitake Mushroom : 250 mg
- You can stack this supplement with other nootropics
- It promotes neurological improvements by incorporating Cordyceps mushrooms
- It contains Maitake and Lion’s Mane that provides motivation, mental clarity, and neuroprotective benefits
- It is expensive when compared to other motivation nootropics on the market
7 - TeaCrine
Theacrine is a caffeine-like naturally occurring substance and an active ingredient in this product.
Supplementing with theacrine may lead to feeling motivated, having more energy, and having better mental clarity .
It may also enhance your dopamine neurons and serotonin in the prefrontal cortex, thus boosting your moods .
TeaCrine always gives me four hours of effective benefits. That is enough time to complete my workouts and continue going strong with the other activities.
- Theacrine : 5 g
- It provides jitter-free sustained energy
- It improves focus and multitasking abilities
- It works quickly, reaching its full benefits in a few hours
- Does not include a scoop, so it’s difficult to measure the dosages
8 - Qualia Mind
Qualia Mind is a supplement with many active components capable of improving your cognitive performance, motivation, and attention.
Huperzine A is a chemical that has exhibited the potential to prevent mild cognitive impairment and the detrimental effects of neurotransmission that stimulate glutamate AMPA receptors .
Bacopa Monnieri considerably increases learning rate, memory formation, and anxiety reduction speed when visually processing information .
My clients felt more driven and concentrated on their tasks after taking this product. However, some of them reported having felt jittery and sleepless.
- Huperzine A : 5 mg
- Alpha GPC : 200 mg
- Cognizin Citicoline : 150 mg
- Bacopa Monnieri : 300 mg
- It enhances learning and memory by facilitating the release of acetylcholine within the brain
- The company offers a 100-day money-back guarantee
- Its component, acetyl-L-carnitine, helps defend against dementia, depression, and ischemia
- It may be tiresome to consume seven capsules every day
9 - NeuroFuel
NeuroFuel is a nutritional supplement that eliminates brain fog, improves attention, and provides endless energy due to its formula that helps safeguard brain health.
Its unique combination of ingredients may also help you protect your central nervous system by stimulating the metabotropic glutamate receptors. This leads to enhanced memory and attention.
Its ingredient, artichoke, has antioxidant benefits and can reduce cholesterol production and improve cognitive function.
Moreover, it may lead to improved long-term memory, increased alertness, and neuroprotection .
I could feel the benefits of NeuroFuel the first day I used it. The product lifted my brain fog and made me feel more energized.
- Artichoke : 900 mg
- Coleus Forskohlii : 20 mg
- Acetyl-L-Carnitine : 750 mg
- L-Phenylalanine : 500 mg
- It contains acetyl-L-carnitine that prevents memory decline
- Its vitamin B6 helps increase dopamine synthesis and enhance metabolism
- It enhances episodic secondary memory and long-term memory due to Forskohlii and L-phenylalanine
- It offers only 15 servings per bottle
10 - N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine (NALT)
N-acetyl L-tyrosine is a compound beneficial for motivation since it is the amino acid source of dopamine.
If you don't have enough N-acetyl L-tyrosine in the body, you'll have fewer dopamine levels and no motivation .
N-acetyl L-tyrosine improves memory, executive function, and innovative flow states and reduces stress while elevating mood .
It is a very efficient nootropic for brain function that aids in the maintenance of mental performance under severe stress .
When I tested this supplement, I certainly felt a boost in motivation and could also pay attention for extended periods. The tablets are small and simple to take and have no taste.
- N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine : 250 mg
- It boosts alertness and cognition under stress
- It may improve mood and increase thyroid hormone production
- It speeds up the metabolization
- It may cause headaches and fatigue
Through in-depth evaluation and working with a team of specialists, we’ve made it our mission to spotlight nootropics that are worth your money.
Therefore, consider the following factors while selecting a motivation nootropic supplement.
Possible Side Effects
Some nootropic compounds, such as L-tyrosine, might cause indigestion, sleeplessness, and skin irritation.
Educating yourself about the potential adverse effects of each nootropic product accessible to you may assist you in picking the best based on your preferences.
"It is our responsibility, like with any other medicine, to conduct research and be cognizant of what we put into our bodies."
- Jacob Kovacs, Neuroscientist
Active elements such as B vitamins and L-theanine are necessary for increasing motivation.
Other components, such as Lion's Mane mushroom, have been shown to boost brain cell proliferation .
Understanding the science behind each component and whether or not it is a useful nootropic assists you in selecting the ideal supplement.
Who Should Take Nootropics for Motivation?
You should take nootropics for motivation if you want to increase your dopamine levels, boost your energy and mood, and elevate your mental activity.
In addition, people suffering from mental fatigue that may be underlying their lack of motivation can take these products.
For example, if you're bone-tired and have little interest in pursuing an activity or project, a nootropic might assist in raising your energy levels.
- Recommended Nootropics for Men
- Recommended Nootropics for Women
- Recommended Nootropics for ADHD
- Recommended Nootropics for Anxiety
Who Shouldn't Take Nootropics for Motivation?
You should not take nootropics for motivation if you are pregnant or nursing.
Moreover, persons under 18 and those suffering from underlying diseases should avoid these products.
If you are taking certain medications, you should avoid using nootropics, as they may interact with the drugs you are taking.
However, I recommend talking to your doctor about the safety of any nootropic before taking it.
Do Nootropics Help With Motivation?
Yes, nootropics help with motivation. They can improve dopamine levels, energy, and performance by boosting focus, cognition, and alertness.
What Is the Best Nootropic to Increase Motivation?
The best nootropic to increase motivation is L-theanine. It increases alpha brainwave activity, the EEG-monitored brain frequencies linked with cognitive "relaxed wakefulness.”
What Nootropic Increases Dopamine?
The nootropic that increases dopamine levels is L-tyrosine. It has a particularly powerful nootropic impact on mood because it increases levels of the chemical L-DOPA, which is a precursor to dopamine.
Which Nootropic Should You Choose?
After weeks of testing, I can confidently say that Mind Lab Pro is the best nootropic to boost motivation. It contains the most effective dopamine nootropic for motivation in a high-quality brain-boosting formula.
It is quite beneficial for individuals suffering from generalized anxiety and depression.
It may also help you avoid panic episodes and reduce your stress levels while increasing your motivation to complete daily tasks.
About The Author
You May Also Like